You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

You conveniently chose to ignore my reply to your " leap of faith" post. Like ive said, you are entitled to have an opinion different to mine.

My perspective is that to finish higher than 7th, we need better players as over a 38 game season, the League doesn't lie. We may well sign all the good players you mention, we may well not - We may even sign Pearce, however it will be harder to progress if we sell our best player(s)

I'm sure players look at ambition of clubs, we have an opportunity with 4 of the teams who finished above us having new managers to take the bull by the horns.

What the fuck are you talking about? Nobody is saying we don't need better players. Of course we need better players. What's so fucking revolutionary about that? People are having a go at you for shitting your fucking pants about signing the likes of Alex Pearce when we haven't even been in for him of linked to him by any reputable journalist; quite the opposite, in fact.

Tell you what....I'll wait for you to let me know when it is acceptable to debate comings and goings at LFC.

Now run along, don't forget now

We aren't debating comings and goings, you're saying Suarez is leaving because we're only signing Toure, Aspas and Pearce; I'm saying you're retarded.

I think Sturridge is a better option for us than Higuain! Our problem is goals from the wide areas, two player's who can score more than 10 from the wide areas and a number 10 who can do the same are what we need. Not sure a goal scorer is.

Play Sturridge on the right then. He's inconsistent anyway and Higuain is twice the striker Sturridge is. We could move Sturridge upfront when Higuain doesn't play.

Then get Eriksen to play as the number 10, Coutinho off the left and we'll win every game 4-3!

Ok fuck off Marko

Lets get back to talking about transfers

As i have been saying for months on here, Suarez should be sold. People on here who had Suarez pyjama's and posters on their walls went ape shit

These foreign players have no loyalty....you should have learned that after Torres

Anyway his value is at its highest, he wont be scoring 30+ goals next year (in my opinion) and has 3 years on his contract

50+ million and we would be mental not to sell him and by 2-3 top players with the money.

McManaman, Owen. Now fuck off.

It is has everything to do with being foreign and not from Liverpool, thats why Carragher stayed here is whole career and other players do the same.

Anyway i dont really care about that, he can go if he wants to.

Personally i would have sold him even if he didnt want to go, but only for 50 million+

The reason i've been saying that is because we need a team not an individual, and we need quality in other places and selling him for 50 million would allow us to move forward as a club and it gives us the chance to make the whole squad stronger

Plenty of players in the world can score goals, and we shouldnt cry our eyes out thinking Suarez is the only one.

In Rodgers system, we create plenty of chances and there are plenty of players in the world capable of putting them away

I always thought Suarez was damn greedy at times too

McManaman, Owen. Please fuck off.

Marko and the fridge. I have no idea who you are but you're both dribble chinned rock munchers and I wish aids upon you and your families.

Fucking place has gone to dogs. I'm a forum celebrity and I don't have the time to deal with your shite... Somebody take my fucking picture.

Marko and the fridge. I have no idea who you are but you're both dribble chinned rock munchers and I wish aids upon you and your families.

Fucking place has gone to dogs. I'm a forum celebrity and I don't have the time to deal with your shite... Somebody take my fucking picture.

Look.... I don't want to be your friend son, I know you don't have any, you know, real proper human friends that are not on a computer, but your barking up the wrong tree here.

This probably explains this;

30 odd posts, not one of which has even been slightly positive about the club! But of course you are just telling it like it is, aren't you? And you are not in any shape or form a former poster intent in arguing and contradicting everybody, until eventually you get banned.

Believe it or not im a postive person especially concerning LFC, Suarez most likely leaving has hacked me off no end though and has crushed the optimism i had from the back half of last season, such a special player and from what it looks like the club isn't going to do everything they possibly can to keep him which just sums the club up nowadays - bend over and take it.

I just don't see where we go without Suarez, we all want to go up right? now is the time to push on and build on what we have, not sell our main irreplacable asset.

Obviously hoping the last window is going to be the norm rather than the exception but can't help but feel its going to be the other way around, i like Rodgers a lot but fuck me if Suarez goes it makes his job harder than it already is.

If your excited about players that no-one has ever heard of getting bought for 3-4 million quid then good for you, im not, to be fair Eriksen who is vastly over-rated would still be our 2nd best midfielder so i wouldn't complain there but some of these nobodies getting linked is highly worrying and more alarm bells should be ringing with supporters, wheres our ambition gone? all i want is for us to be good again and ill be happy, thought this summer we would push on but i can't see how we can selling our best player.

Arsenal just manage to tread water selling their best players hanging on to their CL place by a thread, how are we going to move up 3-4 places in the league by doing the same?

If Suarez stays i'll take near on all of it back.

Why am i going to get banned? im not here to shout off and constantly abuse people like others here, i'll give some back if i get it first but im not really to arsed about it.

I've never been banned from here before but have read these forums in the past.

Dribble dribble slurp slurp...

You been in that cancer thread on the other forum yet wishing them all the worst of luck and reveling in it? you dribbling spastic.

Your the forum cunt, thats what you are regardless of what you tell yourself.

celta de vigo stayed up after a 1-0 win over espanyol. aspas with this assist.(poor defending)

Celta 1-0 Espanyol (Gol de Natxo Insa) LIGA BBVA - Vìdeo Dailymotion

watching celta's game today, i was amazed aspas had that many goals for that team, most of their attacking players couldnt pass properly.

they were 3 vs 1 on a couple of occasions but de lucas and krohn delli passed it straight to the defender . aspas was clear in the middle but never received the passes.

Edited by Jhinge Machha

Can I suggest £42 million plus Xabi Alonoso would be a decent bit of business?

Its what I just heard

I would take that any day if true. Having the maestro in the red shirt pulling the strings would be a dream come true, again. Alonso is worth 10 mil even at this stage of his career.

Why? If he wants out its best he does put in a request, waiving any 'loyalty' payments he may be due.

I suspect that this is as close to the real reason as any. If the club sell him he is entitled to ask for some payment to compensate him for terminating his contract early. If he puts is a transfer request he probably won't get anything.

Elvis has left the building. We are just going through the "negotiation" phase IMO.

I hope they sort it out very soon if he is to go so we don't end up with a last minute panic buy at a silly price.

It will be sad to lose him as I really enjoyed watching him play for us - even if he is a little bit Norman Bates.

Dear everyone,

One thing I find genuinely offensive is the widespread use of "Mong" which has infiltrated popular culture and with it this forum. It's shocking, especially when used by people in an attempt to be witty.

The word is "MONGOLOID"; at least inject some fucking gravitas when you're baiting someone who's backwards.

So no chance of Celta being relegated, on which our chance of getting Aspas hinges pretty much. Or could we still get him despite his valuation inevitably rising!

He has a buyout clause which stays at 10 million euros due to them avoiding the drop. If we meet it, which we have if you believe the reports, then it is down to the player if he wants to go. They have no money so they're not going to get much better than they are now for a while so I would think he's looking to move on.

watching celta's game today, i was amazed aspas had that many goals for that team, most of their attacking players couldnt pass properly.

they were 3 vs 1 on a couple of occasions but de lucas and krohn delli passed it straight to the defender . aspas was clear in the middle but never received the passes.

Was told by a regular La Liga watcher that it was only down to sheer incompetence that Aspas didn't have more assists. Apparently he's put at least 10 more goals on a plate for other players in his team that weren't finished.