You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest davelfc
Can someone please explain why John Terry, Meireles, Ivanovic and Mikel were in their full kit (including shinpads) at the end of the CL Final?

For terry it was to avoid any embarrassing questions and for the publicity pictures, they will tippex out that he was banned.

A disgrace really when he was banned from the final and other players have not been able to do that in the past.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Can someone please explain why John Terry, Meireles, Ivanovic and Mikel were in their full kit (including shinpads) at the end of the CL Final?

Last question about yesterday's matches - why do you get a trophy for finishing in third place in the Championship and when did that start?

Well they were clearly kitted up in case they did spawn it and not look out of place in the resultant pictures of the ahem, celebration.

Play off winners have always had a trophy since the play offs were introduced. To my knowledge, the team finishing second behind the league champions doesnt get any trphy whatsoever!

So, 1st and play off winners get a trophy but second place doesnt.

Last question about yesterday's matches - why do you get a trophy for finishing in third place in the Championship and when did that start?

Was thinking this yesterday Kalasoma.

While I can understand the financial boon that the play-offs bring, it has got ridiculous that a team in 6th could get a trip to Wembley and a trophy when the 2nd place team barely even get mentioned for getting promotion & you could even argue that the champions get far less publicity & money.

Well they were clearly kitted up in case they did spawn it and not look out of place in the resultant pictures of the ahem, celebration.

Play off winners have always had a trophy since the play offs were introduced. To my knowledge, the team finishing second behind the league champions doesnt get any trphy whatsoever!

So, 1st and play off winners get a trophy but second place doesnt.

Thanks to everyone for responding. I'm just baffled at why someone would need to put the shinpads on if they were banned, and if only for the photo op afterwards. It's just a bit mental.

Equally mental is the Championship trophy allocation. 1st I can understand because you won the league, skipping 2nd and then a trophy for 3rd makes no sense whatsoever.

No sense whatsoever but I'm sure the Southampton fans couldn't care less. They are promoted without the nerves of 3 play off games - and they probably get to keep the "we are going up" canvas sign - makes it all worth it!!

Watched the trophy presentation in Munich, couple of things

* Abromavich gets to lift trophy before majority of players & manager

* Terry was right in front of Platini, sure he lifted trophy with frank but you will never know with all the selfish players in view

* Playing for DiMatteo is rubbish, when he lifted the trophy, half the playing team including Terry had left, TV pictures showing them walking down the stairs.

[YOUTUBE]-7DNhUdqDVw[/YOUTUBE]

Player gets subbed off in his last game and replaced by his five year old son. Fucking ace video.

Can someone rep this for me? What a great video, and fair play to the other team. That kid will remember that for his whole life.

Nah. I think Bielsa is trying to build a team that is very very young and at the same time trying to compete at the highest level without any experienced players on the team. I think he was a good international coach. Just think this Bilbao side, as exciting as they are, need a couple of older heads. Plus, they're working within a very strict system of only being allowed to field Basque players. Exciting as they are, there isn't much diversity and knowledge or experience from outside - which might just help them to go that one step further.

Has Bielsa been found out now? The last few weeks have been disastrous for Atletico. No goals in either finals, comprehensively outplayed and finished 10th in the league.

They were like that most of the season in La Liga. People thought they were class because they battered United.

Guest San Don

Cheltenham, Crewe and match officials just took a 2 minute water break in the play off final. Surreal but it must be fooking hot!

Guest San Don
They didn't think about sunny days when they made that arch.

Maybe they should have fitted them fire sprinkler things so they could turn them on when it got too hot!?

• 4 weeks later...