You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thatcher nearly DEAD!!!

Melchett

How about you stick it where the sun don't shine, pinko?

Right, well thanks for this interesting discussion. Presumably you were born automatically knowing everything there is to know about left-wing buzz-terms and never had to have anything explained to you ever. Or should I consider the possibility that none of you actually knows what they're talking about, and have decided to leap on anyone who asks an innocent question. Who knows.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, well thanks for this interesting discussion. Presumably you were born automatically knowing everything there is to know about left-wing buzz-terms and never had to have anything explained to you ever. Or should I consider the possibility that none of you actually knows what they're talking about, and have decided to leap on anyone who asks an innocent question. Who knows.

Ask your dad what I meant. He lived in a time when it still existed, albeit more faintly than your grandad.

Think some really decent lads on here are a bit hard on Stronts to be fair.

Think you're stretching the term "really decent" to breaking point there. Leaping on me like utter bastards because I was curious to know more isn't remotely decent.

Or maybe I'm just on the wrong "side", and therefore deserve to be treated like something they trod in in the street for the crime of trying to have a discussion.

Well Simon,lots of people like you not voting is exactly the reason why we have the current shower of cunts in power as the tories bank on lots of ordinary people not voting.

I dont belive any can sort this country out so i dont vote for any im not interested in politics and im not picking at random that imo is just plain wrong you vote if your commited and willing to accept changes i dont do things without being commited.

Not interested in Politics?

So you arent bothered whether you have a job or not,how much you pay for your food,etc,etc,etc.

I suggest you should if you want it to improve.

Taxes are going to rise and rise to astronomical prices i dont expect that to change by anyone Jobs obviously is one but the unemployment rates are huge and will be because people dont want to work. Fuck all the government can do about that if Benifits got stricter there would be higher crime.

Politics cannot be escaped. We are all subject to it, regardless of our wishes.

But that doesn't mean we have to form any allegiance to any specific party.

Nor does it mean those who never vote can't complain.

I'd far rather they offered a 'none of the above' protest vote. THEN I'd agree with the 'can't complain' mantra.

Some of us are tired of adversarial (for the sake of it) politics.

I have a lot of sympathy for the 'not interested in politics' folks - but I think they're failing to see how politics in inescapable. We ARE politics.

Politics cannot be escaped. We are all subject to it, regardless of our wishes.

But that doesn't mean we have to form any allegiance to any specific party.

Nor does it mean those who never vote can't complain.

I'd far rather they offered a 'none of the above' protest vote. THEN I'd agree with the 'can't complain' mantra.

Some of us are tired of adversarial (for the sake of it) politics.

I have a lot of sympathy for the 'not interested in politics' folks - but I think they're failing to see how politics in inescapable. We ARE politics.

Having a none political view is political is it not?

The party political system exists purely to maintain the status quo and deny the masses from having any voice. The sad thing is that initially well meaning souls get suckered into it.

Thats it the only voice you have is your vote. We cant sack the politician we cant vote against a plan basicly what they say goes i dont want any part of that and am not interested in that.

If someone truly cannot bring themselves to vote for a party - then that is a 'vote' still. Which is why I'd like a 'none of the above' option.

Sadly, I think most don't vote out of pure apathy or downright laziness rather than any genuine reluctance to offer support.

I know it's an extreme example, but if you were expected to vote for the Taliban, or A.N.Other oppressive regime, would it be wrong to abstain then? I don't think so. (of course, they'd never be given the option to abstain!).

I genuinely cannot subscribe to 'Labour is right' (pardon the phrase), 'Tory is wrong', 'LibDem is wishy washy'. It's absurd in the extreme.

I vote Labour, but they try my patience no end.

I dont belive any can sort this country out so i dont vote for any im not interested in politics and im not picking at random that imo is just plain wrong you vote if your commited and willing to accept changes i dont do things without being commited.

You're not interested in politics yet you're posting on here trying tell people who lived through Thatchers darkest what to think of her.

Unbelievable.

Thats it the only voice you have is your vote. We cant sack the politician we cant vote against a plan basicly what they say goes i dont want any part of that and am not interested in that.

But Simon you still have to live with the consequences of their decisions. You say your only voice is your vote then use it. Even if you vote for a monkey, the Monster Raving Looney Party or the even UKIP, then you're using your voice. If enough people use their voice that way, they have to sit up and notice. Unfortunately mate, saying you don't want any part of it doesn't mean you can just opt out and not be affected by politics. That's like swimming in the ocean and thinking you're safe because you don't believe in sharks. They believe in you.

You're not interested in politics yet you're posting on here trying tell people who lived through Thatchers darkest what to think of her.

Unbelievable.

No im fucking not im trying to stop our dickhead fans fucking the families chances of being heard and getting justice all fucked up. Im really begining to despise your attutude recently i dont know what i have done but it seems as if you have something against me. Constantly trying to make me look a cunt.

But Simon you still have to live with the consequences of their decisions. You say your only voice is your vote then use it. Even if you vote for a monkey, the Monster Raving Looney Party or the even UKIP, then you're using your voice. If enough people use their voice that way, they have to sit up and notice. Unfortunately mate, saying you don't want any part of it doesn't mean you can just opt out and not be affected by politics. That's like swimming in the ocean and thinking you're safe because you don't believe in sharks. They believe in you.

Good points but i vote none of the above because i dont listen to them i dont know what the country needs so none of them can convince me what it needs to me its like Algerbra pointless maths that have no effect and life because its already made up its mind. Untill the day comes where i can sack the PM for making a complete bollox of things the i want no part. Untill the government asks the British people what britain wants then im not interested. They are supposed to do for the people but they dont they do for them selves take when that purple powder was thrown in parliment. Could of been anything and what do these people that care for the countrys inhabitants do? they run out side to spread it they should of been sacked for that. Like a soldier they should be giving there chance of there life for there job and not be putting inocents in danger.

Step away from the crack pipe and go to bed.

For once things are being pursued seriously theres many people on the side and now fans that know fuck all that just wanna be heard are gonna start stupid chants that's makes them no better. Im not saying protect her im not saying i support her but 23 years is a long time and could fuck it all up and make it pointless as will just be seen as militants and she when she does die will be seen as some great woman let it be heard how bad she is but dont sing songs about dancing on her demise. Media is a very powerful thing dont give them the wrong influence.

Scousers in not liking Thatcher shocker, Simon? It's hardly printable news, and in any case won't affect the outcome of any judicial process. If anything it might even garner us more support. Who scaremongered you with that rubbish?

By the way, I resent your implication that hating Thatcher equates to knowing fuck all. I think your stance here rather reflects that accusation back on you, particularly given your youth.

If you don't listen to them then how do you know what the country needs and whether they can deliver?

You said before that the only voice we have is that one vote. If you refuse to use that then how do you expect things to change? You don't even have to pick someone. Just get your arse in the polling station and spoil your vote. At least that way your dissatisfaction is registered. Instead, not turning up is tacit approval of what the current lot in power are doing.