You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

What's the general consensus on here then regarding Downing? He came on leaps and bounds last season and looked effective on both sides of the pitch, it's taken until his peak age though to really come to the fore and attract interest from the big sides.

I'm for it, I think he'll improve us and give us balance, goals and assists, certainly better than what we have in Maxi and Cole, £20m is too much though.

What's the general consensus on here then regarding Downing? He came on leaps and bounds last season and looked effective on both sides of the pitch, it's taken until his peak age though to really come to the fore and attract interest from the big sides.

I'm for it, I think he'll improve us and give us balance, goals and assists, certainly better than what we have in Maxi and Cole, £20m is too much though.

The general consensus is that he's good/shite and/or is/isn't worth £20m/£18m/£15m

It reminds me of the summer we signed Tennants. All those crosses onto the head of Crouch. Wow, eh?

Two problems, Pennant was a 'bargain' buy at £7m, hardly £20m quality. And Crouch was shit at heading, and still is.

thats just as bad as saying "n*gger"

No, saying "n*gger" is as bad as saying "nigger", which is worse than saying "n*gger", which is worse than "daygo" (sic).

Fuck you with the 'n' word, man up and say it, don't make ME say it in my head by using *'s. Own it, you coward.

It was a fucking joke, but it seems I've stumbled from TLW into a fucking letters page from the Daily Express.

I'm not racist, but I can use racist words, especially when being accused of being xenophobic for wanting English signings over foreign ones.

If I'm racist or xenophobic, then Kenny must be the Chief Klansman.

I'm not racist, have never displayed any racist tones or language, and never had anything to do with any racist or xenophobic group, nor do I agree with anything that remotely prohibits people of any race, religion, physical ability, age, or sex from participating in anything they want to do.

But if you're going to get all spastic about it then I suppose it's not the sort of open, adult forum that I thought it was.

sid4.gif

I'm not racist, have never displayed any racist tones or language, and never had anything to do with any racist or xenophobic group, nor do I agree with anything that remotely prohibits people of any race, religion, physical ability, age, or sex from participating in anything they want to do.

But if you're going to get all spastic about it then I suppose it's not the sort of open, adult forum that I thought it was.

sid4.gif

Hmmmm.

Getting back to transfers..........

Seeing as Cissokho seems to be available for a decent price we should be trying to conclude this deal asap before someone hijacks it like the clichy deal.

Also I have seen every lfc fan to a man say we need to sell Poulsen but looking at our squad I think he still has a place unless we get someone else in,despite having more cms then we need we only have 1 dm in lucas,if we sell poulsen and lucas gets injured we would be in a difficult position.

Before anyone says it spearing is not a dm and is not up to playing there for us.

Getting back to transfers..........

Seeing as Cissokho seems to be available for a decent price we should be trying to conclude this deal asap before someone hijacks it like the clichy deal.

Also I have seen every lfc fan to a man say we need to sell Poulsen but looking at our squad I think he still has a place unless we get someone else in,despite having more cms then we need we only have 1 dm in lucas,if we sell poulsen and lucas gets injured we would be in a difficult position.

Before anyone says it spearing is not a dm and is not up to playing there for us.

From the admittidly little i've seen of Cissokho i just don't rate him at all. Technically he's not great and think Enrique is better than him.

despite having more cms then we need we only have 1 dm in lucas,if we sell poulsen and lucas gets injured we would be in a difficult position.

Poulsen may be classed as a defensive midfielder, however, he simply does not have the ability to play the position for us anymore. It is pointless having a player if he does not have the ability to do what you want.

Yes, it extends to them all, the fancy daygo cunts with their tight jeans and hairless bodies.

- Posted by Funnneeeee

- Posted by Funnneeeee

Fucking comedy gold!

Intended comic genius.

It certainly made me laugh! Just going completely off topic for a moment, l'Equipe are saying that Hamburg may be offering a 4 year deal to Cole and that the transfer fee could be as much as EUR 12 million. They are normally quite a good source but that can't be right, can it? You'd hear the sound of hands being bitten off from here to China.

Joe Cole vers Hambourg ?

Info L'Equipe. Avec seulement 3 buts en 28 matches la saison dernière, Joe Cole n'a pas réussi à s'imposer à Liverpool et pourrait quitter les Reds dès cet été. Sous contrat jusqu'en 2014, l'international anglais se serait vu proposer un contrat de quatre ans par Hambourg. Le transfert pourrait s'élever à 12 millions d'euros.

It certainly made me laugh! Just going completely off topic for a moment, l'Equipe are saying that Hamburg may be offering a 4 year deal to Cole and that the transfer fee could be as much as EUR 12 million. They are normally quite a good source but that can't be right, can it? You'd hear the sound of hands being bitten off from here to China.

Joe Cole vers Hambourg ?

Info L'Equipe. Avec seulement 3 buts en 28 matches la saison dernière, Joe Cole n'a pas réussi à s'imposer à Liverpool et pourrait quitter les Reds dès cet été. Sous contrat jusqu'en 2014, l'international anglais se serait vu proposer un contrat de quatre ans par Hambourg. Le transfert pourrait s'élever à 12 millions d'euros.

that is insane and obviously made up. or is Cole massive in Germany like Hasselhoff?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
was....n't funny?

Don't fret, nobody expects you to be funny, because you aren't.

Stick to what you do best - humourless, confused pedantry and repetition.

Will do, thanks for the advice. It's always nice when somebody you look up to takes you under their wing and gives you help. Thanks again, friend.