You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nextgen vs Spurs tonight

Guest LFD

Guest San Don
Next Gen twitter have posted it aswell

Up next...a bumming at the hands of Barcelona

Steady on! Its Barca or Ajax as their game hasnt been played yet. But, we'd need a serious improvement at both ends of the pitch to avoid it.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its the position that best utilises his attributes. But I certainly think he can do a very good job there and with his awareness and passing range and technical ability I think he could be a DM that sits deep but also sets up attacks. Think the love-child of Alonso and Lucas. Although I would sometimes worry that experience may mean he tries to take on players in dangerous positions if asked to sit so deep. And again, it probably would mean we wouldn't see the best of his creative side.

Just a thought though and only based on the little I've seen of him streamed online via crappy links, a few youtube highlights and now one full game live. I definitely think he's got the right stuff between his ears though. Time will tell I guess.

EDIT - actually, thinking about it. Can't really think how good he is in the tackle. So maybe he's not got all the vital attributes for that role. But saying that, I'm happy with a DM that stays on his feet most of the time.

I think you meant a deep play maker, a regulator, like Alonso or Pirlo, or Guardiola used to be. Alonso could tackle, but the role he played for us wasn't a DM.

Steady on! Its Barca or Ajax as their game hasnt been played yet. But, we'd need a serious improvement at both ends of the pitch to avoid it.

Shelvey ad Robinson are two players who could help beef up the team.

Barca / Ajack will probably have more of the ball than us, but we have players who can hurt them on the break. Bet their kids don't play against maybe big and awkward players like Ngoo.

Should be a great experience for them.

Guest San Don

According to the daily wail, a row is 'simmering' between us and spurs because spurs are pissed we 'lodged a complaint' they fielded not one but two 'under aged' players (surely over age?) while we had some players who'd been bought on 'quite expensive' transfer fees. WTF sort of journalism is that?

We lodged a complaint about spurs playing 2 under age players? We have some players bought on 'expensive transfers'? Erm..................

According to the daily wail, a row is 'simmering' between us and spurs because spurs are pissed we 'lodged a complaint' they fielded not one but two 'under aged' players (surely over age?) while we had some players who'd been bought on 'quite expensive' transfer fees. WTF sort of journalism is that?

We lodged a complaint about spurs playing 2 under age players? We have some players bought on 'expensive transfers'? Erm..................

So it's ok to break the laws as along as the players haven't been purchased on 'quite expensive transfer fees' - what load of shite. Journalism must be one of the easiest jobs ever nowadays, just make up shit on a daily basis as long as you cover your words quota for the week.

So it's ok to break the laws as along as the players haven't been purchased on 'quite expensive transfer fees' - what load of shite. Journalism must be one of the easiest jobs ever nowadays, just make up shit on a daily basis as long as you cover your words quota for the week.

Imagine the headlines if it had of been us that played 2 ineligible players!

"Thieves, Racists now cheating poor unfortunate children outta there dreams"

And what players are they talking about? Ibe, Sinclair, Ojo, O'Hanlon and Shelvey didn't play.

Sterling, obviously, but Tottenham had Coulibaly.

Guest San Don
Ajax in the semi, after they beat Barca 3-0 this evening.

Hmmmm. Is it ajax away or at Anfield? Might go to that if its at home and cheer the lads on.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but just watching the highlights of the reserves vs Sunderland yesterday. The second and third goals were almost identical with Adorjan crossing and their keeper making a mess of it.

Flanagan looked to play well, he seems to have bulked up a fair bit. Nice to see Robinson back.

Can someone post when the next liverpool ressie games are?

I keep on missing them on .tv

The Sunderland one wasn't live on LFCTV - they just had the highlights.

21 Feb 2012 Everton H 14:00 - Live on LFCTV

March 2012

1 Mar 2012 Wigan A 14:00

6 Mar 2012 Everton A 19:00 - Live on LFCTV

Postponed Newcastle H

14 Mar 2012 Ajax H 19:00 - Live on LFCTV

20 Mar 2012 Arsenal H 14:00 - Live on LFCTV

April 2012

2 Apr 2012 Aston Villa A 19:00 - Live on LFCTV

10 Apr 2012 West Brom H 14:00

It's like watching the first team. Create loads of opening, hit post, keeper saves, awful miss, hit bar - score goal. Other side get chance - score goal.

The Sunderland match was 3-3, not really like our first team.