You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

When it matters they don’t win a league game for three months.

So they’re saying Klopp has not really been a success despite them owning Don Carlo’s trophies while he was here, what did they win again? Won the league by September Trophy was it. 
I would sooner support Breck Rd FC than them.

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

State of this.

The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]

• Klopp doing his best to retain his reputation as a bottler

Posted by ajeinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on April 14, 2024, 4:30 pm, in reply to "At this rate, it'll be Weißwurst and a Luke warm Brezel in Klopp's living room. nt."

I believe that when he arrived at Liverpool he was famous for losing finals

Yes he had two Bundasliga's with Dortmund, but he lost the Champions League final that he took them to.

At Liverpool he's won a champions league (against Tottenham !) and lost one.

He's won 1 league title across his 9 seasons there. And that was the pandemic freak show. In his first season he got to two cup finals and lost them both.

2022 they pick up domestic cup double, but is that really a good return given the quality they've had over such a long period of time?

If they win the league this season it means Klopp goes ahead of legendary PL managers such as Pellegrini, Mancini and Raniera. If they don't, he's at their level, albeit with a couple of cup wins. About par with Ancelotti (in England only).

But he's a bottler.

For all the "Everton that" narrative don't forget:

- Liverpool 1989 only need to lose by 1 goal, they lose 2-0
    - 2014 they are 3-0 up against Palace and go for goal difference, end up drawing

Yes they've had comebacks of their own, and trophies. I thought to myself losing finals is part and parcel of winning them, and I'd much rather get to many and win a few than the alternative. But his legacy is underwhelming when judged on winning things

Liverpool bottle it

When it matters, we win

3-2 vs Wimbledon
    3-2 vs Palace
    1-0 vs Bournemouth

We're shit but we don't got down. That's Everton.

"Everton that" means surviving.
    "Liverpool that" means everyone blowing smoke up your arse but you don't actually win much

So much confusion, contradiction and cognitive dissonance. It's amazing how hard people will try to make themselves feel better about their inferiority complex.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Piss easy route to the final in Istanbul and fluked the win from 3 nil down to an over the hill Milan team …..

Who did they struggle to beat in their cup winners cup win? Some Irish school? 

University College Dublin. A bloo I work with went to this game and said their ground was just like Wavertee Sports Centre. They only beat them 1-0 on aggregate and nearly conceded an away goal at goodison in the last minute. Therefore the self titled best ever team not to win the European Cup would never have won a European trophy. 

They then played the mighty Slovan Bratislava, Fortuna Sittard, Bayern Munich (fair enough) then Rapid Vienna in the final. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

University College Dublin. A bloo I work with went to this game and said their ground was just like Wavertee Sports Centre. They only beat them 1-0 on aggregate and nearly conceded an away goal at goodison in the last minute. Therefore the self titled best ever team not to win the European Cup would never have won a European trophy. 

They then played the mighty Slovan Bratislava, Fortuna Sittard, Bayern Munich (fair enough) then Rapid Vienna in the final. 

And even Bayern had only been in the top 3 of the Bundesliga once in the previous 3 years ( hence them being in ECWC in the first place )

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

State of this.

The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]

• Klopp doing his best to retain his reputation as a bottler

Posted by ajeinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on April 14, 2024, 4:30 pm, in reply to "At this rate, it'll be Weißwurst and a Luke warm Brezel in Klopp's living room. nt."

I believe that when he arrived at Liverpool he was famous for losing finals

Yes he had two Bundasliga's with Dortmund, but he lost the Champions League final that he took them to.

At Liverpool he's won a champions league (against Tottenham !) and lost one.

He's won 1 league title across his 9 seasons there. And that was the pandemic freak show. In his first season he got to two cup finals and lost them both.

2022 they pick up domestic cup double, but is that really a good return given the quality they've had over such a long period of time?

If they win the league this season it means Klopp goes ahead of legendary PL managers such as Pellegrini, Mancini and Raniera. If they don't, he's at their level, albeit with a couple of cup wins. About par with Ancelotti (in England only).

But he's a bottler.

For all the "Everton that" narrative don't forget:

- Liverpool 1989 only need to lose by 1 goal, they lose 2-0
    - 2014 they are 3-0 up against Palace and go for goal difference, end up drawing

Yes they've had comebacks of their own, and trophies. I thought to myself losing finals is part and parcel of winning them, and I'd much rather get to many and win a few than the alternative. But his legacy is underwhelming when judged on winning things

Liverpool bottle it

When it matters, we win

3-2 vs Wimbledon
    3-2 vs Palace
    1-0 vs Bournemouth

We're shit but we don't got down. That's Everton.

"Everton that" means surviving.
    "Liverpool that" means everyone blowing smoke up your arse but you don't actually win much

Don't actually win much = most successful club in England 

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Isn’t today D-Day for 777?

i think they ask for a delay from MSP didn't they (I think that's what I saw reported last week)? I don't know if they got it. it could be MSP our now the proud 25% owners of an incomplete stadium on the banks of the royal bloo mersey. 

Fair play to Everton for the Hillsborough stuff.

As for their appeal against the latest deduction, maybe the question to ask Everton (and especially their fans) is: Would you deem the initial deductions (10 and 5 points respectively) to be fair if it was Liverpool that had breached PSR through the same actions and to the same extent? Of course we know the answer to that one.