You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

One big piss take ....

Whats the point of even playing football if its the officials that decide the games.

Agree with that, the officials are totally ruining the PL, it's a farce.

Fans need to start voting with their feet and boycott United visits to their grounds, honestly, what's the point.

Step 1 to cleaning the game up: take the fucking telephone away from the refs face or broadcast what is being said.

Referees may feel persecuted, but they are their own worst enemies by their conduct post match and the instance they don't need any further technological help. Fine lads, if you're so fucking ace at refereeing on your own then you won't mind explaining why you pick and choose when to apply the laws of the game? Fucking chancers, get rid of them all and promote the Championship referees, I'm utterly sick of this sideshow. It struck a chord with me seeing that bluenose lad in the crowd today waving a homemade red card. What th fuck? He may as well have a replica refs top on with Marriner on the back. Loads of kids in the playgrounds swapping football stickers of refs, "Webb, got, Riley got, Jones need, Halsey need".

So if a ball was played over the top and the striker was ten yards away from the ball, the keeper was 5yards way and the last defender brought down the striker, would this be a red card?

It really has got to be deemed a goal scoring opportunity. Sterling's clearly wasn't. He wouln't have got anywhere near the ball.

Agree with that, the officials are totally ruining the PL, it's a farce.

Fans need to start voting with their feet and boycott United visits to their grounds, honestly, what's the point.

Step 1 to cleaning the game up: take the fucking telephone away from the refs face or broadcast what is being said.

Referees may feel persecuted, but they are their own worst enemies by their conduct post match and the instance they don't need any further technological help. Fine lads, if you're so fucking ace at refereeing on your own then you won't mind explaining why you pick and choose when to apply the laws of the game? Fucking chancers, get rid of them all and promote the Championship referees, I'm utterly sick of this sideshow. It struck a chord with me seeing that bluenose lad in the crowd today waving a homemade red card. What th fuck? He may as well have a replica refs top on with Marriner on the back. Loads of kids in the playgrounds swapping football stickers of refs, "Webb, got, Riley got, Jones need, Halsey need".

I agree with the essence of your point but this bit in bold will never happen. Manchester United is the biggest game of the season for most, if not all, clubs in the league. I wouldn't know where to look but i would be willing to bet almost every team sells out its home game to united, they are the harlem globetrotters of the premier league after all.

So if a ball was played over the top and the striker was ten yards away from the ball, the keeper was 5yards way and the last defender brought down the striker, would this be a red card?

It depends on the situation, but I have never seen anyone sent off who fouled someone who didn't have control of the ball. I'd compare it with the situation with Carra and Owen when we played the mancs a few years ago.

Does anyone know how refs are rated on performance?

I've heard about this referee assessor that's at every game, but don't have a fucking clue how he scores/rates the ref and who this assessor is, or what credentials they have.

If this "rating" became public after every match, would this make any difference?

I bet you there's a correlation between United losses and bad refereeing marks by he assessor.

It mortifies me that no journalists want to run with this. I guess you dont bite the hand that feeds you. It's so similar to how cunts circle around Local Governments when grant money is available. Nobody's Interested in doing a 'good' job, everyone's just grabbed a number and got in line.

just seen that hernadez and johnny evans interview - absolute disgrace.

Hernandez gave a little gay chuckle. when evans said torres actually kicked him

horrible horrible cheating cunts, they're evan rubbing people noses in it

They're Man United, they do what they want.

Second accumulator of the weekend about to come in. Not sure how much I'll win on this one as betfred does not show the odds after you've placed the bet and I cant remeber what the odds where. This one was an 8 game bet...

Newcastle

Tottenham

Rangers

Atletico Madrid

P.S.G.

Napoli

Juve

Real Madrid

Will find out how much I've won one the real game finishes. Won £420 yesterday.

Having just watched the highlights of the Soton V Spurs match on MOTD, I'd just like to say I fucking despise everything about Gareth Bale.

Don't get me wrong, I think the lad is a cracking player and I'd love to have somebody of his ilk in our side, but fuck me, the way people go on, it's as if he's the only person ever to be left footed and quick like shit off a shovel.

Maicon, for instance. The lad has been one of the best full backs in the game the past decade, but if you listened to the Beeb and ITV, you'd think the only two games he ever played in his career were against Spurs when Bale (to be fair to him) was absolutely outstanding in both.

Everything about him is being lauded as though he's reinventing the wheel. The fact that he plays for that club who are famed, despite doing so little in the game doesn't help matters. Proper Tottenham player actually, itd be fair to say. Great left foot, quick as fuck, scored some great goals; but world class? To the extent of Ronaldo and Messi? Seriously?

I just wish the vacuous Derek Zoolander gobshite would just fuck off or at least fucking inspire his team to win something, like proper world class players do.

Why watch MOTD?

It's Boca vs River on Premier Sports now, freebie weekend.

Bale's a very good player, but I agree, well overrated. Like a less shit Darren Anderton.

I get the impression that the Beeb and Sky are trying to flog a dead horse. You can't charge the earth and deliver bland shit, and I think the tide will turn ov the next two years. People want to see sport, and that usually demands that the league be in some way competitive and of quality. They're trying to serve us spam and telling us it's steak. There's nothing sustainable about any of it, and the 'quality' is very superficial. Drill down a level and it's full of holes, from youth upwards.

Why watch MOTD?

It's Boca vs River on Premier Sports now, freebie weekend.

Bale's a very good player, but I agree, well overrated. Like a less shit Darren Anderton.

I get the impression that the Beeb and Sky are trying to flog a dead horse. You can't charge the earth and deliver bland shit, and I think the tide will turn ov the next two years. People want to see sport, and that usually demands that the league be in some way competitive and of quality. They're trying to serve us spam and telling us it's steak. There's nothing sustainable about any of it, and the 'quality' is very superficial. Drill down a level and it's full of holes, from youth upwards.

Because some of us have work in the morning. We can't all stay up until silly o'clock to watch a Buenos Aires derby.

MOTD's point of view:

"You've got to give him(the linesman) the benefit of the doubt" for United's goal.

"You've got to give him(the linesman) the benefit of the doubt" for Everton's throw in that lead to their goal and which should be ours.

on Liverpool's disallowed goal? *silence*...."perhaps Gerrard went down a bit softly"

and so the story goes... that's not Journalism any more. The English Calciopolis ring has infiltrated deep in the media too.

I used to have some sympathy for Stoke - using what little they had to maximum effect' date=' on the assumption that they'd actually AIM to play decent football once they'd established themselves in the Prem. That never happened.

They must be just about the worst team in the PL (and quite possibly Championship) for crap football. I wouldn't mind, but I've actually seen them put together some good performances where they HAVE played a bit of football, only to revert to type time and again.

When teams like Norwich, Swansea, Southampton and Wigan can try to make a football effort, Stoke have no excuse.[/quote']

Stoke, simply, need to fucking go down. They NEED it. That twat Tony Pulis, then, needs to guide them down AGAIN... so he gets sacked, and they hire a manager who wants to try to play the game they're suppose to be playing.