You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Im taking a group from my youthclub to this match, and there's two girls in the group yet only one of my fancards have a girls name on it. anyone know if the stewards are strict on this?

Not in the slightest. Half the ground are using someone else's card every week. They are only interested in dodgy fuckers trying to get in by hiding inside someones sebastian (coat)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be amazed if Carroll doesn't start as he will be very important defending set pieces. I actually think that is the reason why Kelly played before Enrique Wednesday night as City had done us twice from corners in the two games this season. Kenny played 3 at the back in Suarez's in the home game last season, he could do the same here, especially with no defensive midfielder available.

Reina

Skrtel Carra Agger

Johnson Gerrard Henderson Enrique

Maxi Kuyt

Carroll

Downing should be dropped. Cowardly last night.

would like him to start near enough everygame but there is no chance Bellamy will start 3 games in 8 days

I'd drop both Downing and Adam for this game, both are just so average and offer fuck all of late. Bellamy looked shattered against City so can't see him starting. I wouldn't mind seeing -

---------------Reina--------------

Johnson---Agger---Skrtyl---Enrique

Kuyt--Henderson---Shelvey---Maxi

--------------Gerrard-------------

---------------Carroll-------------

Downing isn't average. He's shit. And a coward.

No one on our squad deserves a start less than him. Maybe Carroll, actually.

Agreed Paul.

In fact I can't see the justification in playing him while not giving Raheem a start ahead of him. On one hand we've got a young lad with pace to burn and an ability to beat an opponent inside and out, as well as weighing in with a few goals himself. And on the other hand we have got downing who doesn't give a fuck about LFC and who has spent all season demonstrating just how inept he is in every department. The epitome of the very thing which is holding us back at the moment. Back in the day KK would never have tolerated such a gutless and ineffective player.

Not sure its a lack of effort from Downing. Just think he's nowhere near good enough, and massively out of his comfort zone. At Villa they just played on the break, plus expectations were obviously a lot lower. His confidence is shot, and he seems to be aiming for a 6/10 every game. I'd rather he lost the ball a little more often, but because he was trying to skin his fullback and get shots/crosses off.

Not sure its a lack of effort from Downing. Just think he's nowhere near good enough, and massively out of his comfort zone. At Villa they just played on the break, plus expectations were obviously a lot lower. His confidence is shot, and he seems to be aiming for a 6/10 every game. I'd rather he lost the ball a little more often, but because he was trying to skin his fullback and get shots/crosses off.

I think that's a fairer assessment. Also, maybe he's being asked to concentrate more on covering back, putting more emphasis on Enrique to get forward. He is out of his comfort zone because he's never played for a club that even comes close to the level of expectation there is at Liverpool. Charlie Adam spoke about it on the far east tour, saying he was unaware just how big we where as a club. I think 6 months is a bit soon to judge him regardless.

Really don't think he should ever be played on the left. Enrique is a monster, and more than capable of running the whole flank. Downing just gets in his way.

I'd rather he play on the right, where he got quite a few goals for Villa. Less likely to see him pump aimless balls towards Carroll as well.

We've got to keep it on the deck, where we have a distinct advantage over the majority of the league. Go alehouse and we reduce the gap.

Is that confirmed? Happy with the line-up if so, Henderson and Adam in the middle with Gerrard, Downing and Bellamy supporting Carroll; those three should get plenty of balls in to the big fella up front and hopefully he'll be considerably less shit today and bang a couple of goals.