You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You think? You surprIse me, I think his work is average at best but yeah that's subjective, can't take to the guy on a personable level but then again that's only his public image so who knows what he's really like.

I don't get how you could dislike him. He comes across as humourous, intelligent and self deprecating.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a lot more chilled and some interesting stuff on there.

The last one obviously had some tracks left over from Oasis but this new stuff seems removed from that band.

Good to finally hear a couple of the Amorphous Androgynous tunes finally.

Looking forward to Tuesday also, glad that he can play less oasis stuff now he has two solo alums under his belt.

• Upvote 1

It's a lot more chilled and some interesting stuff on there. The last one obviously had some tracks left over from Oasis but this new stuff seems removed from that band. Good to finally hear a couple of the Amorphous Androgynous tunes finally.Looking forward to Tuesday also, glad that he can play less oasis stuff now he has two solo alums under his belt.

My favourite off the album is 'Dying of the light' mainly because it sounds like an old oasis b-side

I can't let go..

Also, 'lock all the doors' would be great, if Liam sang it.

While the song remains the same, for me. Great track.

Nod to Lock all The Doors (although I think his brother would struggle with the key it's in) and The Girl with the X-Ray Eyes. The Right Stuff is also an interesting one.

Nice to hear some saxophones and brass in this record though. Didn't expect it in places.

Bit of useless info. Read Lock all the doors goes back to 1994 the other day. Some of its early lyrics were used in Setting Sun.

Clocked the set-list after the Belfast gig. Looks boss. 

Thats two excellent albums he has released now. Arguably his best work since be here now (still think thats a class album). The guy is a legend. 

Shout it out loud was a b-side for stop crying your heart out, I always preferred the b-sides in that era. Carry us all is one of my favourite b-sides, i'd love to see that one day like 

• Upvote 1

The new album is good. Saw him in the 3arena in Dublin on Wed but the gig wasn't great. Bit subdued and I've no idea what the fuck the choir were there for. Looked like an afterthought. Still enjoyable and some of the new tunes are ace live

That venue looks a bit like a theatre .... acoustically I've heard its not all that for live music. 

That venue looks a bit like a theatre .... acoustically I've heard its not all that for live music.

It's actually one of the better places I've been to and the sound was ok. Just think it being a weds people weren't as up for it maybe. I enjoyed it like.

While the song remains the same, for me. Great track.Nod to Lock all The Doors (although I think his brother would struggle with the key it's in) and The Girl with the X-Ray Eyes. The Right Stuff is also an interesting one.Nice to hear some saxophones and brass in this record though. Didn't expect it in places.Bit of useless info. Read Lock all the doors goes back to 1994 the other day. Some of its early lyrics were used in Setting Sun.

There's a version of 'Lock All The Doors' on You Tube with Liam singing. It has lyrics from 'Sister Lover' as well.

• Upvote 1