You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

This is ace. We should get a TLW army together, and in the early hours of a Sunday morning we should paint all the roads that border Goodison red, ringfencing it, and preventing them from entering because they won't walk across red tarmac.

• Upvote 3

This is ace. We should get a TLW army together, and in the early hours of a Sunday morning we should paint all the roads that border Goodison red, ringfencing it, and preventing them from entering because they won't walk across red tarmac.

Good idea - but that useless fat cunt Joe Anderson is burning all the red tarmac off!

There was a recent rumour about Red Bull wanting to invest in an English club, and Everton were named as one of the possibles. I can just imagine that conversation:

Red Bull rep: Hello Mr Kenwright. We at Red Bull are thinking of buying your club. We will offer a considerable sum to purchase the club, and we have the resources to invest further significant sums in the team as well as develop a new stadium to take the club into the elite.

BGB: Go on.

Red Bull rep: Of course, we would become the team's main sponsor and have our name across the shirts, and we would also have stadium naming rights. It's just an idea at present, but we were thinking of maybe calling it the Red Bull Arena. Perhaps the club could become the Everton Re....

BGB hangs up and dials another number.

BGB: Hello, is that the owner of Blue Stratos? It is? Why hello there, it's Bill K from Everton, and I wanted to talk to you about possibly investing in this esteemed institution...

Blue Stratos rep: Dear Mr Kenwright, thank you for your interest, but I'm afraid we don't have the funds for such an investment. Nobody has bought our after shaves since the 80s...

BGB: That's why you're perfect for us! You're blue! BLUE! BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Put that on the shirts and the money will come rolling in. It will be just like the good times.

Blue Stratos rep: I'm afraid all we can offer is a couple of gift sets...

BGB: Send them through my good man!

BGB hangs up.

BGB: (to his PA) We'll have to make sure Howard doesn't get his hands on them. Best put away the Canada Dry too, just to be on the safe side.

BGB's PA: Yes Bill.

BGB: (to himself) Bill, you've done it again, old son! Wait till the fans hear of this. They'll LOVE it! Ah, I love the smell of Blue Stratos in the morning. Smell like...victory!

BGB's PA: (to herself) Smells more like 'Desperate Old Man' personally, but to each their own I guess.

• Upvote 5

Not everyone feels the most appropriate way of displaying respect for the war dead is by wearing a poppy as they feel the meaning has been politically hijacked and it has come to symbolise nationalism and jingoism. A few prefer to wear a white pacifist poppy.  

The there are those who are just apathetic as they probably are to most issues. 

So what was Everton Football Club's message in displaying blue poppies? If they were supposed to be putting on a show of respect for the eyes of the nation or the world then they failed because to most onlookers it would have looked like they at best trivialised the matter and put football tribalism and parochialism before genuine respect.

And they go on about the t-shirts!

pffff... 

Judging by their attendcance figures it looks this has been happening for most cup games.

I see there was a spat today between martinez and AVB with Martinez saying in reference to Lukaku contacting Lloris;

"Obviously we are waiting for Roberto Soldado to apologise to Phil Jagielka first, so we don't have to spend on two phone calls."

You can just imagine Martinez and the senior players laughing and high fiveing each other with Kenwright just out of shot wondering what the fuck is funny ??

long story but my brother got into football very late, part of the sky generation. He started following Everton when he was 25, he's now 48. he will NEVER drink Carlsberg. A few years back he wouldnt have Walkers Crisp in the house because of the 'Cheese & Owen' promotion thingy they had at the time. He had a 40th Bday party not long after Istanbul & i wore a Liverpool polo shirt with 'Istanbul 5 times' on the chest & his Mrs wouldnt let me in to it! He came down to mine to fix my PC last week in my absence & my son made him a cuppa in my LFC mug & he refused to drink from it, even though he does it to me with his EFC mug, i just drink it as if to prove a point. Fuckin horrible bitter bastards. Most of the old Blues are ok, its the new generation that are cunts.

• Upvote 1

Never understood that stuff... but I've seen City and United fans doing it too. Classic lines are:

1) "I've never set foot in the swamp"

2) "I couldn't live next door to a red"

3) "I disown my kid if he supported that lot" etc

I thought these fans were supposed to enjoy following a football team. It's not a bloody sectarian regime, or religious cult.

It's sad too that when you have something like Hillsborough, people manage to see beyond the rivalry. So why not manage it while people are actually still alive to enjoy it with?

Nothing wrong with taking the piss at a club's fortunes etc, that's what the rivalry is about - but not drinking from mug? not wearing a colour? - insanity.

And are they REALLY saying they'd rather not go into their rivals ground than actually support their team? Think about that - they'd actually decline to support the team in the stadium than go inside it? hmmm ... strange kind of fan to me.

• Upvote 1

long story but my brother got into football very late, part of the sky generation. He started following Everton when he was 25, he's now 48. he will NEVER drink Carlsberg. A few years back he wouldnt have Walkers Crisp in the house because of the 'Cheese & Owen' promotion thingy they had at the time. He had a 40th Bday party not long after Istanbul & i wore a Liverpool polo shirt with 'Istanbul 5 times' on the chest & his Mrs wouldnt let me in to it! He came down to mine to fix my PC last week in my absence & my son made him a cuppa in my LFC mug & he refused to drink from it, even though he does it to me with his EFC mug, i just drink it as if to prove a point. Fuckin horrible bitter bastards. Most of the old Blues are ok, its the new generation that are cunts.

I wouldn't drink out of an everton cup though to be fair 

Reminds me a bit of United fans giving it large and being obnoxious wankers about their success.

'Oh we had to suffer it from you lot for years, so we're gonna rub it in now. You lot can just suffer it.'

And what did you think the Liverpool fans who were gloating years ago were like?

'Cunts, absolute cunts.'

So by definition, you are.......