You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big brave racist lionheart John Terry

Redder Lurtz

The whole system is a mess and requires reform.

Racism should not be tolerated. A workable system is needed to restore credibility to the process.

Yes it does.

We have ths ridiculous situation that we are supposed to differentiate between the FA finding Terry guilty of using racially abusive language not Racism as such.

The positives from this are that Terry has been found guilty and the FA have made utter fools of themselves . The negative is that the serious issue of Racism in football has been lost in this pantomime.

PFA chief Gordon Taylor with his finger on the pulse as ever (*sarcastic slow handclap*).

PFA chief Gordon Taylor: FA let John Terry case 'fester' - ESPNFC

PFA chief Taylor: FA let Terry case 'fester'

by Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor has told ESPN that the FA allowed the John Terry episode to "fester", with an 11-month delay before it was heard.

Speaking for the first time on the guilty verdict which saw Terry given a four-match ban and a £220,000 fine, Taylor was critical of the process that led to Terry's conviction. Indeed, he thinks the wounds may take some time to be healed.

"We have to move on now and move on together and continue our focus to eradicate racism from the game and society," he said.

"We need new educational processes for all players, young and old; for managers and directors; equitable recruitment processes; and a fast-track disciplinary process that does not allow for delays or holding off at the request of the Crown Prosecution Service.

"Twelve months on, the Terry case was not heard by the FA until the day after Luis Suarez shook hands with Patrice Evra at Anfield. Such a delay has allowed the matter to fester and cause divisions which will take time to heal, if ever, in the football family."

How about the fact that the FA were asked to hold back their investigation until after the High Court case with the CPS? A request from Terry and his lawyers no less. From that point on, it was about 2 months before the FA reached their verdict. In the Suarez case, it was also around 2 months (although in truth, that verdict was already in place before the fact-finding began), in which time the situation was 'allowed to fester'. I don't recall Taylor saying anything about that then. Instead, he was more concerned with jumping on the idiot bandwagon along with all the other fuckwits just itching to stick the knife in.

Gordon Taylor, do us all a favour and go boil your head. Then again, it appears that you already have, because it would certainly explain a few things.

Yes it does.

We have ths ridiculous situation that we are supposed to differentiate between the FA finding Terry guilty of using racially abusive language not Racism as such.

The positives from this are that Terry has been found guilty and the FA have made utter fools of themselves . The negative is that the serious issue of Racism in football has been lost in this pantomime.

The huge negative though is, The legal system found him not guilty, so is he guilty per say just because the FA decided it was so, or, is he guilty because the FA think they need to be seen to be doing the right thing right or wrong?

There is one thing being actually guilty, and another being guilty because it looks the right thing to be, or in both cases, in all probability.

Probability isnt the same thing as actually.

Just like the Suarez case, fact and evidence means nothing when being seen to do the right thing in the public interest in the case prevails.

I personally worry about how many decent players will be fucked over when some gobshite decides to play the race card and accuse the player of this sort of thing, given that without any true or actual evidence, the player is found guilty.

I say gobshite, as despite reality, there will always be a few who think it will help if they play this to their advantage.

And in the terry case, found not guilty by a legal court of the land, yet found guilty by a kangaroo court who need to be seen to be dealing with the issue.

Something they dont have the first clue how to deal with, and still cant deal with without being unjust and unfair, ie 8-4 for the same offence.

Just had a row with lads here in work.

2 Liverpool fans including myself, 1 Leeds fan, 1 Arsenal fan and 2 mancs.

Guess who weren't able to see that the whole thing was a farce and Luis was held out to dry? Yup. The mancs. This leads me to believe that supporting that lot actually rots your brain and removes the capability of logical thought.

The Leeds fan is a clown normally. But even he was able to spot the imbalance between Luis' treatment and Mongo's.

I'm just going to give up trying to explain it anymore. So many muppets out there that no matter how you explain it to them, they'll just go all 'Rainman' on you and repeat whatever they are told to believe.

"Who's on First?" "Who's on First?" "Who's on First?" "Who's on First?".......

PFA chief Gordon Taylor with his finger on the pulse as ever (*sarcastic slow handclap*).

PFA chief Gordon Taylor: FA let John Terry case 'fester' - ESPNFC

How about the fact that the FA were asked to hold back their investigation until after the High Court case with the CPS? A request from Terry and his lawyers no less. From that point on, it was about 2 months before the FA reached their verdict. In the Suarez case, it was also around 2 months (although in truth, that verdict was already in place before the fact-finding began), in which time the situation was 'allowed to fester'. I don't recall Taylor saying anything about that then. Instead, he was more concerned with jumping on the idiot bandwagon along with all the other fuckwits just itching to stick the knife in.

Gordon Taylor, do us all a favour and go boil your head. Then again, it appears that you already have, because it would certainly explain a few things.

They actually asked for the case to be delayed till after the Euro championships.

The case wasnt going to be heard by the FA till after the court case anyway.

They actually asked for the case to be delayed till after the Euro championships.

The case wasnt going to be heard by the FA till after the court case anyway.

OK, so I have some of the details wrong, but it still doesn't change the point that the FA were asked to hold fire until after the court case, which itself was held back after a request from the defence team. And it still doesn't alter my point about Gordon Taylor. He and many others are one of the main reasons as to why things reached such a heated situation regarding the issue of racism in football because they just couldn't keep their traps shut.

A point I've made again and again over the past year is that when you are in the public eye and/or hold a position of influence, your opinions will be deemed to carry significant weight and may be broadcast or published in the mass media. It is therefore important to consider the impact your words will have on a given issue, particularly when you haven't thought things through clearly before expressing your opinions.

Because racially abusing another is a criminal offence I believe that the FA should have no part in the disciplinary process and all cases should be dealt with by a criminal court. If convicted, a set punishment should result, if cleared that should be the end of the matter.

I believe there are few parallels between the Terry and Suarez cases other than that the FA’s process caused as many problems as it was intended to solve.

Because racially abusing another is a criminal offence I believe that the FA should have no part in the disciplinary process and all cases should be dealt with by a criminal court. If convicted, a set punishment should result, if cleared that should be the end of the matter.

I believe there are few parallels between the Terry and Suarez cases other than that the FA’s process caused as many problems as it was intended to solve.

The protracted legal proceedings ultimately found him not guilty didn't it?,despite a defence that was childlike in its absurdity.

The fact he was cleared gives me no confidence at all that any future cases will be dealt with fairly.

Th F.A have recognised his guilt, but have once again made a laughing stock of themselves with the sentence imposed.

Clearly this is bollocks because it's a rule that terry has broken, one that he and his club signed up to agreeing to when they signed up for the league.

The protracted legal proceedings ultimately found him not guilty didn't it?,despite a defence that was childlike in its absurdity.

The fact he was cleared gives me no confidence at all that any future cases will be dealt with fairly.

Th F.A have recognised his guilt, but have once again made a laughing stock of themselves with the sentence imposed.

Did Kenny not want to involve the police at the time, but (lying cunt) Evra declined?

The FA are indeed a disgrace, not a laughing stock. 4 games??, so, as an example, Jonjo appealed last week and was turned down then he would get 4 games for a 50/50 challenge.

Joey Barton, although overly aggressive last May, got 12 games.

They are idiots.

There is a frankly astonishing article in the Sunday Times today by Rod Liddle, which says Terry's is the victim of a media witch-hunt.

"ONLY the lawyers stand to gain," read the headline in one national newspaper yesterday, a piece of pompous finger-wagging sanctimony aimed in the general direction of Mr John Terry, who has announced that he is to contest the absurd fine and four-match suspension imposed upon him by the Football Association for the crime of not having racially abused Anton Ferdinand.

We know that he did not racially abuse the QPR defender because a court cleared him.

When a court in England clears you, you are not guilty. Thats what it means.

However, when allegations of racism are flying around, the guilt always manages to adhere, regardless of the facts or outcome of the legal process.

There is a fascistic and paranoid flavour to the hounding of those regarded as guilty of racism, all the more so in the case of John Terry presumably because he is very well-off, doesnt always seem like the nicest chap in the world (Ive never met him, so I cannot confirm this) and achieved the highest honour a footballer can hope for captaining his country.

So Terry has been caught in a nasty pincer movement occasioned by our twin national psychoses: racism and a loathing of success. Only the lawyers can win. Well sure, the lawyers always win. You might as well say that only the lawyers won in the original court case in which in case the intimation of guilt is still hanging around Terry was found not guilty.

A case so fundamentally ludicrous that neither the alleged victim nor indeed anybody else witnessed the crime upon which Terry had been arraigned. A crime that nobody saw or heard. We were left to be entertained by lip readers second-guessing what might have been said and the manner in which it might have been said. A court case occasioned by the imaginary hurt that might possibly have been done to someone if the bad thing had actually been said and heard, but which, actually, wasnt, as it transpired.

Years from now we will look back and wonder how we could have allowed ourselves to be so gripped by this madness. I suppose Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis, would have said it was a consequence of collective guilt, or something, that by persecuting someone else for racism we somehow exculpate ourselves and our dodgy history, recent and not so recent.

And everyone in a position of authority or faux authority by which I mean the journos, the hacks went along with this insanity because to question the legitimacy of the howl-round, the fury, the determination to stitch up John Terry like a racist kipper, was by association to be sort of guilty of being racist oneself. And thats a career-ending thing, isnt it? And it doesnt matter how vigorously you try to shrug it off, the charge always adheres. We really are in witch-hunt territory.

It reminds me of that ducking stool they had for witches. The accused was strapped into a device, which was then lowered into a pond or river: if she lives, shes a witch, if she drowns shes okay. Thats the sort of choice we offered Terry: not guilty, huh? Well see about that.

Only the lawyers stand to gain. So drop your appeal, Terry, you racist scumbag, and accept the verdict of a Football Association kangaroo court which was minded far more by that howl-round, that determination that Terry should somehow be found guilty, than by any consideration of the facts. Or indeed by common sense.

Why should Terry submit to this outrage? Why shouldnt he fight it? The bloke has been vilified day after day for nine months, he has been stripped wrongly of the captaincy of the national team, he has been retrospectively convicted of being a racist "on the balance of probabilities", fined £220,000 and banned from playing for four matches.

And he is supposed to sit back and endure this establishment-induced calumny and spite for what reason? Because he is rich? Because he plays football? This is a working-class bloke who grew up with black footballers, played with them each week and whose closest friends are black. He is probably far better integrated into our multiracial society than some magnolia-skinned bienpensant half-wit writing editorials for The Guardian, or indeed the puffed-up monkeys who comprise the senior levels of the FA.

Why, then, should he just sit back and take it when the middle-class liberal establishment rules he is a racist, regardless of the court case that decided actually he wasnt? I suspect he thinks he has sat back and taken it for too long. And I think hes right. Ill chip into his appeal fund, if he needs it.

Not with very much money, just enough to pay one of his lawyers for 42 seconds.

My guess is that most people in this country think that this whole farrago has been confected, whipped up, and that Terry is being unfairly persecuted. But you wont find this sentiment widely expressed in the national media for the reasons I have suggested above. It is one of those occasions when the sentiments of our rulers, and the pressure groups, and the gobby commentators, are quite out of step with public opinion. But as I say, this is only a guess.

Clearly this is bollocks because it's a rule that terry has broken, one that he and his club signed up to agreeing to when they signed up for the league.

You claimed something was bollocks - but didn't say what.

We agree that Terry and Suarez were both found guilty on a strict liability basis of using language whicg referred to anothers colour. Beyond that the detail diverges significantly.

If you are saying that you have no confidence in the legal system in this country, that is another claim - your call.

On the basis of what I heard, I thought Terry was guilty- but think the system overall is worth preserving.

The current FA regs are not worth preserving.They are a mess.

There is a frankly astonishing article in the Sunday Times today by Rod Liddle, which says Terry's is the victim of a media witch-hunt.

Rod Liddle? He who referred to the 'the rat-faced racist footballer Luis Suarez, of course, who plays for Liverpool' in a previous article for The Times?