You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You've got to give Kenny the chance to give this team an identity

Antynwa

It's not just sentimentality though is it? It's about how we played last season, how we played for a large part of this season (results were always great but we did play fairly well), the performances in the cups and the big games, the fact that he's only started to put together his squad (admittedly, some of the players look shit).

We can't just go about changing this that and the other every year or so. Kenny needs another season but things certianly need to improve.

It's not about sentimentality or anybody deserving anything.

AVB fits the bill perfectly. Young successful, driven at a low ebb. I honestly don't think what happened to him at Chelsea is a fair representation of his ability. Move Kenny upstairs bring him in work together. The only other realistic top candidate would be Capello. I am not particularly a fan of his defensive tactics doesn't see a good fit.

After that you are looking at people who we have no chance of getting like Mourinho or second rate like Ranieri and Erikson. Then there is Rafa who I am fucked if I can decide would be a good idea.

No for me I would get AVB in and build.

There will be some big changes in the premier league over the next 5 years or so. we should be getting organized now.

I think he maybe Roma bound.

Not sure Dicko, apparently Luis Emmerick is waiting to decide upon another year, it sounds as though he is emulating Pep. I don't think Roma want rid of him, so if we can move in now then we would have a chance.

AVB fits the bill perfectly. Young successful, driven at a low ebb. I honestly don't think what happened to him at Chelsea is a fair representation of his ability. Move Kenny upstairs bring him in work together. The only other realistic top candidate would be Capello. I am not particularly a fan of his defensive tactics doesn't see a good fit.

After that you are looking at people who we have no chance of getting like Mourinho or second rate like Ranieri and Erikson. Then there is Rafa who I am fucked if I can decide would be a good idea.

There will be some big changes in the premier league over the next 5 years or so. we should be getting organized now.

What does that even mean?

And what has AVB done to make you so sure that his miserable Chelsea experience wasn't as representative as his equally short Porto one?

Is it because he's young?

I missed out a comma. He is IMO a driven individual who finds himself at a low ebb with something to prove. We are no going to get a Mourinho to come in and sweep the board with millions behind them. It is going to take a guy who whilst not in line for one of the top jobs in Europe has the potential to succeed and if you like use us a stage to eventually fuck off to Barca or Real. AVB fits that bill for me.

André Villas-Boas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second team to win a Portuguese League Championship unbeaten, following Benfica in 1972–73, and the first in the twenty-first century.

Club record for the most matches across all competitions unbeaten (36). This winning streak was begun by the previous coach of Porto, Jesualdo Ferreira. The previous record, 33 matches, was held by José Mourinho.[30]

Most wins in Europe in one season by a Portuguese club (14).

Avb has totally got what it takes to be a top manager, IMO. His attention to detail is enormous and he has a very clear vision of how he wants his teams to play. We'd be lucky to get him if we find ourselves with a managerial vacancy.

Is Kenny removed? Has he stepped down?

Talking about other managers while Kennys is our manager must be the lowest of the low. It makes you no better than Hicks and Gillett. What are you? A manc?

Is Kenny removed? Has he stepped down?

Talking about other managers while Kennys is our manager must be the lowest of the low. It makes you no better than Hicks and Gillett. What are you? A manc?

Go join RAWK you massive belwhiff. It's a hypothetical discussion. This is entirely the problem our fanbase has.

Is it now against tlw to even speculate. Kenny is not LFC. He has done more than any other person alive for this club and it's fans but when you take the managers job you live and die by the results as the man himself has so often said

''but at the end of the day, as we keep saying, we will add up the points at the end of the season and see where we are.'

It's where we are I am afraid.

It's not just sentimentality though is it? It's about how we played last season, how we played for a large part of this season (results were always great but we did play fairly well), the performances in the cups and the big games, the fact that he's only started to put together his squad (admittedly, some of the players look shit).

We can't just go about changing this that and the other every year or so. Kenny needs another season but things certianly need to improve.

It's not about sentimentality or anybody deserving anything.

I thought the watermark had been set at Three years - you know, "If they don't win it in three years they never will" clause that aws trotted out time and time again.

Avb, klopp, Bielsa, Capello, Guardiola, Carragher are the only people I'd consider if Kenny steps down. I hope he doesn't though.

Carragher? As much as I love him as a player I don't think he'll crack the top echelons of Management. I think he'd be too "English" to succeed.

Bear in mind I have no fuckin idea what I'm talking about though.

Go join RAWK you massive belwhiff. It's a hypothetical discussion. This is entirely the problem our fanbase has.

Is it now against tlw to even speculate. Kenny is not LFC. He has done more than any other person alive for this club and it's fans but when you take the managers job you live and die by the results as the man himself has so often said

''but at the end of the day, as we keep saying, we will add up the points at the end of the season and see where we are.'

It's where we are I am afraid.

Just seems a little "Off" to me. Seems some of our fans were calling Benitez all sorts for talking with Juventus whilst still manager of us yet here we are doing exactly the same to the current manager.

the thing is, i can hear what people are saying about kenny getting this season all wrong. on the whole, his buys have been poor. there's too many shithouses of limited ability in the team that need to stand up, understand who they're playing for and start putting in a perfomance instead of hiding in games. both kenny and the players need to take the responsibilty for that.

but i remember looking at the spanish/italian leagues not that long ago and thinking how ridiculous those clubs were when they sacked their manager because the only won the copa del rey or finished fourth in their league or AC lost to inter twice in one season. is that what liverpool has become just because chelsea are that way inclined?

kenny needs the chance to improve on this season, we owe him that at least..even if it means sacrificing a season or two

Sorry but cobblers.

what top players we have left will not hang around for " a season or two" to see if Kenny does or doesn't make a pigs ear of the next 2-4 transfer windows or a rethink regarding tactics.

Didn't want to bring this up and it gives me no pleasure but the people who questioned Kenny during Christmas are being proved right and the only reason they are is down to Kenny himself and his own stubborness to prove his signings worked.

We needed a replacement for the injured Lucas. He did nothing (bar bring Shelvey back and hardly use him)

Needed wingers, he perservered with a guy who has yet to create a goal while refusing to blood one of our most gifted youngsters. Oh, and freezing Maxi out in favour of Henderson or someone else to the point Maxi no longer cares.

Dropping Carroll whenever he starts to look capable.

All this hasn't been helped by the fact he's one of the only football brains at Anfield. DoF, a former scout shown the door by two of Londons biggest clubs.

A CEO who is more adept at making money than running a club. (has anyone at the club admitted to the t-shirt thing as I'm damn sure it wasn't Kenny's idea)

Owners (well one of many) who only turns up for cup finals and matches against The Bitters or Man U. Kenny's love for the club has been his undoing. He should've took one look at the structure behind him after his stay as care taker and said "either sort this out so it resembles a top PL team or I'm off".

Of course he didn't do that and there's no way he would walk leaving the club in such a state. I don't want to see him sacked. I want him to step aside with dignity rather than things get worse and new age fans turn on him because if that happens the media will finish him off for good. End result, we will hate the media more and they in return will crucify the next manager who falters, leaving us in an endless cycle.

A question to you all.

Considering I turned off as soon as the whistle went so have no idea, when the Liverpool players went up to get their medals did Henry shake Kenny's or any of the players hands?

QUOTE KENNYS SPELL

ust seems a little "Off" to me. Seems some of our fans were calling Benitez all sorts for talking with Juventus whilst still manager of us yet here we are doing exactly the same to the current manager.

Come on mate. This is it again sentimentality. If the Owners MD or whoever is running this did not have a plan B it would be wholly irresponsible. You cannot consider the managers position without knowing what the alternative is. Ask Steve Morgan at Wolves.

QUOTE KENNYS SPELL

ust seems a little "Off" to me. Seems some of our fans were calling Benitez all sorts for talking with Juventus whilst still manager of us yet here we are doing exactly the same to the current manager.

Come on mate. This is it again sentimentality. If the Owners MD or whoever is running this did not have a plan B it would be wholly irresponsible. You cannot consider the managers position without knowing what the alternative is. Ask Steve Morgan at Wolves.

It's not sentimentality honestly and I'm not advocating that there shouldn't be a plan 'B' - I just think we as fans can't have it both ways. Either we slag off Benitez for talking to Juventus then hold ourselves to that standard or we accept that it's just part of the normal course of things.

As I said, it's just a feeling that it's a bit "Off".

I think the time with Rafa was completely different to be fair. They were all at each others throats and there was the whole Klinsman thing. I am not naive enought to not know that this goes on the whole time between agents and clubs but problems only arise when it is leaked to the press to strengthen ones own hand as was the case with Hicks and Rafa.

Club representatives putting out some tentative off the record feelers is ordinary behavior for me. Not having AVB round for tea and buns and an interview.

I think the time with Rafa was completely different to be fair. They were all at each others throats and there was the whole Klinsman thing. I am not naive enought to not know that this goes on the whole time between agents and clubs but problems only arise when it is leaked to the press to strengthen ones own hand as was the case with Hicks and Rafa.

Club representatives putting out some tentative off the record feelers is ordinary behavior for me. Not having AVB round for tea and buns and an interview.

What sort of buns?

Cream scones with Jam? I'll come for some of that.

I'll put on an outrageous russian 'Portuguese' accent and a nice suit and tie.

*Why do the Portuguese all sound Russian when they speak English - Mourinho was exactly the same.