You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I would be interested to read Roy Evans comments after this fixture.

He was quoted as saying after the Spurs home game last season that we, “did not have sufficient class “, to beat them.

If any of you come across a post match quip from RE on local radio or the Liverpool Echo please post it here.

Ta.

Meanwhile, don’t think it matters who plays right back, Dirk will be there to unselfishly help out and solve all our problems.

Roy didn’t say that, but I bet he’d like to.

Seing how Dzeko and City troubled Tottenham earlier i fancy us to do the same. Maybe not twat them like that since they are stronger now, and City really have some serious individual skill up front, but so do we and we have a similar attacking set up with Downing, Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy/Kuyt.

I think Carroll should start for sure, he needs to be abit smarter though, dont involve him too much in the build up, he's supposed to be in the opponents box, in there he can cause mayhem, look at how he started last season, it was in the box he caused trouble for teams and i suppose that's what we bought him for.

My Dad is Spurs, it is similar to Luke Skywalker's conflict with his father re: the good vs dark side of the Force. Who will prevail? Whose hand gets chopped off by the opponent? Honours even is my own personal prediction, one hand chopped off for each team.

My Dad is Spurs, it is similar to Luke Skywalker's conflict with his father re: the good vs dark side of the Force. Who will prevail? Whose hand gets chopped off by the opponent? Honours even is my own personal prediction, one hand chopped off for each team.

What does he think about 'Arry ?

Just interesting to know...

A bit disappointed that they played so many 'kids' in Europe this week - I was hoping they'd tire them themselves out. But they did look sluggish last year after European games, so maybe just the travel for those that did go will have an effect.

Come out of the blocks fast, I say, hit them with pace and take the opportunities (this time). Bellamy and Downing on the wings from the start. Duracell bunnies, Suarez and Kuyt in the middle. Carroll coming on a bit later once they're getting knackered.

Adam and Lucas to break it up in the middle. Leave Henderson on the bench this week, and if it all goes well bring Gerrard on at the end to start building his match fitness.

That's my plan Kenny, if you're doing any last minute swotting up on the TLW site!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm not all that confident about today's match. They're a good side, even if they're missing a few players. They've had a really sluggish start to the season, but they always seem to raise their game for us. I hope we can get an early goal to settle the game. A win today is important to keep us up the top areas in the early stages.

As for the team, I'm also a bit concerned about Bale vs Skrtel, but there's little choice. The only other choice is starting Coates and putting Carra up against him. That's not much of a choice at all, so it has to be Skrtel. I think Carroll should play. I think he should score. A hatrick. Or two.

This is make or break game in many ways. If can win win it we start looking up the table and wondering how far we can go. Anything less leaves us with a pretty average points total and some encouraging displays, but the feeling that 4th would probably be our ceiling for the year.

Hopefully today will be the day things come together for us, Saurez and Downing are both due goals today as have been knocking on the door in last few games but would love to see either Bellamy or Carroll bang one in think it would give everyone a boost.

I'm going for 3-1, Saurez Downing and Carroll.

AGENDA:

League Game 4/38: v Spurs (a)

KO: 12:30 GMT/13:30 Local 18 September

Host Broadcaster: BSKYB

Web: Streams

A European week in the wider world, can only mean a Sunday ko for us. Over there, all isn't rosy for Harry and co, and we need a result after last week's away game. We haven't got one there for a while, so even a point today isn't a bad return.