You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

It looks like thePremier League have decided to act now after receiving letters from all the rest of the shite at the bottom of the table threatening legal action if they go down and the Everton situation is still lingering.

Apparently, they were cleared by the premier league based on their accounts that had not been audited but after audited accounts were submitted, they realised that they had been taking the piss.

I think the Premier League will have to bum them big time to save themselves from potential lawsuits.

I think that the info about them going out of business if they get relegated is just they're to try garner sympathy and a way out. "Look lads, we're an institution and we need a bit of help. Ye can't let us go out of business, it'll be a massive cultural loss"

They don't know the meaning of losing either. Says so in their song

8 hours ago, Fugitive said:

It looks like thePremier League have decided to act now after receiving letters from all the rest of the shite at the bottom of the table threatening legal action if they go down and the Everton situation is still lingering.

Apparently, they were cleared by the premier league based on their accounts that had not been audited but after audited accounts were submitted, they realised that they had been taking the piss.

I think the Premier League will have to bum them big time to save themselves from potential lawsuits.

Should have happen last year when Burnley and Leeds raised it.

• Upvote 1

Not being from or ever living in Liverpool, if this happens, I do feel for the reds who’ll get the brunt of this, feels like it could be civil war.

Given who most of youse talk about The Ev make them sound like foaming at the mouth head cases at the mere mention of football, I can only assume this will be amplified 100%. 

It’ll be constantly liking feeding Gizmo after midnight. 

Long-ish term, say in 25 years, we’ll be the best supported side in the land. With the ground an extra noose round their neck, I can see a worse scenario than Leeds. No kids are going to want to grow up supporting an Ev languishing in lower divisions…

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not being from or ever living in Liverpool, if this happens, I do feel for the reds who’ll get the brunt of this, feels like it could be civil war.

Given who most of youse talk about The Ev make them sound like foaming at the mouth head cases at the mere mention of football, I can only assume this will be amplified 100%. 

It’ll be constantly liking feeding Gizmo after midnight. 

Long-ish term, say in 25 years, we’ll be the best supported side in the land. With the ground an extra noose round their neck, I can see a worse scenario than Leeds. No kids are going to want to grow up supporting an Ev languishing in lower divisions…

It’s ok, we’ll just close the tunnels to traffic from Rhyl.

Whatever way you square it, Moshiri has basically kept them afloat with the either his own money, Uzzy’s money channeled through him, or a combination of both. The club is probably worth half of that. No investors will touch them until everything is resolved. And he still has to find another £250m of funding to finish the white elephant on the dock.

Those auditor notes are scary as fuck for any Evertonian that can read. All they have is a letter of intent, not binding, from a man scared to go to his own club and not welcome either.

A phrase that springs to mind.

SmartSelect_20230401_090358_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

Oh dear  as an impatial observer i hope the bottom 8 clubs are all putting pressure on the prem league to act

I’ll bet West Ham especially will be pressuring the PL hard. They will do anything to preserve their top flight status, I haven’t forgotten how Karen Brady was one of the biggest protagonists in trying to get the season cancelled when Covid hit and we had the league already won. 

10 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

Oh dear  as an impatial observer i hope the bottom 8 clubs are all putting pressure on the prem league to act

When they put their £170m loss down to Covid then the PL should have told them to fuck off and the rest of the league, particularly the ones who got relegated and lost more money should have jumped all over them.

Everton's gate money is only around 15m a year compared to ours, Man utd and Arsenal which is all around the £90m-£100m mark. They haven't been in Europe for 6 years and never stay in any cup competitions beyond the end of January.

So how can they lose more money due to Covid when teams who have larger gate revenue, play more games and lose out on reduced sponsored CL money?.

Their excuse was that the players they planned to sell were x amount yet there was no evidence of them planning to sell these players, who they were going to sell them to and whether any of these clubs had actually bid for them. It was just a made up figure. Like FSG hypothetically saying we could have sold Mane or Salah to PSG, Barcelona or Real for £100m each but for Covid. 

• Upvote 1