You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who becomes vice captain ?

AquiMan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Make the question "who wears the armband when Gerrard is out" then.

It's just semantics.

The point is, if say, Agger is nominated VC and is then unfit when Gerrard is also not available, who's captain then and what's the point of having a nominated VC when he's not available?

As I said, if \ when Gerrard isnt available, you select the captain on the day (not VC) out of the 11 who are going to start. Just like in the old days.

As the scenario is infrequent, I dont see the point of a VC. jamie was VC in recognition of his long service and professionalism to the club.

Lucas is not a natural leader, and I don't like goalies or forwards as captain, so it's Agger but only by a process of elimination.

Beyond Gerrard and Carragher, we have a real shortage of leaders in the team.

this is true, and it's worrying. Who steps up?

Is anyone going to take any notice of Agger when he sports shitoos and a shit haircut? I wouldn't.

Enrique? Ladyboy.

Reina? Fat and depressed. A shaved Sarah Millican in a goalies outfit.

Lucas? Too much Richie Cunningham, not enough Fonz.

Suarez? Leads by example, but a tad mercurial, and not the calm head that you need to approach the referee who is about to brandish a card to one of our defenders after a rash/late tackle. Probably favourite though.

Johnson? Too much David Grant, not enough James Brown.

Skrtel? You rang?

Sterling? Sturridge? Borini? Shelvey? Henderson? Downing? See what I mean? I shudder to think what we will be like without Gerrard and Carragher.

I'd say Agger, as I think he's our next longest serving player. He'd need to be a bit cleverer with his leaning on officials though I think, he tends to go for the outright moaning and bitching technique. That only seems to work if you're a manc or an England "hero". A little bit of cuteness wouldn't go amiss. The type that gets the likes of Hibbert sent off...

I wonder if Glen Johnson could be groomed for the role? He could get away with more.

this is true, and it's worrying. Who steps up?

Is anyone going to take any notice of Agger when he sports shitoos and a shit haircut? I wouldn't.

Enrique? Ladyboy.

Reina? Fat and depressed. A shaved Sarah Millican in a goalies outfit.

Lucas? Too much Richie Cunningham, not enough Fonz.

Suarez? Leads by example, but a tad mercurial, and not the calm head that you need to approach the referee who is about to brandish a card to one of our defenders after a rash/late tackle. Probably favourite though.

Johnson? Too much David Grant, not enough James Brown.

Skrtel? You rang?

Sterling? Sturridge? Borini? Shelvey? Henderson? Downing? See what I mean? I shudder to think what we will be like without Gerrard and Carragher.

Very good that (apart from me not having any idea of who David Grant is).

We don't seem to be cursed with too many wasters or nobheads, but we've got a lot of "seems like a decent guy and a good pro" types and not a lot big characters.

I reckon I'd go for Agger though.