You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Remember reading an article in the Echo not long back about Everton's much lauded ( rightly so ) work in the community. It stated they would be closing down projects through lack of funding and certain funds being cut? Government funds? So not from them then? Who'd have thought.

Can't believe we've drawn 8 out of the last 12 against them. Talk about throwing away an easy eight wins. They're brutal.

It's their cup final and they raised their game. They have no other rivalry with any other club so they save their performances for this game. Most of their players know all they have to do is score against us and they become a legend. Now it's just get booked for clattering one of our better players.

They revert to type the week after and become shite. Loads of people have been saying that this year's Arsenal team are the shittest for years and gutless but they've twatted Everton 5-1 at home and 5-2 away. They always bend over for the Mancs and hardly ever do anything against Spurs or Chelsea. Even Man City bar that freak 4-0 last year.

Amazed it has taken so long for people to wake up and scrutinise this deal. Amazed.

From a security/guarantee point of view it just about stacked up when Everton were supposed to be putting in a big chunk of their own cash. The Council taking all the risk and Everton taking none puts it into an entirely different category of deal - it's a gamble now, not an investment.

• Upvote 1

Never mind the Arteta money; where's the council money gone, Bill ?

Listening to Talkshite on the way home as I stumbled on it and they had callers on about Everton. Most saying Sam has got to go and Dyche in. This one chap was banging school of science and about how this club listens to its fans and acts on their interest.

The club listens to the fans but still has never answered the big question about the world famous Arteta money.

Listening to Talkshite on the way home as I stumbled on it and they had callers on about Everton. Most saying Sam has got to go and Dyche in. This one chap was banging school of science and about how this club listens to its fans and acts on their interest.

The club listens to the fans but still has never answered the big question about the world famous Arteta money.

Fat Sam keeps on giving.......

Sam Allardyce interesting on Davy Klaassen. Said wants to pick him, but added “I don't have the luxury of saying, ‘go on, give it a go, lad’ because if we lose, it's me that gets the stick.”

If this falls through will they ever leave Woodison?. Even though they've got a billionaire and is a front for Usmanov they are still no richer than most clubs outside the top six. It doesn't bode well that they are unlikely to be able to fund a stadium themselves.

There was talk that they would move to Stone Bridge Cross by Croxteth but that doesn't regenerate a dockland for Peel Holdings. There would be very little overall value to the city for that scheme.

Watford have submitted a planning application to build a new stand to bring their capacity up to 30k and Crystal Palace are rebuilding their ground to get it up to 40k. Wolves will have a redeveloped stadium by the time they are promoted but Everton are fucking about pretending to build their 4th stadium.

They take the piss out of our loft conversion as they call it but it's already earned 12m without a season in Europe and will be paid off in 5 years.

• Upvote 1

GOT taking it well

There is an underlying illness of hate amongst your fans towards anyone who gets close to standing in your way of a trophy. It bubbled close to the surface with your coach welcoming committee. 
It’s not a matter of if, but when, this illness will bubble over the top and some poor fan or fans will pay the ultimate price. 
The stain you brought on my great City and continue to bring, without any hint of shame, is unforgivable for me. 
Personally I don’t care if you won a 4 timer season after season, but opposing fans should be able to attend games without fear, they simply can’t with you lot.

People dont hate Liverpool in European competition so much as fear them. The potential for loss of life or limb becomes exponentially greater as the rounds pass.

With respect, they are no match for Murder Incorporated. 

I would fear for Roma fans lives.