You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

life Wins

Ginny

• 1 month later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Whilst shopping today I laid my eyes on a winter jacket, reduced from 89€ down to 7€. I initially thought it must be some mistake but it went through the till at 7€. Probably just a line they have discontinued and it was the last one. Or maybe some young person without a clue marking up prices wrong. Fuck all wrong with it, suits my tastes and fits perfect, fucking love a good bargain. 

Whilst shopping today I laid my eyes on a winter jacket, reduced from 89€ down to 7€. I initially thought it must be some mistake but it went through the till at 7€. Probably just a line they have discontinued and it was the last one. Or maybe some young person without a clue marking up prices wrong. Fuck all wrong with it, suits my tastes and fits perfect, fucking love a good bargain. 

The Heart Foundation is such a noble and just place to give this time of year. Repped for the humanity. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The Heart Foundation is such a noble and just place to give this time of year. Repped for the humanity. 

We always give our clothes we no longer need to a charity. (I prefer not to put them in them clothes banks, they are forever getting robbed by people who are not so needy) Mounts up to quite a lot every year having a household of 5 and two kids who are still growing. 

I'm guessing bargains like today is a bit of payback. 

We always give our clothes we no longer need to a charity. (I prefer not to put them in them clothes banks, they are forever getting robbed by people who are not so needy) Mounts up to quite a lot every year having a household of 5 and two kids who are still growing. 

I'm guessing bargains like today is a bit of payback.

Payback or some fucking young persons mistake remember. Twat.

• 2 months later...

I gots me a new job today!

Quick recap, got made redundant August 2016 from the place I'd been for ten years. Got another job beginning of last year but it wasn't working out mainly due to them overselling the position i.e. it was far duller than they were making out. So I jacked it in.

Had a few interviews the last month or so, didn't get any of them. Interviewed today for a job which is very much the same as my skill set, sales director thought I was da bomb and they called to offer me the position within a hour of me leaving the place.

Start on monday. Yay fucking me. Whopping pay rise on the last place too. Double fucking yay.

• Upvote 13

Quick recap, got made redundant August 2016 from the place I'd been for ten years. Got another job beginning of last year but it wasn't working out mainly due to them overselling the position i.e. it was far duller than they were making out. So I jacked it in.

Had a few interviews the last month or so, didn't get any of them. Interviewed today for a job which is very much the same as my skill set, sales director thought I was da bomb and they called to offer me the position within a hour of me leaving the place.

Start on monday. Yay fucking me. Whopping pay rise on the last place too. Double fucking yay.

Happy New fucking Year pal. Well done.

• Upvote 1

Good on yer, GD. Hope this one works out for you

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

We were in a wine club back in the UK and have been very happy that Laithwaites have established themselves over here in America in the last few years. We just ordered two cases of wine, and the cost tipped over a price point to mean that we got some free gifts: 4 Dartington crystal red wine glasses and a magnum of lovely Zinfandel. Jobs a good ‘un.

When the wine was delivered we noticed the magnum of Zinfandel wasn’t delivered. It was smashed en route. I phoned Laithwaites USA and they said they would send a new bottle.

On Friday the WHOLE order arrived again. Two cases of wine, four wine glasses, and the magnum of Zinfandel, this time thankfully intact.

I half thought about keeping the wine but that would be ethically wrong, so I phoned Laithwaites to say that we were just expecting one magnum bottle of wine, but they had resent the whole order. The lady on the phone said it was their mistake and I had two options.

1. She could send me shipping labels via email to return the two excess cases of wine

2. I could just keep it, as it was their mistake

I said if it’s all the same, we’ll just keep the wine. It’s worth about $300!

• Upvote 2

We were in a wine club back in the UK and have been very happy that Laithwaites have established themselves over here in America in the last few years. We just ordered two cases of wine, and the cost tipped over a price point to mean that we got some free gifts: 4 Dartington crystal red wine glasses and a magnum of lovely Zinfandel. Jobs a good ‘un.

When the wine was delivered we noticed the magnum of Zinfandel wasn’t delivered. It was smashed en route. I phoned Laithwaites USA and they said they would send a new bottle.

On Friday the WHOLE order arrived again. Two cases of wine, four wine glasses, and the magnum of Zinfandel, this time thankfully intact.

I half thought about keeping the wine but that would be ethically wrong, so I phoned Laithwaites to say that we were just expecting one magnum bottle of wine, but they had resent the whole order. The lady on the phone said it was their mistake and I had two options.

1. She could send me shipping labels via email to return the two excess cases of wine

Your reward for being honest.Enjoy the wine !

It's ethically wrong and therefore you should have requested the labels. 

There's no half-way house here, G. 

It's ethically wrong and therefore you should have requested the labels.

There's no half-way house here, G.

I phoned them up to say they had re-sent the whole order, and not just the one bottle that was smashed. They presented me with two options, so I took the free wine. I’m not sure what’s unethical about that.

Anyway, if you’re ever in these parts, let’s discuss over a glass of wine!

I phoned them up to say they had re-sent the whole order, and not just the one bottle that was smashed. They presented me with two options, so I took the free wine. I’m not sure what’s unethical about that.

Anyway, if you’re ever in these parts, let’s discuss over a glass of wine!

Think he's on the wind up G.

Either that or he's the type that irons his grey underpants.