You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good Italian Restaurants in Liverpool

Carradona

I know someone started a thread on here a few weeks ago about good restaurants in Liverpool, but I can't find it with the search function, so I've had to make a new one.

Any of you guys have good experiences of going to Italian restaurants in Liverpool? If so, where was it?

Cheers.

How come you can't book a table for two at Jamie's Italian? What a fucking idiot. The minimum you can book for is six, apparently. I wanted to go there, but I don't want to turn up and not be guaranteed a seat, so I'll probably just go with Il Forno now, as someone has said Jamie's Italian is always busy.

How come you can't book a table for two at Jamie's Italian? What a fucking idiot. The minimum you can book for is six, apparently. I wanted to go there, but I don't want to turn up and not be guaranteed a seat, so I'll probably just go with Il Forno now, as someone has said Jamie's Italian is always busy.

Basically cos he's a cunt

As far as I'm aware this is the same policy throughout Oliver's Italians as they turn the tables extremely quickly.

A table for two having 3 courses can be fucked off in little over an hour.

The fake cockney can't talk for shit but he has some serious business brains helping him behind the scenes.

Zizzi's is ace, no idea if you got one in Liverpool though.

Who are trying to bum Cain?

Just had a search and it turns out there is one, which has recently been opened in Liverpool One. I'll just weigh up all the options and see which is the best.

In terms of bummage, it's a secret I'm not willing to tell the GF!

Bar Italia is muck. They excuse poor quality ingredients as 'traditional'- sound if you want crab sticks in the seafood dishes and offal in the lasagne and canneloni rather than proper beef.

San Carlo's food is nice but the service is amongst the worst in the city. Picolino's is much nicer as is Il Forno.

For cheap and cheerful but still decent quality I don't think you can go wrong with Casa Italia on Stanley Street.

Just had a search and it turns out there is one, which has recently been opened in Liverpool One. I'll just weigh up all the options and see which is the best.

In terms of bummage, it's a secret I'm not willing to tell the GF!

Hows about telling me ;-)