You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Barton had his medical today

Guest Boitol

Guest Nic

It's another f****** squad buy that doesn't improve the team. He's not better than Gerrard or Hamann. Our squad is big enough (look at Dave's recently updated player profiles section). It's a pointless waste of money if it's true; look at all the central midfielders we've got. We need to go for quality only.

I'd love it if it were still possible for us to get Scott Parker, because I reckon he'd be the perfect foil for SG in the middle of the park. Given that Chelsea already have way too many central midfielders and are looking at more in the summer (Emerson), it might not be impossible. Very unlikely, but you can only hope...

Makelele

Veron

Cole

Petit

Gronkjaer

Are all being fucked off in the summer apparently. Going to be quite a clear out.

Veron, no thanks

Cole, why not if he came at a decent price. Still think he's got an undeniable talent, and he may prosper along a player like gerrard.

Petit, no fucking way

Gronkjaer, wouldn't want that prick in my team in a million years

Makelele, see gronkjaer.

On the sell before we buy point, a mate in work said that Emily bought a new car from his mate in a BMW showroom in West Kirby as a celebration for his new deal with Birmingham City. He didn't say how much for, but that personal terms were agreed.

If it's true, I'd be astounded if we get more than £4m for him. However, what really struck me is his lack of ambition. He fails at Liverpool and celebrates a move to Birmingham. Good fucking riddance.

I would like Joe Cole... A player that with the right coach can blossom into a special player. He is a type of player that brings the unexpected into the team, and that is something we miss... Smicer can do it, but is never fit. At the right price Cole can be a bargain.

It amazes me that anyone can think Joe Cole is a decent player. He's the worst sort of money-grabbing little arsehole aorund. His silky skills never amount to anything and he has an amazing lack of ability in all other areas of football.

We don't need potential here, we've got that in droves. We need proven quality and unless anyone can prove me wrong, Joe Cole is not that.

Let him go to Spurs to rot, we don't need that kind of w#nker.

Think Wednesday night's game summed up Joe Cole perfectly. He did a sublime little back heel through a defender's legs then slipped a perfect ball thru to JFH only for the keeper to save it. After that he did f*ck all apart from miss a relatively simple volley which he could even have taken down and gone on with.

Personally I think he tries too hard to be flash and would be better off just playing the game. Don't think he'll ever change, and he's always going to have equal amounts of fans and critics because of his style.

On the sell before we buy point, a mate in work said that Emily bought a new car from his mate in a BMW showroom in West Kirby as a celebration for his new deal with Birmingham City. He didn't say how much for, but that personal terms were agreed.

A mate of mine in a car parts shop said Heskey came in and told him he'd buy seat covers this time next year with all his goal bonuses :-)