You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I do find it strange that Rafa still lives on the Wirral and hasn't taken another job abroad. I know his family love it here but he is a football manager and I would have thought he would want to be working even if it is at a small club back in Spain. He does have a somewhat tarnished reputation, justified or not and I would have expected him to have turned up a smaller Spanish side. Yet he remains on Merseyside. Strange

I think the opposite actually. I'm surprised so few managers take time off like Benitez and Guardiola have (albeit with different reputations and circumstances). They're seriously rich, so why not have a year off and just do what you want for a bit?

All this Rafa on Monday talk is just taking the piss. If the yanks sack Kenny and hire Rafa, Monday or whenever, there'll be a civil war amongst supporters and we'll be fodder for the fecking Championship by March next.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
All this Rafa on Monday talk is just taking the piss. If the yanks sack Kenny and hire Rafa, Monday or whenever, there'll be a civil war amongst supporters and we'll be fodder for the fecking Championship by March next.

Well, there has been a civil war since about 2007. Rafa coming back wouldn't fix it, but it doesn't mean we'd be going to the wall. Coherence all stems from performances on the pitch. If we're back playing good football, scoring goals, winning games, back in the top tiers of English football, nobody really cares who the manager is. Well, bar from a few mentalists.

- This pisses me off, that the first trophy we win in 6 years is dismissed as it was a lower league team in the final. Do we just ignore all the away games, chelsea, stoke & potential league champions defeated en route?

We won one trophy, should have won a second and suffered incredible bad luck this season. I look forward to next season, with the King.

Should have won a second? As if. We got beat by a better team who played better in the day. And the Carling Cup isn't any measure of success.

As for Kenny. Yeah, I wouldn't sack him. But if we have another league season like this one, he should be fired; we're Liverpool not a fucking charity or museum.

Win trophies. That's all I care about, and I care about Liverpool winning far more than I care about Kenny Dalglish.

I've used the MF plenty of times before, Madge. I've subscribed three times. The main differences are the people are willing to debate without just telling others to 'fuck off, you cunt'. There's no 'this thread is so shit' x100. Gold members have different attitudes in the MF to the GF.

Fuck off you cunt.

What?! It's allowed here.

Should have won a second? As if. We got beat by a better team who played better in the day. And the Carling Cup isn't any measure of success.

As for Kenny. Yeah, I wouldn't sack him. But if we have another league season like this one, he should be fired; we're Liverpool not a fucking charity or museum.

Win trophies. That's all I care about, and I care about Liverpool winning far more than I care about Kenny Dalglish.

Agree with this, although i believe if they have their choice lined up and he is of the calibre to manage Liverpool and with a record of winning major trophies in the last ten years, then i think they should act. There is no room for sentimentality. Just ask st John when Shanks booted him out the door.

If Kenny goes he goes, il feel bad for him because he's a legend and always will be, my idol when i grew up. But if the owners are serious about getting back to the very top and will back their choice to the hilt, then thats all we as fans should want.

Please remember lads, if Kenny is moved on by the owners, this does not mean we go all out acting like cocks calling them names. its not us against them and this is not like the last ownership. Give them time and judge by their decisions once they have played out.

Kenny will still be here, just in a different role.

It wont be because of resuts or lack of, more to do with the Suarez affair and the handling of.

Suarez is probably gone too.

Chartered Trust arent happy they received considerable grief at their AGM meeting about financing our club and FSG are keen to clean the decks of all involved to appease the and any other sponsors who may be watching.

All will become more clear on Monday.

Kenny will still be here, just in a different role.

It wont be because of resuts or lack of, more to do with the Suarez affair and the handling of.

Suarez is probably gone too.

Chartered Trust arent happy they received considerable grief at their AGM meeting about financing our club and FSG are keen to clean the decks of all involved to appease the and any other sponsors who may be watching.

All will become more clear on Monday.

Well if fsg sacked a manager because the shirt sponsor got uppety then fuck FSG. Does any other club or city do rumors like Liverpool.

Guest ShoePiss
Sorry but this post is all wrong.

You dont give a fuck about the league championship anymore? What? That is so pessimistic especially when the owners have only been in place for over 12 months. I think we should wait and see how much we spend this summer and then start pointing the finger. If we dont spend and the stadium issue isnt sorted by this time next season then I would then start considering questioning them. Give them a fucking chance. We have seen by the recent club finances that they had to fork out and pay for the old stadium plans so maybe this is why we never strengthened in January. You cant blame them. Even though everyone was happy an owner come in with a good plans and a project for the club I get the impression people just want a sugar daddy. Its not our style.

They had to make a decision on the stadium and I personally think it was the right decision.

Your outlook on Dalglish is the same as most of us over a certain age. He is idolised and always will be to most of us but this is one of the reasons why the owners were hesitant of making him the manager in the first place. He will always have a massive amount of affection by all of us.

I was fucking made up with Dalglish when he got the job and I am still made up we have him as our manager to a point but I honestly dont think at all he is the long term solution. If the owners have a project long term I think they will want someone younger to take the reigns and I think if soemone is available in the summer they will make that decision. It may upset some fans but I really dont think it will stop them.

Whe you say you dont care were we finish as long as he stays is totally wrong. We need to think more about our club both short and long term and not just be idolising individuals.

Dalglish will always be loved by all of us and IF he goes it will be horrible to see but I personally think it might be the best solution if we need to move forward.

And you mention that cunts are calling him names? Havent seen any of that?

It's not all wrong. It's an honest description of my feelings. Our title chances hinge on FFP being effective, I don't have any confidence in that and don't see how we can overcome the spending power of City and Chelsea.

What do you know about building a winning team? Win trophies you say? And what will you contribute to achive that? Sack the manager every other year?

Why dont you start supporting the team and the manager like supporters do. Twat

Wish people would stop using this "sentiment" line. It's not that. It's the fact that we've played some decent football this year, won a cup, lost in the final of another, he needs to be allowed a chance to have another summer and another season with the players he brought in. It's got fuck all to do with sentiment, it's just common sense.

And while we're at it, can people stop bringing up Hodgson, it's absolutely not the same. Hodgson was a whopper who didn't defend his own players and said that results like draws away to Birmingham were decent results. He had a small-time mentality, Kenny's all about the club. Sick of these two lines.

If you want Kenny to go, fine, I can understand that people are unnerved by the transfer issues and fear that something similar could set us back even further, I get that, but it's got nothing to do with sentiment wanting him to stay another year.