You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

It seems strange to be on the eve of a derby with the respective managers trying to implement a similar approach and style to their team.

Across the park I've  noticed there are a lot of dissenters coming to the surface since the Palace draw deriding the system Martinez is trying to implement as ' tippy tappy', ' no end product', 'boring', 'slow', which to be fair just echoes some of our own fans' reservations which are still aired now when we don't play well. 

I hesitate to use the word 'sympathise' but I can understand their frustrations because when the system doesn't work it's tempting to want us to abandon the 'philosophy' and start mixing it up a bit more, getting into teams' faces and seize the initiative.

When it clicks and the players look like they are getting to grips it's great to watch and effective.

I'm hoping our one season's head start on them will give us the edge next week and we are able to turn the crowd's frustration to our own advantage. If we can start well I can see them getting on the players' backs and us getting the 3 points.

Everton do my head in. Who do they think they are? I can't believe their fans are moaning after the good start to the season they have made. Fair play to Distin for going over to have a chat with the fan/s there, but the fella is, unfortunately, wasting his time. Bitter blues. Spewing bile. And on their own players - who have made a good start!

Moyes has cemented Everton as a decent upper mid table outfit. I was hoping they would slip back a bit this season but they have been lucky to benefit from the stockpiling of players that goes on at the richest clubs. Chelsea didn't want anyone else to have Lukaku so they bought him because they could. Then they sent him out on loan for two seasons to see if he could turn into the new Drogba - pace, power, and goals. Fair play to the fella, he is giving it a good go. 

A decent side would never benefit from a loan like that, because Chelsea would not want to strengthen a rival. It's one thing letting Moses go on loan, and quite another letting Lukaku go. Different class of player. So Everton have been lucky there. Their true level will thus be elevated several places due to the benevolence of Chelsea. The same goes for Barry. Decent player. Couldn't get a game at City. They don't want to strengthen any rivals, but they are happy to let him go to a club a step below, in the hope that he will help against City's true rivals. 

Everton have benefitted from two loans there. When Lukaku goes back to Chelsea next season we will see what they are made of. Do they have enough to attract a decent striker? Or will it be another player at the level of Anichebe or Jelavic? I suspect the latter, and they will slip from (my guess) about 8th this season to 12/13th next season. Hopefully fighting relegation not too long after that.

As for the derby, they will be well up for it, as usual. It's their cup final. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't slightly concerned, largely because of Lukaku. If our own approach is right I think we can beat them, and then if we keep it going we have three very winnable games after that, before some really hard away fixtures. 

Anyway, one step at a time. Let's beat the bitter blues. 

• Upvote 6

Everton do my head in. Who do they think they are? I can't believe the fans are moaning after the good start to the season they have made. Fair play to Distin for going over to have a chat with the fan/s there, but the fella is, unfortunately, wasting his time. Bitter blues. Spewing bile. And on their own players - who have made a good start!

Moyes has cemented Everton as a decent upper mid table outfit. I was hoping they would slip back a bit this season but they have been lucky to benefit from the stockpiling of players that goes on at the richest clubs. Chelsea didn't want anyone else to have Lukaku so they bought him because they could. Then they sent him out on loan for two seasons to see if he could turn into the new Drogba - pace, power, and goals. Fair play to the fella, he is giving it a good go. 

A decent side would never benefit from a loan like that, because Chelsea would not want to strengthen a rival. It's one thing letting Moses go on loan, and quite another letting Lukaku go. Different class of player. So Everton have been lucky there. Their true level will thus be elevated several places due to the benevolence of Chelsea. The same goes for Barry. Decent player. Couldn't get a game at City. They don't want to strengthen any rivals, but they are happy to let him go to a club a step below, in the hope that he will help against City's true rivals. 

Everton have benefitted from two loans there. When Lukaku goes back to Chelsea next season we will see what they are made of. Do they have enough to attract a decent striker? Or will it be another player at the level of Anichebe or Jelavic? I suspect the latter, and they will slip from (my guess) about 8th this season to 12/13th next season. Hopefully fighting relegation not too long after that.

As for the derby, they will be well up for it, as usual. It's their cup final. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't slightly concerned, largely because of Lukaku. If our own approach is right I think we can beat them, and then if we keep it going we have three very winnable games after that, before some really hard away fixtures. 

Anyway, one step at a time. Let's beat the bitter blues. 

ha I know, have they all woken up in some sort of shallow hal dream and think they are fucking barcelona? 

Dickheads 

Hope we bum them 

Does Gerrard always pull out of England friendlies? On one of the everton message boards they are saying its a not good for a England captain and he always does it, obviously they are just angry because they're thinking how it might affect the derby and couldn't give a shit about what he does in the position of England captain but I don't understand how they would think he always does this if he's got 107 caps...?

Does Gerrard always pull out of England friendlies? On one of the everton message boards they are saying its a not good for a England captain and he always does it, obviously they are just angry because they're thinking how it might affect the derby and couldn't give a shit about what he does in the position of England captain but I don't understand how they would think he always does this if he's got 107 caps...?

He doesn't do it often enough for me.

• Upvote 3

He doesn't do it often enough for me.

He's being given a painkilling injection so Hodgson can include him in the F.A. 'Showpiece' wednesday squad v Germany. Remember the farce not so long ago when he the Liverpool medical team declared him unfit to train but he was forced to travel south to join up with the squad only to be sent back unfit by the England medical team.

Difficult to think of a player less likely to want to pull out of England games and like many on here I wish he'd fucked England off with Carra. 

He's being given a painkilling injection so Hodgson can include him in the F.A. 'Showpiece' wednesday squad v Germany. Remember the farce not so long ago when he the Liverpool medical team declared him unfit to train but he was forced to travel south to join up with the squad only to be sent back unfit by the England medical team.

Difficult to think of a player less likely to want to pull out of England games and like many on here I wish he'd fucked England off with Carra. 

This pain killing injection bullshit is irritating the shit out of me. We're second in the league with the derby next weekend and our captain is having a fucking pain killing injection so he can play a pointless fucking friendly 4 days before a massive game. Fuck off.

• Upvote 9

This pain killing injection bullshit is irritating the shit out of me. We're second in the league with the derby next weekend and our captain is having a fucking pain killing injection so he can play a pointless fucking friendly 4 days before a massive game. Fuck off.

The sentiment is right but the decision will be Gerrard's and he obviously wants to play.

Shambolic

Not even 1000 Germans will be at Wembley as it is a pointless showpiece.

England hate Germany but Germany dont give a toss.

The Captain should know that LFC are in a good position, he is part of our good start and wants to be part of our future success then he should have a word with Roy.

Not as if Roy would ditch his Captain before a tournament.

Hodgson was also waxing lyrical about talking Gerrard out of retirement after the World Cup. This is fucking ridiculous. If he needs an injection keep him out. It's only a fucking friendly. 

But at the end of the day it's Gerrard who needs to have a word with himself. Does he want to play for England after the WC, or extend his carreer with us? If he chooses to stay with England I'd look to replace him.

• Upvote 3

it was obvious that Gerrard won't rest and will chase Beckham's caps record. He should have a break from this pointless friendly and prepare for the Merseyside derby, but no, it's Stevie Me risking missing important game. Typical "this-season-performance" against everton is expected and I'm afraid we will struggle, just as we've struggled against any decent midfield this season, we need Gerrard fit & up to it, but I hope Suarez & Sturridge will score enough to win

• Upvote 1

it was obvious that Gerrard won't rest and will chase Beckham's caps record. He should have a break from this pointless friendly and prepare for the Merseyside derby, but no, it's Stevie Me risking missing important game. Typical "this-season-performance" against everton is expected and I'm afraid we will struggle, just as we've struggled against any decent midfield this season, we need Gerrard fit & up to it, but I hope Suarez & Sturridge will score enough to win

If he has an injection for a friendly, then that would be silly and someone should have a word with him.

But otherwise, I don't see the issue with him wanting to play for his country, especially as he is captain. Whocares if he wants to get as many caps as possible? Most players do.

I'm sure he'll be right up for the Derby and it wouldn't surprise me if he is the best player on the pitch, he usually is in those games. He was last season.

"Stevie Me"

Give over.

• Upvote 3