You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's you biggest regret in life?

brucespanner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's not being old enough to convincingly pull off wearing a cravat.

Fucking rankles me it does.

Yours?

That's not a regret..that's something to look forward to...if you like that kind of thing

I think I'll pass, thanks

I was seeing some dirty cow in Grimsby years ago. Nothing serious, just a weekend shag. I knew her and her housemate had gone two's up with a couple of blokes and one night in bed she asked me what I'd like to do more than anything. My reply was to go and get her housemate from downstairs to join us. She said that she really liked me and that if we did that she wouldn't be able to see me any more. I relented like a nob and decided to be nice.

Bugger.

Two weeks before I was set to start college for the first my dad died. I was a wreck and going to college was the last thing on my mind. The following year was shit to put it lightly. I had to see a support worker, rarely left the house and cut off all contact with my friends.

When I was finally ready to turn my life around I felt like the bond I had with my friends was gone and we were different people. I still found social situations awkward and all the hard work I went through to sort my life out felt like a waste because I felt I had no friends and the ones that I did still have were getting ready to go to uni.

So my biggest regret would be not forcing myself out of bed and going into college that morning. No matter how shit I felt I should have gone. I would probably have avoided 18 months of shit.

Everything is good now and I try not to dwell on it, but that's my only regret in life.

Two weeks before I was set to start college for the first my dad died. I was a wreck and going to college was the last thing on my mind. The following year was shit to put it lightly. I had to see a support worker, rarely left the house and cut off all contact with my friends.

When I was finally ready to turn my life around I felt like the bond I had with my friends was gone and we were different people. I still found social situations awkward and all the hard work I went through to sort my life out felt like a waste because I felt I had no friends and the ones that I did still have were getting ready to go to uni.

So my biggest regret would be not forcing myself out of bed and going into college that morning. No matter how shit I felt I should have gone. I would probably have avoided 18 months of shit.

Everything is good now and I try not to dwell on it, but that's my only regret in life.

you win.

I genuinely can't think of any. I'm reasonably happy where I am and all roads led here. For example, I got a third in my degree because I chose the wrong course to do - that would normally be a regret, but I met my best mates on that degree and we still see each other every week, go on holidays together etc, so it's rough with the smooth isn't it?

From a young age I tried to live my life as though I was looking back on it in the future and asking what I would and wouldn't regret and that's influenced the way I've behaved toward people. So I've always, for instance, been good to the people in my life who I've loved because I knew that one day they may not be there, so when they have gone, I've had no regrets in the way I acted towards them and knew that I did right by them.

There are things I wish I had, like a nice girl etc, but that's largely outside my control. You can't 'choose' to meet and get on with the girl of your dreams and even if you do, you can't make her like you. You should only regret the things you have control over and chose not to act on.

Guest ShoePiss

Might appear a little smug but I don't regret anything, all actions have probably indirectly led to the last two weeks where I got married and had my honeymoon in Mexico, I wouldn't change anything. Time of my life.

My first thought was not picking the right course in college, but I went for the interview, and was told I was more suited to something else. At that age too, I didn't really know anyway. Who's to say had I gone onto the graphic design course then that I would be enjoying it as much as I am now?

Instead I went onto 3D design, barely passed, and am only just going to uni now to do a degree in graphic design at 22. Only a few years have gone by but I've spent them learning the basics and it put me well ahead going through college and made that a much easier experience.

I will only know if it was a mistake once I've done the degree and all these young punks are getting the jobs ahead of me.