You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

It's where you wished the story hadn't leaked because we are going to end up with day after day of twitter wankers just making things up and fans getting excited or outraged based upon the lies of a nobody.  My own opinion FSG will struggle to sell at the value we are being told and will end up clinging on but with a fanbase that knows they want out.

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's where you wished the story hadn't leaked because we are going to end up with day after day of twitter wankers just making things up and fans getting excited or outraged based upon the lies of a nobody.  My own opinion FSG will struggle to sell at the value we are being told and will end up clinging on but with a fanbase that knows they want out.

My hope is that it was deliberately leaked and so it won't be long and drawn out. The fact that it came from Ornstein and was promptly followed by a press release and an article from the Boston Globe gives some further hope. 

To their credit they have never conducted business in public and I don't see it is in anyone elses interest to leak it. So would hope, based on how professional FSG usually are, that any serious investors have signed non disclosure agreements and this is just their way of dropping feed it out so it doesn't come as a complete shock when they make an announcement. 

Possibly the suggestion that Gordon wanted it to come out after the Southampton game could mean that things are moving quickly behind the scenes. 

I cannot imagine Jurgen will be too happy for it to rumble on either. While it's not as bad as the EFL being announced on the eve of a huge game at Leeds I can well imagine Jurgen doesn't really want his press conferences over the next few months dominated by questions over investment and more pointedly whether he would stay if Qatar or Dubai investors arrived. Not a great discussion to ever be happening, especially when we are probably trying to convince players behind the scenes to turn down competitors and come here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

My hope is that it was deliberately leaked and so it won't be long and drawn out. The fact that it came from Ornstein and was promptly followed by a press release and an article from the Boston Globe gives some further hope. 

To their credit they have never conducted business in public and I don't see it is in anyone elses interest to leak it. So would hope, based on how professional FSG usually are, that any serious investors have signed non disclosure agreements and this is just their way of dropping feed it out so it doesn't come as a complete shock when they make an announcement. 

Possibly the suggestion that Gordon wanted it to come out after the Southampton game could mean that things are moving quickly behind the scenes. 

I cannot imagine Jurgen will be too happy for it to rumble on either. While it's not as bad as the EFL being announced on the eve of a huge game at Leeds I can well imagine Jurgen doesn't really want his press conferences over the next few months dominated by questions over investment and more pointedly whether he would stay if Qatar or Dubai investors arrived. Not a great discussion to ever be happening, especially when we are probably trying to convince players behind the scenes to turn down competitors and come here.

Perhaps a deal is even closer than we all think, hence klopp signing an extension, Mo to, and also all the bellingham links.... 

Hopefully anyway

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Ornstein has said it could take a couple of years to sell and Ratcliffe the manc says ligue 1 holds more value than liverpool.

Thats about right for FSG. Two years of no spending when we really need it 

7 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

This is the reason they've been shit owners. The sale obviously raises the question of 'be careful what you wish for' but people are on here watching us get valued at $4.5bn and should remember the number of seasons we called quits on because the owners wouldn't spend a measly $50m more. 

If the owners had spent 250m more under Klopp (less than 100m per year), we would have two more titles and another champions league IMO. And they'd still end up making just shy 4bn in profit when we are sold.

@Scott_M thoughts about this? 

14 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

That account definitely gets a lot of information right. Worth following. 

The one to really watch is @KopWorld who the official LFC account follows(!) but rarely posts, and when they do they also seem to be posting information which often gets reported a few days or weeks later by the likes of Joyce, Pearce, Jones etc

This KopWorld posted about the owners looking for a sale on October 30th, 7 days before David Ornstein broke it on the Athletic. They also posted something about Bellingham a few days ago and I noticed the reliable German journo's all posted the same story yesterday. 

The official LFC account follows me as well mate and I've not tweeted a thing in my life haha

The Athletic are saying some bloke who owns some of Atalanta and Boston Celtics is a serious contender. Another FSG by the looks of it. Don’t see the sense in another American group spending so much money to buy the club when the cost of keeping us competitive will soon start to eat in to any future profits. No one will ever get the return that FSG are getting.

39 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

The Athletic are saying some bloke who owns some of Atalanta and Boston Celtics is a serious contender. Another FSG by the looks of it. Don’t see the sense in another American group spending so much money to buy the club when the cost of keeping us competitive will soon start to eat in to any future profits. No one will ever get the return that FSG are getting.

They might be content with the returns the Glazers are getting.

• Like 1