You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for the club, assuming the money's invested back into the squad or a new stadium/redvelopment. And I think fears of us lining up in an electric blue shirt with pink zig-zags across it are unfounded. They've invested a lot of money to produce our shirts, so it wouldn't really be in their best interests to make one that no cunt wants to wear, would it. In any case, I'd imagine the club wouldv'e laid down certain criteria for what the shirt looks like.

Amusing to see the label whores, both here and on other forums, complaining about the deal because they wont have the three stripes on their shirt any more: "Ay, we wont win fuck all because we can't afford to invest in players, but look at the badge on my shirt. That's fucking Adidas that is, la."

This is an amazing deal for Liverpool FC. Things are really happening on and off the pitch, and that's something that none of us here could have ever dared think of just a little over six months ago. Henry and FSG are really doing all in their power to maximise what they have here and really make it work. They're DOING, rather than just mouthing off about doing.

It really saddens me to think back to the horrific inertia after Istanbul and all that it could, and indeed should have brought in terms of marketing. Neither Reebok nor Carlsberg did a damn thing to capitalise on the fact they were shirt suppliers and sponsors respectively to the European Champions. Rick Parry didn't exactly help the cause, either.

Excellent deal that is a further sign that we may now be owned by people that actually know what they are doing. Also highlights just how badly screwed we were on earlier deals under the previous regimes.

Going forward we should have a kit that's unique to the club. Hate the fact that Adidas, Nike etc make kits to a template so that numerous clubs and countries all wear pretty much the same kit other than crest, sponsor and colour. While I like Adidas sportswear I always thought the three stripes meant too much white on the home kit and moved away from Shankly's idea of an intimidating all red strip.

Are the players now going to run out the tunnel to this?

[YOUTUBE]j0gYVCJZkRc[/YOUTUBE]

People that think they'll be making an ice hockey shirt for us are retarded. This is FSG's first football team too. Does that mean they sold torres and replaced him with baseball players in January?

Idiots.

Some LFC fans remind me of Dougal off Father Ted:

'Would you like this spoon'

'Wow yeah, if I had that spoon it would be amazing'.

You could have told many of them we were signing newsreader Dermot Murnahan as our new centre back and we were getting our kits made out of Asbestos and they would crack open a bottle of champers at this new 'AMAZING NEWS'.

Revisionism is fine but nobody will win the league wearing a PONY kit or such shite as this is likely to be.

Revisionism is fine but nobody will win the league wearing a PONY kit or such shite as this is likely to be.

So you're complaining because the corporation that is going to be making our kits isn't big enough...

Dennis Tooth, you surprise me.

Going forward we should have a kit that's unique to the club. Hate the fact that Adidas, Nike etc make kits to a template so that numerous clubs and countries all wear pretty much the same kit other than crest, sponsor and colour. While I like Adidas sportswear I always thought the three stripes meant too much white on the home kit and moved away from Shankly's idea of an intimidating all red strip.

when you say ' all red strip' what do you mean? because in Shanklys era they had White collar and White on the sleeves,the current Adidas kit doesn't, just has white 3 stripes, same difference , We have never had an all red strip

when you say ' all red strip' what do you mean? because in Shanklys era they had White collar and White on the sleeves,the current Adidas kit doesn't, just has white 3 stripes, same difference , We have never had an all red strip

The Reebok one from 2004-06 was all red. Unless you count the small white squares under the armpits.

So you're complaining because the corporation that is going to be making our kits isn't big enough...

Dennis Tooth, you surprise me.

They are all corporations, these are just highjacking our name to 'enter the soccer market' with a generic bland style that is all over their website.

I want one that is competant at making footy kits, with style and comfort not janitor apparel or knitted jumper manufacturers just cos they paid the highest price.

This is up there with 'Chang' beer sponsorship, fucking Tranmere have a better manufacturer than this.

Let's see how many people want to wear one when they come out. Christ I thought the reebok stuff was shite.

Really? How does that work then? Players too embarrassed to score lest they get photographed in a shirt with a 'Warrior' logo on it?

I can't see how the logo on the front of the shirt will impact in any way on our chances of winning anything, although I think the extra £13m+ we can spend each season on players because of the logo on the front of the shirt might just help.

Really? How does that work then? Players too embarrassed to score lest they get photographed in a shirt with a 'Warrior' logo on it?

I can't see how the logo on the front of the shirt will impact in any way on our chances of winning anything, although I think the extra £13m+ we can spend each season on players because of the logo on the front of the shirt might just help.

We'll be a laughing stock, money won't buy that kit love. I really dread the 'unveiling' when it is released and I doubt any player is going to play in it. I felt Reina has been told all sorts of assurances and I had hoped we could keep him but now this happens and you naturally panic that he will get wind of this news and we are back to square one as he has the dignity not to look like a total banana no matter how much someone is paying him. Was this manufacturer agreed with Purslow and Hodgson still in charge as I doubt Kenny will want to wear this garbage or would sanction it?

After all Kenny has done to raise spirits and get the confidence of the squad up this must feel like a kick in the face.

If this is our plan to get even or compete with the big spenders, the Man Citys and Chelseas of this world then it is sure to fail. No one ever won the league looking like a banana and the shitest kits tend to get relegated or not do very well at all historically.

Probably should have said mostly red. Obviously there has been some white trim, collar n cuffs on the jersey but this was at least paired with red shorts and socks. Adidas three strips appear on Shirt, Shorts and Socks and so have more white then most of the non Adidas kits

yeatswithcollins65facf.jpg

I'd consider this mostly if not quite all red

We'll be a laughing stock, money won't buy that kit love. I really dread the 'unveiling' when it is released and I doubt any player is going to play in it. I felt Reina has been told all sorts of assurances and I had hoped we could keep him but now this happens and you naturally panic that he will get wind of this news and we are back to square one as he has the dignity not to look like a total banana no matter how much someone is paying him. Was this manufacturer agreed with Purslow and Hodgson still in charge as I doubt Kenny will want to wear this garbage or would sanction it?

After all Kenny has done to raise spirits and get the confidence of the squad up this must feel like a kick in the face.

If this is our plan to get even or compete with the big spenders, the Man Citys and Chelseas of this world then it is sure to fail. No one ever won the league looking like a banana and the shitest kits tend to get relegated or not do very well at all historically.

You really believe that players will refuse to wear the kit because it's made by Warrior and not Adidas, and that this deal will see Reina go? None of us even know what the kit will look like yet, so it's a tad premature IMO to be saying we'll be a laughing stock in it. And if people are laughing just because it's not made by a household brand name, well they can fuck off anyway, like I give a fuck for their opinion.