You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

aRdja

looked pretty good didn't he?

He has zero pace, thus resorted to Balotelling Torres in the face at one time, but he is very composed, excellent in the air, a good passer and has a good positional sense.

It will be interesting when Agger gets injured again to see who Kenny would pick, but I suspect it will be Carra and rightly so, but I wouldn't be too disappointed/scared if he picked Coates..

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He has zero pace, thus resorted to Balotelling Torres in the face at one time, but he is very composed, excellent in the air, a good passer and has a good positional sense.

It will be interesting when Agger gets injured again to see who Kenny would pick, but I suspect it will be Carra and rightly so, but I wouldn't be too disappointed/scared if he picked Coates..

If Agger doesn't get injured, what happens when Carra gets back? I think we're looking as solid at the back as we have all season. I wouldn't change it.

The two games I have seen him,he has made one bad mistake in both and then been outstanding for the rest of the games.

I do see trouble on the horizon,as I pretty sure he is a regular now for his country.

So if he isnt getting regular games then maybe problems.

Hmm, that does sound like someone who used to captain us, doesn't it? Ooohh I know this one!! Tall, blonde, elegant? Goes like a privy door when the plague is in town? *puts on tin hat* No? How 'bout tall, blonde and elegant with facial features that look as if they're chiselled from a solid block of granite?

With apologies to one of the greatest Finns to have ever put on the red shirt, (the other being Jari "Ooh what a great mullet I've got" Litmanen) the similarities are absolutely spot-on. Beshrew me, his progress is surely one to watch!

Note to self: These Blackadder marathon sessions have gotta stop...

It looked a peno from every angle apart from one where it clearly looks like a dive. He did start to go down before contact.

If he hadn't thrown in the exaggerated dive at the end he would have got the penalty no question. Coates dived in and left his leg there, luckily for us it was sideshow bob and not a proper striker educated in the dark arts.

The two games I have seen him,he has made one bad mistake in both and then been outstanding for the rest of the games.

I do see trouble on the horizon,as I pretty sure he is a regular now for his country.

So if he isnt getting regular games then maybe problems.

He's 3rd choice for Uruguay. He only played in the Copa America because Godin got injured.

....and then went on to win the best young player in the tournament award ?

Yep. At his age, it's all about how you handle stepping up. He handled it. He will again I reckon. He's fearless, composed and reads the game like a 30 year old. The intensity of the game here will be a challenge though.

On the Hyppia thing, it's funny I watched him in a load of games for Nacional and he was never dominant in the air. Not because he wasn't any good but because they just don't play that way over there. So there's a question mark on that for me. It was interesting seeing him play for them because almost all of my preconceptions were wrong!