You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

aRdja

He needs a run in the team I said this a while back.

He is getting better each time he plays and more importantly he is cutting out the mistakes he was making.

Another point is he will score more goals in a season than Agger would as well.

He is like center forward with the postions he takes up in the opponents box.

If he gets a run in the team with Agger being injured,I think he will be hard to displace even when Agger is fit to play.

That is if he keeps on playing the way he is.

It's good you've got such faith in him, but Agger is by far the best defender at this club and one of our three or four most important players. He'll walk into the team when he gets back.

I think he's ace. Only a matter of time before he's ahead of Skrtel in the pecking order I reckon.

Really cant see him displacing Skrtel to be honest.

Skrtel will get you more goals than Agger in a season.

Defending wise there isnt that much between them,but Skrtel isnt as likely to break as Agger is.

The one thing Agger has above both of them at the moment is he is more comfortable on the ball.

Coates isnt in there class either just yet but with a run in the team he could well be up there with them.

You might even see one of them becoming more of a left back if Enrique continues to be more interested in playing Fifa than playing for us.

Enrique needs to get his head down and find the form we know he is cappable of.

It's good you've got such faith in him, but Agger is by far the best defender at this club and one of our three or four most important players. He'll walk into the team when he gets back.

I think he is alot like sutton was it?

Who started out as a centeral defender but ended up as forward.

The postions Coates takes up in the opponents box is exactly like a center forward does.

Agger is great on the ball and probably is the best defender at the club.

The problem is he breaks to easy and it will come to the point were we will play a partnership that play together reliable, without having to break it up with one being injured regular.

Just my thoughts on it.

He needs a run in the team I said this a while back.

He is getting better each time he plays and more importantly he is cutting out the mistakes he was making.

Another point is he will score more goals in a season than Agger would as well.

He is like center forward with the postions he takes up in the opponents box.

If he gets a run in the team with Agger being injured,I think he will be hard to displace even when Agger is fit to play.

That is if he keeps on playing the way he is.

Agger should be back for Saturday.

Agger should be back for Saturday.

Seen that and Borini is expected to be ok to.

Good news all round and Coates will get his chance as normally when Martin or Dan get injured it is usually pretty lengthy time out.

With Martin is he dosent get injured often but when he does it is usally something mega.

Makes you wonder how many of todays players would of made it as a player in the 60 s or 70s.

Getting lumps kicked out of them every time they went for the ball.

Guest ShoePiss

I think Coates improves with every game, he shouldn't be displacing Skrtel or Agger if they're both fit at this point but the competition will prove great for the team. His contribution to the second goal was key and is a great attribute for a centreback; he was calm on the ball under pressure and saw a pass that created an attacking opportunity. He's going to be a fan favourite in years to come.

No real pace but reads the game very well and pops up with goals because he is a threat in the opposition box. He has all the makings of being like Hyypia. Obviously big Sami was hugely experienced and his mistakes were very rare, but the more Coates plays the more he will cut that side of his game out. I'm pleased with him. Hopefully he will get more games so he doesn't regress.

Heard this morning that Agger may play against Norwich.

With his postional play, eye for goal and his defensive abilities should Brenda think about givinghim a goal as defensive midfielder. I don't like kids or even expereinced pro's being asked to play in unfamiliar poistions but I think he could do a very good job there as long as he doesn't get overrawed (being in the middile is completely diffrerent to defense).

No real pace but reads the game very well and pops up with goals because he is a threat in the opposition box. He has all the makings of being like Hyypia. Obviously big Sami was hugely experienced and his mistakes were very rare, but the more Coates plays the more he will cut that side of his game out. I'm pleased with him. Hopefully he will get more games so he doesn't regress.

Totally agree mate, first thing i noticed was his ability to read the game, was Sami's speciality stepping out and picking up passes and Seba does it well. Must be first choice if either Agger or Skrtel are injured/lose form.

Heard this morning that Agger may play against Norwich.

With his postional play, eye for goal and his defensive abilities should Brenda think about givinghim a goal as defensive midfielder. I don't like kids or even expereinced pro's being asked to play in unfamiliar poistions but I think he could do a very good job there as long as he doesn't get overrawed (being in the middile is completely diffrerent to defense).

nah he is a centre half all over for me, love it when he plays though, actually gets me quite hopeful at set pieces!

I reckon its time to give him a go in the League along side Agger, thought Skrtel was brilliant last year but nowhere near his best so far this time out and Coates is impressing me everytime he plays

there was a couple of situations tonight where Di Natale was getting set to run at him one on one, many experienced and top defenders would've shit themselves in that situation, Sebby just barges through him taking the ball at the same time

Reckon he might get a game on Sunday to counter Stoke's threat from set pieces - although hopefully he'll defend them a bit better than he did for the second Udinese goal tonight. Shame about that own goal as I thought he otherwise had a really good game.

I reckon its time to give him a go in the League along side Agger, thought Skrtel was brilliant last year but nowhere near his best so far this time out and Coates is impressing me everytime he plays

there was a couple of situations tonight where Di Natale was getting set to run at him one on one, many experienced and top defenders would've shit themselves in that situation, Sebby just barges through him taking the ball at the same time

i would also give him chance in league against Stoke but maybe beside Skrtel....Martin is better in the air as Daniel, and Agger hasn´t been much better than Skrtel so far.

But I think Brendan will stick with Skrtel - Agger combo.

As you can all probably tell, I think Seba is ace. The own goal was unlucky and was as much down to inexperience as anything else. I'd play him v stoke and I think he has it in him to become a fixture in our first team for a number of years.