You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who at LFC do you think are future manager greats?

I have doubts about Carra's ability to remain calm under pressure. He's made a habit of reacting badly to certain situations on the pitch (coin throwing, shouting at fans etc). Maybe things are different when you're not in the thick of the action but that doubt certainly exists for me.

None of them

I can't see Carra getting by at the top level.Screaming at players from the touch line only works so long and my biggest issue with him ever managing us is the fact he has said a few times about local and british players should be in the academies etc.

He is a good leader on the pitch but not off the pitch for me.

Guest TK-421
Sami, well he's not here anymore, but that was not that long ago.

Should he do well for Leverkusen, he should and will be a natural option for us.

With his reading of the game he should make a great manager, if the other skills are there.

I am sure Alonso will manage us one day.

He would be my favourite as well, though he obviously isn't in the current squad.

Carra can make a great assistant manager, but I don't think he has what it takes analytically to become a top top manager which is what I am now foolishly assuming it will take to manage us.

As for the Agger shout, no way on earth. He has said in the past that he takes no joy from watching football and doesn't really care for it other than playing.

I reckon ex top pros as managers will be a real rarity. They'd have to have a real passion for the game. Only one who seems to display that is Carra. How good he'd be, I'm not sure. He's learned from some very good managers though, especially regarding the tactical side of the game, and not just motivators.