You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

37 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I didn't realise that they've still not picked a leader yet until I saw it in the news earlier. How on earth is it taking this long?! 

Its up there with George R R Martin writing Winds of Winter or the new GTA to come out! 

The election process is shorter than the Labour leadership election was.

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

The election process is shorter than the Labour leadership election was.

You are always very selective , when you have been proved wrong you ignore it then you pontificate when you think you 'know more'. I've never seen you and boris johnson i the same room so I will assume. 

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Irrelevant ? Localised ? Treated as a joke ? 

Cant think who they remind me of

Maybe you meant ' Lib Dems aren't we '

You don’t have to be relevant to be relevant cause they are relevant. 

Ive not been keeping up with it but I think there’s a big choice here for Lib Dems. Ed Davey will be as popular as pig shit. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Should do proportional representation really so Ed does it about 60% of the time and Layla does the rest. 

As Eds nickname among some activists is mr 6% I think they'd be better off if Ed did just did the 6.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/27/ed-daveys-first-job-is-to-heal-divisions-in-lib-dem-membership

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

If they do want to break away from the association with the coalition it might be an idea to pick a leader who wasn't part of it. 

That's my point. I dont know why they were not brave enough to go for the lady, she would've been the breath of fresh air they needed. 

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

If they do want to break away from the association with the coalition it might be an idea to pick a leader who wasn't part of it. 

Even though they piss me off, I find it baffling how people still stick the boot into them for going into coalition with the tories 10 years ago, but nobody seems to give the tories much shit for being the actual tories. They've won three elections since then, and two majorities, the last one their biggest in decades.

"Fucking hate the lib dems, Tory enablers!!!'

Oh, who do you vote for?

"BORIS!" 

Or

"I don't vote, they're all the same.'