You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Its not the owners fault, we spent 35 million on Carroll, 20 on downing, 15 and 16 on allen and Henderson respectively, those figures theres could have got us top class players like Cazorla, Mata, Falcoa etc. We're fucking clueless in the transfer market, genuinely embarrasing our negotiantions over the last few seasons.

It is their fault for hiring a middle man who couldn't negotiate piss from his cock. 4 player deal, 35 minus 15 million they're idiots. Now for January when we sign some jobbers with high expectations and slightly above average ability but with a potential resale value. Yippee.

Sahin needs to come in for Allen and Suso needs to be put back in the side, disgraceful performance, worst result and performance from us in the last 3 years and thats really saying something.

I've got to pull you up on this because quite frankly I don't agree. If we had that extra bit of spark in attack we would have won that game comfortably, I'm sure. Up until their goal it looked like we were going to win; then it was all about their game plan.

They obviously did their homework, we are indeed vulnerable on the break if we are chasing the game, but we are a developing side so you have to allow for some things to be worked through.

We played some lovely stuff, If we had the personnel we would have won the game.

I remember us losing away to Southampton a few years back when Crouch scored. We were abysmal that day with absolutely nothing to offer. THAT was a bad performance, this was not: it was a bad result.

Ticky-tacky is bollocks, what is wrong with good old fashioned go out and beat them?

Top class top waged players, get the ball in the box, get the ball in the net, what is wrong with that philosophy?

Too much time spent trying to be a team from the continent and not enough trying to be the team we are.

A footy player is exactly that, a footy player, you pass you tackle you shoot, what more is there?

Team talk should be as simple as, if you have the ball, pass it, if you dont have the ball, get into a position to take it, if you are in the box shoot.

Fucking sad day that we are beaten by villa at home without scoring a goal.

On the plus side, downing actually did alright for once.

Completely unacceptable result, blame for me is at the owners feet they've turned us into a mid table club. I don't want Rodgers out it would be pointless at this point I don't think he has what it takes to get us back were we want to be certainly not under this ownership.

The only small positive I can see here is that the owners won't be making excuses about not investing in January as they would be doing if we'd just scraped into the top 4 after this run of supposedly easier fixtures.

If we are miles off the pace and our squad keeps looking poor like today then they will be forced into getting some cash out for Brendan.

Mind you, what were you expecting when you saw that teamsheet today?

We're solid enough, despite the horrible bumming we got today, forget that. If we could attack with any meaningful intent then teams wouldn't be attacking with any real intent themselves, a la how they all fall apart at the Emirates, or Old Trafford, just too concerned about conceding. When they face us, they see that teamsheet with Shelvey, Downing, and even Gerrard on there, and they fancy their chances to score more than us.

I tell you, this club fell face first into a shit the day it started accepting mediocrity. Once it crept in then it spread like cancer.

Players like Downing, Henderson, Cole, should never have been bought for a start, but the more important aspect is that they are still with us, in the first team, some 18 months to two years after we know them to be fucking bottlers. We should have sold them for pittance, just cleared the deck, cut the rotting limb off, it would have been more than worth the pay-outs for us to move on.

Just what sort of message does it send when we continually play them, and Carroll, and don't drop Gerrard? "Oh aye, don't worry about the senior players not playing well or putting the effort it, would you like to sign up for us as well?"

"Yeah, you'll get in the team based on form and how well you train. Oh, I know they're shit, but they start games. Why? Don't you fucking worry about why, maybe you should youtube downing and gerrard and ask me why again son, that's fucking why"

"Clips from 2007? Fuck off Nuri/Oussama/Sebastian/Dani, you disrespectful cunts..."

When benitez left valencia they went downhill, left liverpool we have gone downhill and with that lost players we cant even imagine played for us once before.

It will take a long time to get back to the top just have to admit and accept we are a mid table club.Suarez will be gone next year would he want to play for a team that ends below 10th

Can't blame Suarez at all for leaving us if he does, it's looking increasingly pointless sticking around if we don't get this sorted, it's not his fault.

To top it all off, West Ham, without even playing, nudged back above us in the table on goal difference. The worst part is looking where we could've been (and how close to the top 4.) had we got 3 points.

edit : actually Spurs/West Brom might change what would've been a short gap from the top 4 once they play anyway.

Edited by Red Phoenix

The more we see of Allen the more i think what a total lightweight average at best footballer, him and Lucas should not start games together at home ever again.

Also amongst other things , fucked off the amount of times we have the opportunity to cross the ball into the box and choose not to , Suarez comes short nearly everytime a wideman has it meaning theres never any cunt in the box , just leave the wideman out there to do his job and get players running into the fucking box.

Just back from the game ;in haste.

First, don’t panic. It was a poor performance, but Rodgers will still have a few more of these as he settles into top flight management. In the battle of the new managers, Lambert won, his greater experience told. Villa had their tails up after the league cup win and believed they could win, we went into the game with complacency. Our passing game, without penetration, encouraged Villa to think they could get something out of the game, whereas we needed to demoralise them from the start and not allow them to settle. Lambert’s German style three at the back did well, and is a formation which we might do well to look at ourselves when you look at our current playing staff.

Psychologically our dependence upon Suarez to score is becoming a problem and one which will not be solved by the purchase of one new forward. We are allowing the opposition so much time to get back that anyone will find scoring difficult. Too much of our passing was slow and predictable. Rodgers needs more goal scoring from midfield. Gerrard’s consolation goal was welcome.

I think that Allen is a decent player, but the pressure of a second PL season and playing at a better club is taking its toll, shades of Steve Sidwell. He needs a break. Henderson, encouragingly, is improving. It looks like Tom Ince is increasingly likely to return in January, a move which KK may find pretty uncomfortable . We may as well go for Sturridge AND bent. 29 shots, 21 off target, tells its own sorry story. I hope Rodgers fines Suarez for geting booked for dissent in the last minute. Totally unnecessary, it changes nothing, and only serves to hasten his next suspension. Very unprofessional.

Johnson’s defensive indiscipline continues to cause jitters at the back, going forwards, as always, he was sound. Reina might have done better with a few of the goals, but of greater concern was his failure to martial the defence authoritatively . Lambert has dropped the equally experienced Given in favour of Guzan, I anticipate a little run for Brad Jones in the near future.

Benteke’s performance, a £7m buy, was a reminder of the folly of FSG’s £11m sweetheart deal for Borini.

But it was a bad result. That is all. There is still all to play for in the league, Rodgers will get better, and overall there is plenty to be optimistic about. Apart from the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea, the rest of the league is unusually average. There will be plenty more twists and turns.

Just back from the game ;in haste.

First, don’t panic. It was a poor performance, but Rodgers will still have a few more of these as he settles into top flight management. In the battle of the new managers, Lambert won, his greater experience told. Villa had their tails up after the league cup win and believed they could win, we went into the game with complacency. Our passing game, without penetration, encouraged Villa to think they could get something out of the game, whereas we needed to demoralise them from the start and not allow them to settle. Lambert’s German style three at the back did well, and is a formation which we might do well to look at ourselves when you look at our current playing staff.

Psychologically our dependence upon Suarez to score is becoming a problem and one which will not be solved by the purchase of one new forward. We are allowing the opposition so much time to get back that anyone will find scoring difficult. Too much of our passing was slow and predictable. Rodgers needs more goal scoring from midfield. Gerrard’s consolation goal was welcome.

I think that Allen is a decent player, but the pressure of a second PL season and playing at a better club is taking its toll, shades of Steve Sidwell. He needs a break. Henderson, encouragingly, is improving. It looks like Tom Ince is increasingly likely to return in January, a move which KK may find pretty uncomfortable . We may as well go for Sturridge AND bent. 29 shots, 21 off target, tells its own sorry story. I hope Rodgers fines Suarez for geting booked for dissent in the last minute. Totally unnecessary, it changes nothing, and only serves to hasten his next suspension. Very unprofessional.

Johnson’s defensive indiscipline continues to cause jitters at the back, going forwards, as always, he was sound. Reina might have done better with a few of the goals, but of greater concern was his failure to martial the defence authoritatively . Lambert has dropped the equally experienced Given in favour of Guzan, I anticipate a little run for Brad Jones in the near future.

Benteke’s performance, a £7m buy, was a reminder of the folly of FSG’s £11m sweetheart deal for Borini.

But it was a bad result. That is all. There is still all to play for in the league, Rodgers will get better, and overall there is plenty to be optimistic about. Apart from the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea, the rest of the league is unusually average. There will be plenty more twists and turns.

Some very good points in there.I think that Joe Allans honeymoon period is over, and he needs to buck his ideas up as the love in with him starts to fade.

The more we see of Allen the more i think what a total lightweight average at best footballer, him and Lucas should not start games together at home ever again.

Also amongst other things , fucked off the amount of times we have the opportunity to cross the ball into the box and choose not to , Suarez comes short nearly everytime a wideman has it meaning theres never any cunt in the box , just leave the wideman out there to do his job and get players running into the fucking box.

Two excellent points.

Lucas & Allen offer no goal threat whatsoever, and don't create many goals either.

we are far far too predictable, always trying to play neat passes(often struggling) there's no variety in our play whatsoever.

Could have easily been 3-0 to us after 20 minutes, and then Villa would be psychologically hindered, but, as usual we can't finish. In fact Shelvey not only can't finish in terms of scoring, but can't seem to finish his passages of play on a positive note. He is a useless passer of the ball if the pass has to be any longer than 2 yards. Ditto Allen, Stirling and even Gerrard seems to get more wrong than he gets right these days, while at the back, our defence seems mesmerised by any opposition play, prefering to stand around and wonder why our guys up front can't do the same tricks.

Take nothing away from Aston Villa; they defended well enough and took their few chances.

The spiral down continues; yes, in the grand scheme of things we are falling behind.

I see that people are going on about the need to add some attacking players in january, but we conceded 3 goals at home to villa today. The team is a shambles defensively. Why can't he sort that out? That back 5 is pretty good. It was good last season. Its hard to argue with people claiming that rodgers is looking more and more out of his depth. How many times does downing have to be caught out of position before he realises that playing a winger at left back is not a good idea? Why did Joe Allen play the full 90? He was awful and offers nothing in attack. Why is Shelvey starting on the left wing? Why does he never play Sahin or Assaidi, 2 of his own signings? I genuinely can't remember a worse performance at anfield.

Why does he never play Sahin or Assaidi, 2 of his own signings?

If ever there was a question to ask Rodgers, it's that.

If I was John Henry, I'd be asking that this evening. Actually I'd phone about 3am our time, get the fucker out of bed and make him answer it.

There's some really bizarre personnel decisions being made and they don't seem based on performance or form, which begs the question, what is the fucking criteria by which he selects players?

Coates on the bench today, but one of three centre backs on the bench?

Joe Cole yet again, where the fuck is Morgan, or Pacheco, or Assaidi?

When the bell tolls on his career at this club, he's going to have a hard job blaming anyone else but himself.