You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why the fuck are ITV going on about goal line technology when we've just see a ref and a linesman make the right decision? How is that an argument for it?

Also those ribbons on the cup, the Budweiser logos are so big it looks like we won it.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The way he's played the last few months I'm starting to come around to the idea of him as sort of a plan B, a third choice after Suarez and whomever we bring in this summer. He certainly changed the game when he came on today, and we haven't really had a player like that on the bench in a while.

If we sold him (say, for 15 million), who could we bring in that would be better in that role for that price?

Not sure it's appropriate to talk a out replacing him tonight, after the heart he showed, but several for that money. Luuk de Jong I want.

Carroll was great.

Too many poor players in our team, bought for too much money. I don't know about you lot but I can't see Downing coming good before he hits 30 and he will hopefully be playing for Newcastle by then; and Henderson does a great impersonation of a complete shit-house (like Downing) but at least has time for his balls to drop.

Newcastle are too good for him.

Gerrard was pointless - maybe following the manager's plan but he was a waste. Suarez was criminally under supported.

Gerrard has been a waste for most of the season due to Dalglish insistence on playing him deep.

As awful as we were for most of the games, if the teams had swapped goalies, we would have won it.

I think what I'm trying to say is that Reina has had a shocking season and clearly isn't the player he was. Get rid in the summer.

You would have picked Henderson and Downing? Kenny is that you!

Yes i would have picked them maybe brought maxi in instead of Downing.. but downings an england international and henderson is u21 captain. both of them bottled it although i dont think Henderson was as bad as made out.

Who would you have picked instead?

As awful as we were for most of the games, if the teams had swapped goalies, we would have won it.

I think what I'm trying to say is that Reina has had a shocking season and clearly isn't the player he was. Get rid in the summer.

Couldn't agree more.

monumental let down.

Considering KD told us it was about silverware and then we play for 50 minutes like it doesn't fucking matter only bothering to turn up when it's too late to do anything about it.

Will be an iteresting couple of months around here now.

Jumping the gun a bit after a bad loss?? Up until this season he has been one of few world class players we have left can we not allow him one bad season? Think a lot of mistakes have proved more costly as a result of our lack of goals!

That starting line-up was terrible and it cost us the game.

What do Downing, Henderson and Spearing give you that Maxi, Kuyt and Caroll don't, I will never know.

People go on about the last 20 minutes and how we deserved a draw but we were awful first half and deserved nothing. Our football was terrible and looked about 15 years behind the time.

Thanks for everything Kenny, but it is not good enough.

Onwards and upwards next season.

dont see the point in slaughtering everyone, the only thing that irks me, or the only thing i feel like saying out loud, is the fact that the manager thought spearing was/is adequate cover.

other than that, carroll was immense when he came on, hopefully that continues.

Absolutely gutless,if i went into work and did sweet fa for 7 hours and then made an effort for the last hour id be sacked.Wheres the bollox in our team.Downing and henderson are nice lads or so it seems but nice lads win nowt, wheres the guts the drive the balls,only andy showed anything like passion,wee jay not good enough and downing and henderson are just too passive or thick to have any desire,of to get shit faced after that shower.Why oh why does it take so long for us to grow some

Newcastle are too good for him.

Gerrard has been a waste for most of the season due to Dalglish insistence on playing him deep.

Agree with the first bit.

I think Kenny has been forced to play Gerrard deep though. Spearing is out of his depth without an established senior player by his side, so he had to take a punt on Gerrard. Preferably it would have been Lucas there next to spearing if we wanted defensive comfort, as Lucas always looks out for both of their positions, very unfortunate he got hurt against those cunts in the LC.

Adam wasn't exactly setting the world alight when he was fit either, the fact that we're crying out for at least him back shows how bad the other two have been.

Thing is they're shit for different reasons. Spearing just isn't good enough but he has some fucking balls, he can do a job when he only has to win the ball back but he cannot win the ball back and provide attacking threat. Henderson has the talent but is a fucking coward thus far into his short career here. Luckily for him he's young but someone needs to show him films of Downing and have him realize that's all he'll ever be if his balls don't drop.

Sick of watching teams stroll through our midfield. spearing, downing, henderson, all complete bollocks.

i would kill for a mascherano or sissoko in our team.

we need 3 attacking midfielders, 2 defensive midfielders, and 2 strikers befroe we start next season.

People talking about getting rid of Reina are insane. We're in no position to bring in keepers of his potential. What he needs is a proper coach that can bring back the old Pepe. He's still young for a goalie.

i know every team has their moronic fans, but jesus weve got some thick cunts supporting us.