You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Not really!

Quaresma, Maniche where both loan signings for Chelsea when they were winning the league.

As long as that isn't the sum total (which all indications suggest it isn't) - makes sense.

Problem is you made end up with a guy like Sahin, lot of talent but does not quite fit into your team.

Problem is you made end up with a guy like Sahin, lot of talent but does not quite fit into your team.

That is a point!

Although you can give them back at the end of the year! Unlike, Downing, Cole etc.

January is a good time as you only pay for a few months then you can give them back.

That is a point!

Although you can give them back at the end of the year! Unlike, Downing, Cole etc.

January is a good time as you only pay for a few months then you can give them back.

Very true, but then they would not have have helped you in any shape or form.

We've been told and witnessed time and time again that new signings from abroad need to be climatized to the pace and physicality of the Premier League, which is of no use if you are at the club for 5 months (Jan to May).

Therefore I can only imagine we are going to look for Premier League players to be loaned out to us, that will be able to hit the ground running sort of speak.

Unfortunately, we've been down that road before.

If we could have Bent on January 1st on loan with an option to buy in the summer and then try to get another forward like Sturridge and ideally a defensive midfielder, I think we'll be challenging for a spot in Europe.

But it's hard to be optimistic with Ayre and FSG. They will leave all the business in the last week of the window and then try to get a bargain and expose the manager to the weaknesses of the squad.

One injury or a 3 match ban from a red card for Suarez and it's game over for Rodgers and his fellows. That's how crucial it is to get at least one striker early in January.

I keep seeing the same three names, Bent, Sturridge, Walcott.

It's fucking depressing, stop it.

Walcott isn't getting sold this January, end of.

I don't think Chelsea, and Rafa, would want to lose Sturridge considering the form of Torres.

Bent? Like Villa are going to do him, or us, any favours. Anything over £3m and I'd drop it.

We have Borini coming back, all we need in the meantime is someone in on loan to do a job for 5 months. I can see Rossi or Pazzini as likely loan options. Shame that we didnt go back in for Castaignos before he signed for Twente in the summer for fuck all.

I keep seeing the same three names' date=' Bent, Sturridge, Walcott.

It's fucking depressing, stop it.

Walcott isn't getting sold this January, end of.

I don't think Chelsea, and Rafa, would want to lose Sturridge considering the form of Torres.

Bent? Like Villa are going to do him, or us, any favours. Anything over £3m and I'd drop it.

We have Borini coming back, all we need in the meantime is someone in on loan to do a job for 5 months. I can see Rossi or Pazzini as likely loan options. Shame that we didnt go back in for Castaignos before he signed for Twente in the summer for fuck all.[/quote']

Rossi is out injured till march at the earliest

Sorry but I don't agree.

Suarez has created the vast majority of goals himself, a damning indictement of our midfield. Will Bent be able to do the same?

I doubt it.

Bent can outpace most defenders, Suarez cant, so that will give us something we dont have at the moment because Sterling is too raw and his decision making and finishing is not always the best.

Suarez will also create chances for Bent and will not have to be both the creator and scorer of our goals.

• Upvote 1

Carroll - striker not replaced, big mistake

Maxi - Assaidi

Kuyt - Borini

Adam - Allen

Bellamy - Sterling

Aquilani - Sahin

I feel we have replaced 5 out of 6 players. And others are coming through - Suso and Wisdom, for example, didn't feature before this season.

The glaring omission is obviously the striker. Add Walcott (or whoever) and hopefully we will start to look better. Ideally we get two forward options. I'd be happy with Bent on loan and Walcott on a permanent deal.

More Brit players?

For the love of God no!

(ok these are tried and tested Brits but the mere thought of spending money on another Brit player makes my arsehole pucker up tighter than FSG's wallet!)

Again you are comparing a World Cup Golden Ball with a player who has been misfiring as of late and cant get into a Villa side that needs goals.

Hmm....

I think you are clutching at straws here dude.

I wonder what were Carroll stats were like before he joined us.

A bit of Devils Advocate here but Tevez and especially Mascherano were picking splinters out of their arse at West Ham.

A bit of Devils Advocate here but Tevez and especially Mascherano were picking splinters out of their arse at West Ham.

I think that's more a testament to Alan 'cheers for the eight year pension plan you fucking idiot Ashley' Pardew' being a fucking idiot who didn't know how lucky he was to have 'legally' obtained the services of two world class talents!