You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

On 15/05/2020 at 16:45, Section_31 said:

Lest we not forget that the party which claimed to be opposed to Brexit to its core, decided to force an election knowing it would never win enough MPs to stop it, but instead just take advantage of its rep as the only anti Brexit party to get some more seats. 

Had they not done so, Johnson who was on the ropes would have probably given way to a government of national unity made up of non Tory parties that could have called a second referendum.

NOT that that would have been a good idea IMO, but it shows the short termist and self centred politics at play, betrayal of what the party claimed to be fighting for in the hopes of getting a half dozen more MPs in Devon and Cornwall.

The votes they attracted in other parts of the country also handed labour seats to tories. So a double whammy.

When you think of whats happened early this year that December Election looks like even more of an abomination. 

A government of national unity would have been miles better than whats in charge now. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Has there ever been a Lib Dem who told the truth? 

Pre Clegg Lib Dems seemed pretty sound. I liked Ashdown and Kennedy, quite liked Cable back then, plus they did a good job in Liverpool looking back.

But then it all went wrong...

danny.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/a_very_english_scandal

Back on bbc I player tonight. Fucking brilliant. I know the beeb got a 100 problems but this ain't one. 

Although you may watch with jaw wide open I did end up feeling more sympathetic for old Jeremy and his plot to murder a homosexual ex lover than the current bunch of lib dem cunts like Clegg and Swinson. 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I didn't realise that they've still not picked a leader yet until I saw it in the news earlier. How on earth is it taking this long?! 

Its up there with George R R Martin writing Winds of Winter or the new GTA to come out! 

I wonder if they made a conscious decision to stay on the down low until the stench of  the Tories and Swinson dissipates.  I wouldn't be surprised if announcing a new leader also signals a relaunch of the party, the problem for them is people have long memories and don't forgive such terrible actions and consequences easily.