You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Phil Neville on Phillipe Coutinho :

“Yes, I think he’s good enough for Barcelona; he’s got the characteristics, the skill, the technique to fit in there, with their tiki-taka-type style,” Neville said on Sky Sport’s new show ‘The Debate’ on Wednesday night.

“But I think for a Jurgen Klopp side, and I saw it last season, did they miss him that much when he was out? I know he scored 14 goals.

“I think if they got £100 million, reinvested it, say bought Diego Costa, someone like that, I think that would give them a better chance of winning the league than probably having Coutinho in the side,” he added.

He's a fucking nob isnt he? I see sly sports also dragged that osman up from out the gutter to give his shit opinion an airing. Fucking tools the pair of them.

• Upvote 1

Apparently they are coming in with a third bid I really hope we fuck them off even if Countinho sulks about it. I'm sick of these cunts buying our players and effectively ruining the season , they've done it with Maschearano and then Suarez and both times the season has gone downhill fast. They click their fingers and think everyone wants to play for them well fuck them off we've won the European Cup more times than them so there.

Throw in Real Madrid with McManaman and Owen and that's four top players they've took of us so it's about time we stood up to these twats.

Don't forget alonso.
  • Upvote 1

That seems pretty definitive. I can still see Barca coming back in regardless with silly money. The pressure to make a signing with that money will be immense. Hopefully the club tell them where to go then as well.

Even these owners couldn't sell after making a statement like this!

Why an FSG statement instead of an LFC statement?

It's almost like they want to take credit for something this summer. 

Because tony barratt is head of fan liaison and clearly monitors social media. Everyone and his dog are going on about 'the owners' selling Coutinho, not the club.

Jesus wept.

• Upvote 5

Love when the BBC webpage have stories regarding the Coutinho transfer the comments section is continually opened up which is the equivalent to opening up the asylum to any prick with access to it.

Yet when the Mancs and their multi million pound Valley of the Giants squad assembled by the genius that is Long Ball Jose is outplayed by a Madrid side who didn't get out of second gear it's closed.

• Upvote 2

Love when the BBC webpage have stories regarding the Coutinho transfer the comments section is continually opened up which is the equivalent to opening up the asylum to any prick with access to it.

Yet when the Mancs and their multi million pound Valley of the Giants squad assembled by the genius that is Long Ball Jose is outplayed by a Madrid side who didn't get out of second gear it's closed.

Valley of the Giants and long ball jose made me chuckle.

No they wont, because FSG are shit, remember?

Still are a bit though aren't they.

PS. My opinion will completely change if they sign VVD and somehow manage to resurrect the Keita deal and get him signed this summer as well.

Then...

THEN...

They will be the greatest owners in the world...

Still are a bit though aren't they.

PS. My opinion will completely change if they sign VVD and somehow manage to resurrect the Keita deal and get him signed this summer as well.

Then...

THEN...

They will be the greatest owners in the world...

Despite what you may have read, Ive never said everything is fine and dandy under FSG. What I have said is things could be a lot worse. Unless you've a mansour owner handing out loads of cash to fund his latest vanity project, most  owners are pretty much on a par Id say.

Even abramovic has reeled his spending in of late and Im sure there's chelsea fans who now think their owner should be doing more.