You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sammy shown the door..

Lets get Paco back then or maybe Fowler?

Oh for fucks sake. Fowler? Does anyone actually want this club to do well or are they all only concerned with sentiment and getting in “Good Reds”? Fowler as assistant manager? Jesus.

Why not Jason MacAteer? Or Digger Barnes? Christ....

Oh for fucks sake. Fowler? Does anyone actually want this club to do well or are they all only concerned with sentiment and getting in “Good Reds”? Fowler as assistant manager? Jesus.

Get Ruddock in, someone with PASSION, not afraid to put his foot in, stay on his feet, likes the rough and tumble, put it in the mixer.

Guest San Don

Sammy's been a great servant to this club and its always sad to see such a person leave.

Good luck, Sammy and thanks for everything you have done at the club.

I agree about Digger. Move Kenny upstairs and give Digger the job. Its bound to work.

Jocky?

Big Al is a good call...Kenny's latest book highlights his influence alongside his own in the double winning year...and Scots attract Scots...Clarke an example....what Kenny demonstrated last season was confidence in his original format, changing players tactically, embracing youth...when you consider the changes at full back he made and how he deployed fringe players like Craig Johnston we are in essence seeing the same..interesting year ahead!

Liverpool FC confirmed today that Assistant Manager Sammy Lee has left the Club by mutual consent.

Team Manager Kenny Dalglish said: "We'd like to place on record our thanks for all of Sammy's hard work over the years and the contribution he has made to Liverpool. He has always been a credit to the Football Club and a credit to himself. Everyone at Liverpool FC wishes him all the best in his future career."

Sammy Lee said: "I returned to the Club in 2008 and I'm proud of the contribution I've been able to make since then. I want to wish Kenny, the players and the supporters all the best going forward."

The Club will continue to analyse the requirements of their backroom team and will make further announcements in due course.

No its not.

What has he done of note, Mick?

did an acceptable job at Coventry and did well at Leeds actually and was sacked pretty harshly after just one poor run having been top albeit that has worked out well for them with Grayson

Villa was poor but how much of that was down to him, baring in mind that Clarke was at West Ham when they nearly went down

not saying he should get the job mind although it would be nice if Kenny thinks he is up to it

When Agger came out with his comments recently praising clarke I meant to do a thread saying how sammy was the most underrated person at he club,now he has left.

This is a blow imo, a top top coach who has worked in the prem for almost every year it has existed and knows lfc inside out from the coaching side to the playing side.He was a great personality to have round and replacing a man who is a lfc legend and top coach with paul clement a coach who is just starting out and was a shit player is not something I would have done.

• Downvote 1