You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

murphy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If - as is widely believed at Goodison - Moyes does one in the summer, they'll look back on nights like these with the Screaming Skull in charge as their glory days.

I'm throwing at least a score on them going down next season.

What do you mean next season? They won't drop as low as League 1...

i havent heard a whisper tonight with passengers in my taxi, been all round Walton area mostly too, no ones got in and asked if Im a red or a blue,just nice peaceful silence.

I always ask when people get in if theyve had a good night, had a few groans but no conversations hahaha

and those with FA cup trophy pics as there profile pic on facebook seem to have been changed.

all those blue shirts will be back in the drawers, wont see any round town tommorrow.

Guest simon

What logic is there in laughing at someone who got further than us. Now I dispise them as much as anyone. And that's why I can't laugh. It's like doing a 2 stage exam not passing and laughing at the people that do the first which you couldnt and failing the second baring in mind you hate that person. Could you laugh? I know i couldnt without feeling a,complete idiot.

What logic is there in laughing at someone who got further than us. Now I dispise them as much as anyone. And that's why I can't laugh. It's like doing a 2 stage exam not passing and laughing at the people that do the first which you couldnt and failing the second baring in mind you hate that person. Could you laugh? I know i couldnt without feeling a,complete idiot.

I'm guessing you don't live in Liverpool, simon.

Guest simon

I dont what does that have to do with anything. Mate I'm just honest I feel lack of success and previous situation have made allot of the fan base very bitter. I hate Everton more than any team but I swear we are becoming them and it's twatting my head now I know I'm gonna shit for saying that. But the truth hurts.

Heh... Everton only matter when you're living in Liverpool, or know a few bluenoses. You quietly sit, and don't say a fucking word about their club, whilst they go into every little thing that they can about yours.

Finally, they fuck up, and they angrily look at you, and even if you don't say a fucking word ---- They'll give you loads the second Liverpool do something worthy of their scorn (which is everything).

So, no, Simple Simon, we are not becoming them.

I was at Goodison on saturday and it was certainly an eye opener !

Everton timeline round the stadium including the record signings of Beattie and Yakubu and of course Moyes.

Must have heard the "if you know your history" song 4 times on the tannoy before the match. We don't care what the red side say , which is strange when the pre match video featured a strangely high proportion of goals against Liverpool and even a few saves.

The atmosphere was flat and the first cheer was about 3/4 mins in when they won a throw in. You could not make it up.

Everton must be what its like to support just another club - pity them

Guest simon
Heh... Everton only matter when you're living in Liverpool, or know a few bluenoses. You quietly sit, and don't say a fucking word about their club, whilst they go into every little thing that they can about yours.

Finally, they fuck up, and they angrily look at you, and even if you don't say a fucking word ---- They'll give you loads the second Liverpool do something worthy of their scorn (which is everything).

So, no, Simple Simon, we are not becoming them.

In warrington we have both Bitters and Kopites also Mancs. I know how all act. You have Kopites live in the past every manc is shit etc. And you have ones that understand and are honest. Bitters the ocd lot. Any little thing to do with liverpool its something they can use against Kopites. Then theres Mancs think they have the best team in the world. Dispise LFC. Maybe because we were great. Like the reason we hate Cron etc. Because they are or were grear. Theres the group that have never been a game or Live thousands of miles away that think supporting the club is about hating Mancs and saying Ynwa every thing they write. These sadly are the modern fanbase. Any way back to my point. Say you had a Girl you were crazy about. You go to a pub or club have a few drinks you take her to yours. Then she tells you, you she don't like you and wouldn't dream of having sex with you. Now you go out you see her with your worst enemy. She takes him home fucks his brains out in your view. Then he goes back for more a hour later she says no. Could you laugh?

I dont what does that have to do with anything. Mate I'm just honest I feel lack of success and previous situation have made allot of the fan base very bitter. I hate Everton more than any team but I swear we are becoming them and it's twatting my head now I know I'm gonna shit for saying that. But the truth hurts.

I accept that we should be disappointed and downcast by our own failures. But, being an old fucker and having lived my whole life linked to Evertonians by blood, friendship or general acquaintance, I can say that I take pleasure from their calamities because it's a reciprocal action -practically a reflex, created by years and years of familiarity, competitiveness and, latterly, bitter contempt.

My Father was a Red, his brothers were less blessed and became Evertonians. My brothers are Liverpudlians, all my cousins, with the exception of one, support Everton. Growing up as a supporter of a team who had spent seven seasons in the old second division was absolute fucking hell. Listening to the constant sneering from Evertonians while pining for the day when we too would be playing Spurs, Burnley, Arsenal, Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, the Sheffield teams, the Manchester sides and even fucking Everton in the 1st Division.

I would go to Goodison to see Danny Blanchflower, Jimmy McIlroy, Bryan Douglas, Derek Kevan and other stars of the day play against our twattish neighbours - hoping always that the visitors would triumph but almost always being disappointed. This was the start of 'The School of Science' bullshit. The cousins would always ask me who we were playing the following week, and would snort with contemptuous laughter when I'd answer"Rotherham", or "Plymouth Argyle", or "Brighton and Hove Albion". Then they would say that they would bring a programme back from Old Trafford or Highbury, or whatever exotic destination they were bound for the following week.

Evertonians revelled in our status as second class football citizens. Even the shop where we bought our loosies was owned and run by a fucking Bluenose, and on Sunday mornings, after mass and saltfish, he would insist on reading out the match report on Everton's latest conquest as we smoked our Woodbines.

This guy assumed a loud, posh actorly voice to describe the wonders of Young, Vernon and Bingham. Then he would lapse back to flat toned Scouse to read out "And Liverpool and Lincoln drew two all.................in the second division". And then he would laugh. Being young and ill equipped in the art of scholarly ripostes we would tell him to "fuck off". Then he would further destroy our young souls with the tale of the homecoming of our 1950 FA Cup Final team. Gleefully telling us for the millionth time that captain Phil Taylor, on the bus ride around the city, did not hold aloft the gleaming trophy but "a fucking doll!". "A fucking rag doll!" His laughter would follow us out of his shop as we scuttled back to the oller for a kick about. The twat!

Even in the season we got back into the top flight Everton won the Championship. Then European Cup football came to Goodison. How could we ever compete with the swaggering sophistication of European, foreign, opponents coming to our rivals? When the gobshites went out in the first round to Inter Milan, they still behaved like superior beings and I recall their glee when Leicester City beat us in the FA Cup semi-final that year. I cried my fucking eyes out that night and I can still remember their claims that we would "never win the cup".

Now, fifty years on, and having seen our club win everything, I could be accused of holding on to enmities that should be consigned to the past from which they sprung. We are now the 'topdog' in the city and we should engage our neighbours with grace and magnanimity. Well I'll leave such qualities with my moral superiors. I am a Liverpudlian and have grown up (I hasten to say not matured) recognizing Everton as our greatest rivals, our natural opponents, our occasional nemesis and, in recent times, the most bitter bastards we face on a daily basis. And I wallow in their defeats and their decline.

I am a Liverpudlian and have grown up (I hasten to say not matured) recognizing Everton as our greatest rivals, our natural opponents, our occasional nemesis and, in recent times, the most bitter bastards we face on a daily basis. And I wallow in their defeats and their decline.

Amen!

I accept that we should be disappointed and downcast by our own failures. But, being an old fucker and having lived my whole life linked to Evertonians by blood, friendship or general acquaintance, I can say that I take pleasure from their calamities because it's a reciprocal action -practically a reflex, created by years and years of familiarity, competitiveness and, latterly, bitter contempt.

My Father was a Red, his brothers were less blessed and became Evertonians. My brothers are Liverpudlians, all my cousins, with the exception of one, support Everton. Growing up as a supporter of a team who had spent seven seasons in the old second division was absolute fucking hell. Listening to the constant sneering from Evertonians while pining for the day when we too would be playing Spurs, Burnley, Arsenal, Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, the Sheffield teams, the Manchester sides and even fucking Everton in the 1st Division.

I would go to Goodison to see Danny Blanchflower, Jimmy McIlroy, Bryan Douglas, Derek Kevan and other stars of the day play against our twattish neighbours - hoping always that the visitors would triumph but almost always being disappointed. This was the start of 'The School of Science' bullshit. The cousins would always ask me who we were playing the following week, and would snort with contemptuous laughter when I'd answer"Rotherham", or "Plymouth Argyle", or "Brighton and Hove Albion". Then they would say that they would bring a programme back from Old Trafford or Highbury, or whatever exotic destination they were bound for the following week.

Evertonians revelled in our status as second class football citizens. Even the shop where we bought our loosies was owned and run by a fucking Bluenose, and on Sunday mornings, after mass and saltfish, he would insist on reading out the match report on Everton's latest conquest as we smoked our Woodbines.

This guy assumed a loud, posh actorly voice to describe the wonders of Young, Vernon and Bingham. Then he would lapse back to flat toned Scouse to read out "And Liverpool and Lincoln drew two all.................in the second division". And then he would laugh. Being young and ill equipped in the art of scholarly ripostes we would tell him to "fuck off". Then he would further destroy our young souls with the tale of the homecoming of our 1950 FA Cup Final team. Gleefully telling us for the millionth time that captain Phil Taylor, on the bus ride around the city, did not hold aloft the gleaming trophy but "a fucking doll!". "A fucking rag doll!" His laughter would follow us out of his shop as we scuttled back to the oller for a kick about. The twat!

Even in the season we got back into the top flight Everton won the Championship. Then European Cup football came to Goodison. How could we ever compete with the swaggering sophistication of European, foreign, opponents coming to our rivals? When the gobshites went out in the first round to Inter Milan, they still behaved like superior beings and I recall their glee when Leicester City beat us in the FA Cup semi-final that year. I cried my fucking eyes out that night and I can still remember their claims that we would "never win the cup".

Now, fifty years on, and having seen our club win everything, I could be accused of holding on to enmities that should be consigned to the past from which they sprung. We are now the 'topdog' in the city and we should engage our neighbours with grace and magnanimity. Well I'll leave such qualities with my moral superiors. I am a Liverpudlian and have grown up (I hasten to say not matured) recognizing Everton as our greatest rivals, our natural opponents, our occasional nemesis and, in recent times, the most bitter bastards we face on a daily basis. And I wallow in their defeats and their decline.

Top quality post - you dont get many like that!