You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Making my annual trip to the stadium of light for this one. Haven't heard if GJ or Gerrard will be available and I take it Agger is still out.

------------------------------Reina------------------------------------

Kelly/GJ-----------Coates----------------Skrtel------------------Enrique

-------------------Spearing--------------Adam--------------------------

Downing-------------------Henderson/Gerrard---------------------Bellamy

------------------------------Suarez--------------------------------------

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making my annual trip to the stadium of light for this one. Haven't heard if GJ or Gerrard will be available and I take it Agger is still out.

------------------------------Reina------------------------------------

Kelly/GJ-----------Coates----------------Skrtel------------------Enrique

-------------------Spearing--------------Adam--------------------------

Downing-------------------Henderson/Gerrard---------------------Bellamy

------------------------------Suarez--------------------------------------

Coates played left side for Nacional so Skrtel can play in his natural position.

----------------------Reina--------------------------

Johnson------Skrtel----------Coates---------Enrique

--------------Spearing-------Gerrard-----------------

Suso-------------------Suarez----------------Sterling

-------------------------Bellamy----------------------

But would be happy to see Maxi and Henderson start on the flanks... with the view to bringing on Sterling and Suso. These young guys need a chance and given top four is really unlikely now, I don't see a better time to do so.

Edited by LFD

Find it quite depressing that LFD insists on getting a hard on for players who've never played first team football before over full internationals.

In fact, its not funny, its fucking hilarious.

They need a chance. Top four is highly unlikely.

They might not be ready, but they might be. Who knows until they get a chance.

Downing has been rubbish and I hope we sell him. Kuyt isn't the future, nor is Maxi and Bellamy can only play so much. Let's see what these young guys can do, before buying more players in the summer to leap frog them in the pecking order.

What is hilarious for wanting to see them get a chance? They have been really good the last few weeks and I can't see them doing any worse than Downing for example.

If they aren't ready then we know they need to go on loan or play more for the reserves. But if we don't try, we won't ever know and the problem at our club is we don't give young players much of a chance now days.

Flanagan and Robinson got chances last season, but only because of injuries. Kelly only got a chance due to Johnson being injured as well. Poor Shelvey was doing great on loan comes back and has had to sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs. We love stagnating talent and Pacheco is the best example of that.

I won't write them off if they don't succeed, as both are still young. But young players sometimes have no fear and they could thrive given the chance.

Oh and I wouldn't start them, it was tongue in cheek. But I would give them 20 minutes or so off the bench if we are winning.

Edited by LFD

Christ, maybe not.

LFD, they shouldn't be starting. There is definitely some merit in giving the likes of Suso and Sterling ten minutes at the end of games we're winning, but we can't be lobbing them in at the deep end.

Could easily destroy them.

Christ, maybe not.

LFD, they shouldn't be starting. There is definitely some merit in giving the likes of Suso and Sterling ten minutes at the end of games we're winning, but we can't be lobbing them in at the deep end.

Think you might have written that before I edited my last sentence.

So we are in agreement.

Think you might have written that before I stuffed a root vegetable up my chutney.

Yes, quite possibly.

This is where I'd put a smiley face if it was evenly remotely acceptable.

Sterling for the last ten minutes of a home game we're 2-0 up in would be perfect. Got to get 2-0 up first mind.

Yes, quite possibly.

This is where I'd put a smiley face if it was evenly remotely acceptable.

Sterling for the last ten minutes of a home game we're 2-0 up in would be perfect. Got to get 2-0 up first mind.

We'd need to play 3 games consecutively to get 2-0 up. Imagine how many times we'd hit the post if we played a game lasting 270 minutes? Fnaaarr!

Going to be a very tricky game.

If we are lucky we'll snatch a draw, considering they've only lost once at home since O'Neil took over, also with our complete lack of ability to score, I am not confident.

How exactly? We aren't playing Wolves who are in the relegation zone and have a G/D of -26.

Sunderland are in much better form than us and have been getting the results since O'Neil took over something we haven't been doing.

I mean fuck we are only 5 points above them.

Edited by Mr Nando

Aren't Clattermole and Sessengnon out for them?

Yep 4 and 3 games respectively.

They've looked suspect recently after a formidable start under SFG, so i think we have a great chance. And we're away which gives us more chance of avoiding a draw. Wes Brown is injured too isn't he? Who was the reason we didn't beat them earlier in the season (aside from the cunt of a ref, obviously)

Wes Brown is injured too isn't he? Who was the reason we didn't beat them earlier in the season (aside from the cunt of a ref, obviously)

and we missed a penalty that day.

We'd need to play 3 games consecutively to get 2-0 up. Imagine how many times we'd hit the post if we played a game lasting 270 minutes? Fnaaarr!

I realise there is quite a substantial flaw in my plan. Fuck it, just start Sterling. If he doesn't score by halftime, sell him.

How exactly? We aren't playing Wolves who are in the relegation zone and have a G/D of -26.

Sunderland are in much better form than us and have been getting the results since O'Neil took over something we haven't been doing.

I mean fuck we are only 5 points above them.

Think you may have misunderstood. I meant we may destroy the young players by playing them too much/too soon etc.

I don't think there is much danger of us destroying Sunderland.

Play the u18's. If they lose sell the lot of them and play the u16's next week.

Yes that is exactly the point I was making! :whatever: