You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I disagree I think he is a very creative player with excellent close control, I would say your description suits Valencia, knock ball past player, put in cross.

Nani on other hand can play excellent through ball, excellent crossed and us great finisher too.I think he's been undervalued at Manu and would thrive at club where he was one of key players and getting praise.

Silly Manc.

You have to be a manc to think one of there players is good?

I dispise Manu the club and would like nothing better then to see them relegated to lower leagues.

You must have a very tenuous grasp on "our" clubs history to suggest such a thing.It has not happenned very often for a reason.

I disagree I think he is a very creative player with excellent close control' date=' I would say your description suits Valencia, knock ball past player, put in cross.

Nani on other hand can play excellent through ball, excellent crossed and us great finisher too.I think he's been undervalued at Manu and would thrive at club where he was one of key players and getting praise.[/quote']

Not treated badly the poor wee thing. Not good enough, too much running in to trouble and the occasional flash of being good.

Would be more like that plus 25mil though Mac.

That 25m isn't gonna do anything on the pitch, though.

I think Mkhitaryan and Papadopoulous would be staters and the rest all squad players.

With Reina, Carra and Suarez all leaving this summer it's gonna be hard to improve our starting 11 unless we buy proven class.

That 25m isn't gonna do anything on the pitch, though.

I think Mkhitaryan and Papadopoulous would be staters and the rest all squad players.

With Reina, Carra and Suarez all leaving this summer it's gonna be hard to improve our starting 11 unless we buy proven class.

I am assuming that it would be pumped into transfers and getting those two in with the extra money allows for two top shelf CBs to come in, plus Toure. Individually I hear what you are saying, but I really do not think it will be that hard for us to be a stronger overall side than we were last year. Whether that is enough to close the gap remains to be seen.

Have any of you heard about the rumours linking Downing to Fulham? Apparently Downing may be surplus to requirements. Jonjo Shelvey is also being considered for sale too. These are just rumours.

I think if we get offers both will be off. Where to is another question.

I'll tell you one thing.

If we tie up

Luis Alberto

Iago Aspas

Tiago Llori

Christian Atsu

Kyriagkos Papadopolous

Mikitayran

Simon Mignolet.

We're going to have one hell of a squad.

Who do those six replace?.

Also taking cost in to account

Alberto = Downing about the same price

Aspas = Carroll £7 million up

Llori = Coates about the same

Atsu = Sterling (loan) £3 million down

Papadopolos = Carragher £15 million down

Mikitayran = Shelvey £17 million down

Mignolet = Reina about the same

So that would cost about £28 million in transfer fees, and the total wage bill would go down.

I think it's unlikely that we will get all six of these.

Papadopolos for a start seems like it won't happen due to the size of the fee they are demanding, and Spurs are bound to get involved to try and nick one or two of these.

It is looking more and more likely that Suarez is off though, so hopefully we could use most of this fee to go for a top quality striker, as I really don't think Sturridge, Borini and Aspas are either proven enough at this level or injury free enough to rely on.

• Downvote 1

I think your figures are slightly out and we are more than seven up on the Aspas = Carroll

plus it would be Papadopolos = Skrtel 7million down.

Toure is the replacement for Carragher.

I make you right regards the wages the bill that would be well reduced.

If we can hang on to Suarez and do roughly above we would start this season a lot stronger than last, adding Coutinho and Sturridge into the equation.

I would be one very happy camper.

LFC are closing in on a deal to sign Christian Atsu via the Times (Gary Jacob, Tony Barrett)

Never seen him play

Meant to be a bit of a "boom or bust" player, though I've not watched much of him (and what I have seen he was borderline terrible).

Seems a decent gamble, I suppose. We have Sterling/Coutinho already who can play at left forward, so we're fairly well covered; if we want to take a flyer on a player who has a small chance to turn out absolutely brilliant, as long as it's not expensive, why not? Unlikely we'd lose money on him and if we hit the jackpot and he is the next John Barnes then it looks a brilliant decision.

Low risk, potentially high reward. That's a pretty good business model.

Nani for 8m anyone?

Pisses over any winger we have or have been linked with, has something to prove and for 8m is an absolute steal.

VERY unlikely I know but for this kind of price I'd like us to at least try, offering him chance to be key player in big team you never know.

Keep away from the Scum.

Meant to be a bit of a "boom or bust" player, though I've not watched much of him (and what I have seen he was borderline terrible).

Seems a decent gamble, I suppose. We have Sterling/Coutinho already who can play at left forward, so we're fairly well covered; if we want to take a flyer on a player who has a small chance to turn out absolutely brilliant, as long as it's not expensive, why not? Unlikely we'd lose money on him and if we hit the jackpot and he is the next John Barnes then it looks a brilliant decision.

Low risk, potentially high reward. That's a pretty good business model.

Assaidi.

Stay well clear of Nani, insane talk right there.

As we are close with Mignolet, is that us getting one up on Reina, instead of him leaving us is in the shit? We would never have Reina and Mignolet in the squad at the same time. - What fee do you think we can get for Reina?

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO

Liverpool have beaten a host of Premier League rivals to land Bristol City teenage sensation Herbie Kane. #LFC #BCFC.

Bound to turn into the best player ever with a name like that.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO

Liverpool have beaten a host of Premier League rivals to land Bristol City teenage sensation Herbie Kane. #LFC #BCFC.

Bound to turn into the best player ever with a name like that.

Imagine when he loses his rag! The headlines write themselves.