You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

(informed) Oppinion can you hear yourself.

Informed because it's taken from the information that's been fed to us all along - in other words, I wasn't just going with a "gut" feeling, not because I have, or have ever claimed to have connections.

If we are so skint then why spend 35 million on Carroll? We could have bought Carlton Cole and kept the money for the summer. We could have bought a few average players for the wing and defence positions with the money left.

Honestly mate, I don't know. But after following the previous cunts, selling our supposed best player on deadline day without a replacement would have put them under serious pressure, rightly or wrongly, from the fans. We'd already seen big money sales without it being reinvested. If we'd signed Carlton Cole for 10-15m (which he would have cost - especially when people knew we had that money available) then forums across the land would have been going into meltdown.

How could they have explained that away? They couldn't, especially with Commoli in place. They would have had the press all over them too, which they definitely don't want.

I may be wrong, but I'm only going on information they have released in public. I may be wrong, but if everyone is so willing to take them at the word regarding other matters, then why should we think they are lying about this?

Informed because it's taken from the information that's been fed to us all along - in other words, I wasn't just going with a "gut" feeling, not because I have, or have ever claimed to have connections.

Honestly mate, I don't know. But after following the previous cunts, selling our supposed best player on deadline day without a replacement would have put them under serious pressure, rightly or wrongly, from the fans. We'd already seen big money sales without it being reinvested. If we'd signed Carlton Cole for 10-15m (which he would have cost - especially when people knew we had that money available) then forums across the land would have been going into meltdown.

How could they have explained that away? They couldn't, especially with Commoli in place. They would have had the press all over them too, which they definitely don't want.

I may be wrong, but I'm only going on information they have released in public. I may be wrong, but if everyone is so willing to take them at the word regarding other matters, then why should we think they are lying about this?

Again I ask what have they released in public?

In other words you know fuck all.

If not Carlton Cole then some other cheap striker- there are plenty across Europe. Or even better not buy anyone and act the victim. Save the money ala Newcastle and think about it later in the summer. There was no need to go all guns blazing on the last day.

There are a lot of rumours flying around about us buying one more star player in the summer. These rumours are starting from some where- agents, clubs and players who have been contacted by us most probably. Comolli and NESV don't have to do that- they can just be silent if we don't have the money. Why mislead so many people including the fans and the media?

So let me get this straight, after having a torrid time with some fucking twat yanks, we are just going to assume the worst in our current owners??

Take everything with a pinch of salt I say and simply just wait for summer to come and see what happens.

You are going to make your head explode Horus just by assumptions.....

Liverpool 'told' £30m will land 'next Ronaldo' ahead of United

Liverpool 'told' £30m will land 'next Ronaldo' ahead of United - Liverpool FC

Liverpool have been told they will need to offer £30 million to land Udinese star Alexis Sanchez.

The Chilean international has been linked with a number of clubs from across Europe after impressing in Serie 'A', with Liverpool director of football strategy Damien Comolli a known admirer of the player.

Manchester United and Chelsea are also thought to be keen on the player, while Juventus lead the chase from Italy and Barcelona in Spain.

Valuations have varied for the player, but fresh reports from Italy claim the Zebrette will accept £30 million for the player at the end of the season, reports talkSPORT.

Former Reds boss Roy Hodgson was the first Merseysiders chief to take an interest in the player, and current Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is also thought to be interested.

Again I ask what have they released in public?

Liverpool John W Henry questions Chelsea spending in light of new Fifa fair play rules - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Henry expressed surprise that Chelsea were willing to go as high as £50million to sign Fernando Torres from Liverpool, on the same transfer deadline day that the Blues also spent around £25million on David Luiz and announced total losses of £70.9million for the year ending 30 June 2010.

Henry told reporters: "I was surprised Monday morning to receive an offer in that amount at the same time they were announcing such large losses.

"The big question is just how effective the financial fair-play rules are going to be. Perhaps some clubs support the concept in order to limit the spending of other clubs, while implementing activities specifically designed to evade the rules they publicly support.

"We can only hope that UEFA has the ability and determination to enforce what they have proposed."

For Liverpool's part, Henry pledged to live well within the rules.

"We've always spent money we've generated rather than deficit-spending and that will be the case in Liverpool," he said, talking about the way in which his Fenway Sports Group operate the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

"It's up to us to generate enough revenue to be successful over the long term. We have not and will not deviate from that."

Here's some for starters. I'll have to remember where I've read other stuff and I'll paste that in for you over the next day or two if that's OK.

But I think this is pretty conclusive. The money Roman spent was his own, not loans from the bank to take on debt. If we are thinking that they are going to inject £30-40m into the club, then after the statement above, they would be slightly hypocritical.

In other words you know fuck all.

Someone needs a cuddle.

If not Carlton Cole then some other cheap striker- there are plenty across Europe. Or even better not buy anyone and act the victim. Save the money ala Newcastle and think about it later in the summer. There was no need to go all guns blazing on the last day.

There are a lot of rumours flying around about us buying one more star player in the summer. These rumours are starting from some where- agents, clubs and players who have been contacted by us most probably. Comolli and NESV don't have to do that- they can just be silent if we don't have the money. Why mislead so many people including the fans and the media?

Like I said mate, I could be wrong and if I am, I'll be delighted. I'm not slagging the owners off or shouting my mouth off. How many players have we been linked with over the years? Real superstars too that haven't materialised? Or they've been signed by other teams, or new contracts. In relation to Sanchez, their chairman has said they if they make the Champions League, then no one will be sold regardless.

Liverpool John W Henry questions Chelsea spending in light of new Fifa fair play rules - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Henry expressed surprise that Chelsea were willing to go as high as £50million to sign Fernando Torres from Liverpool, on the same transfer deadline day that the Blues also spent around £25million on David Luiz and announced total losses of £70.9million for the year ending 30 June 2010.

Henry told reporters: "I was surprised Monday morning to receive an offer in that amount at the same time they were announcing such large losses.

"The big question is just how effective the financial fair-play rules are going to be. Perhaps some clubs support the concept in order to limit the spending of other clubs, while implementing activities specifically designed to evade the rules they publicly support.

"We can only hope that UEFA has the ability and determination to enforce what they have proposed."

For Liverpool's part, Henry pledged to live well within the rules.

"We've always spent money we've generated rather than deficit-spending and that will be the case in Liverpool," he said, talking about the way in which his Fenway Sports Group operate the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

"It's up to us to generate enough revenue to be successful over the long term. We have not and will not deviate from that."

Here's some for starters. I'll have to remember where I've read other stuff and I'll paste that in for you over the next day or two if that's OK.

But I think this is pretty conclusive. The money Roman spent was his own, not loans from the bank to take on debt. If we are thinking that they are going to inject £30-40m into the club, then after the statement above, they would be slightly hypocritical.

Yes longterm that's the plan, but in January there was a £30m net budget minimum for Suarez Adam and others( Kenny even said they wanted more) that was unreliant on Torres leaving, I'd expect a £30m plus sales budget in summer, in fact I've no doubt that's what were gona see, as has been pointed out it's important to get alot of Rafa and Roys shite out and off the wagebill

So let me get this straight, after having a torrid time with some fucking twat yanks, we are just going to assume the worst in our current owners??

Take everything with a pinch of salt I say and simply just wait for summer to come and see what happens.

You are going to make your head explode Horus just by assumptions.....

I'm not flustered or worried about this stuff at all, just sharing my views in a thread about summer 11. The fact we still have a club is a bonus for me after the last cunts. But I think people are expecting too much, so it's these people that need to take head explosion preventative measures, because they will be let down in summer.

I am genuinely open to the fact that I'm wrong with this, and either way my summer won't be ruined. If we spend the money I anticipate, well then that's what I thought, if we somehow make a £30m profit in the last few months of the season then I'll be salivating at the prospect of Hazard et al joining.

It's worth noting that Henry also said that he expects the club to be challenging within i think it was 3 years for the Premier League.

Henry would be very naive to expect this to happen by purely spending net £10m a year.

The owners know that to maximise the marketing on the club then we need to be challenging for all the honours.

Speculate to accumulate.

I'm pretty sure we make an operating profit, and as some people have pointed out the 30/40 million we save by not having to service debts. We aren't limited to spending what we make purely from player sales.

We had that money when we were making 20-30million from Champions League every year, even then towards the end, players were being sold to service the debt. We know that much is true. Was it 3/4 windows that we made profit from transfers?

Yes longterm that's the plan, but in January there was a £30m net budget minimum for Suarez Adam and others( Kenny even said they wanted more) that was unreliant on Torres leaving, I'd expect a £30m plus sales budget in summer, in fact I've no doubt that's what were gona see, as has been pointed out it's important to get alot of Rafa and Roys shite out and off the wagebill

You could be right mate. Charlie Adam was about £4-5m (at least thats what Levy said they agreed a fee on) and we spent5/6m net as things stood? I wouldn't have been surprised had we signed another couple of players and spent about £15m net. I'm not convinced that we had a £30m budget for Suarez. Up until the point that Torres said he wanted out, the clubs seemed miles apart in valuations judging by what was being reported (all though means it could have all been bollocks too).

At that stage, I think people at the club would have known he was off and suddenly had extra money. I also think that JW's comment that they wanted Carroll for Torres plus £15m, sort of suggests to me that every penny had been worked out in order to our deals. Again, just my reading of the situation in a non-dogmatic, non-confrontational, not looking for war on the internets stylee.

We had that money when we were making 20-30million from Champions League every year, even then towards the end, players were being sold to service the debt. We know that much is true. Was it 3/4 windows that we made profit from transfers?

You could be right mate. Charlie Adam was about £4-5m (at least thats what Levy said they agreed a fee on) and we spent5/6m net as things stood? I wouldn't have been surprised had we signed another couple of players and spent about £15m net. I'm not convinced that we had a £30m budget for Suarez. Up until the point that Torres said he wanted out, the clubs seemed miles apart in valuations judging by what was being reported (all though means it could have all been bollocks too).

At that stage, I think people at the club would have known he was off and suddenly had extra money. I also think that JW's comment that they wanted Carroll for Torres plus £15m, sort of suggests to me that every penny had been worked out in order to our deals. Again, just my reading of the situation in a non-dogmatic, non-confrontational, not looking for war on the internets stylee.

You're not gonna be swayed are you? Just don't worry about it, we'll see by september what their intentions are. For the time being lets enjoy having kenny back

You're not gonna be swayed are you? Just don't worry about it, we'll see by september what their intentions are. For the time being lets enjoy having kenny back

It's not about being "swayed," it's about my interpretation of the data. So far, Coops' post is the one that makes me think twice about my own position as he makes a really good point, that argues around their stated intentions. And like I've said in other posts, I'm not worried about it. At all.

The politics of Liverpool FC's new owners John Henry and New England Sports Ventures - Liverpool Daily Post - Dale Street Blues

n terms of economic strategy NESV seems to share Labour's view that "growth" is the best way to build a better future, or football team if you like.

"This isn't London or Manchester but Liverpool is a global club so we will look to increase revenues globally," Henry said this weekend.

"We're about, 'How can we make this team better?' A lot of that is involved in economic pursuits because it requires money to get the best players.

Werner added: "We've used revenues to improve the club in Boston [the Red Sox] and have the second highest revenue in baseball. We're not embarrassed to say we are revenue-driven because that's how you put a good product on the pitch."

That is a good point but it shouldn't be taken as a negative. To use a direct comparision, the Red Sox are the 2nd most successful team off the field in the MLB. They do not need to be the 2nd (or 4th) best team in the league on the field year after year to operate. That is a much better position to be in than a team like say, Leeds who mortgaged against league position, as we may find out Spurs and Citeh have done.

IMO they will put out a chunk both of the next two years as they continue to increase revenue. I would be happy to end up with a single 30m-like top class winger, a quality mid like Adam, a couple of bosmans that are a good fit, or a good punt(Taiwo) and Aquilani and Insua back. That is not a bad squad.

Liverpool swoop for Eagles wonderkids

Published 23:00 16/03/11

By John Percy

Kenny Dalglish is lining up a double swoop on Crystal Palace for wonderkids Wilfried Zaha and Jon Williams.

Liverpool boss Dalglish will target the two teenagers in the summer as part of a bid to harvest the best young talent at Anfield.

Palace striker Zaha was recently called up to the England under-19 squad and has been regularly watched by Liverpool's network of scouts in his first full season.

The 18-year-old has emerged as one of the most highly-rated youngsters outside the Premier League and is also admired by Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle.

Wales under-21 international Williams is another kid to roll off the Selhurst Park production line and Dalglish is already an admirer.

Williams, 17, is yet to make a first-team appearance for the Eagles but his reputation has soared after impressing for the reserves.

Liverpool are keen to build a team for the future and are preparing to pounce at the end of the season.

Transfer News: Liverpool are planning a summer swoop for Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha and Jon Williams - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Well whatever happens, I just hope we spend our money wisely. Make sure we scout the living fuck out of whomever we sign. You don't necessarily always have to spend ridiculous money to get quality players. Every summer there are quality players on the move for relatively low transfer fees. We need to get in on some of that action.

Liverpool's search for a left back has lead them back to Osasuna's Spain international

Nacho Monreal.

Director of football strategy Damien Comolli watched the 26-year-old in action last week and was suitably impressed.

Monreal, who has four full caps, suffered a bad knee injury in December but has come back strongly. He was on Liverpool's list of summer targets and came under Arsenal's scrutiny prior to his injury.

Desperate to plug their problem left back position, Liverpool decided against a loan move for Aston Villa's Stephen Warnock in January and cooled their interest in Wigan's Maynor Figueroa but they have watched Newcastle's Jose Enrique and Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre.

Monreal would not come cheap, however, as Osasuna value him at about £9m.

Read more: Liverpool eye Spain defender Nacho Monreal | Mail Online

I know im preaching to the choir but last night proved undoubtedly we need width, lumping the ball up to Carroll all night was enough to put me into depression

we dont have the players to do otherwise at present but if we let another window go by without improving the wide areas I'll be disappointed

To be honest, with the current state of the squad I'm amazed Kennys getting much out of them. Europa league was never going to go well considering we struggled/under performed in all but 2 games (Napoli was a great game). What we need is a new attitude, new players and time. All of which should hopefully come in/by next season.

I firmly believe that the best manager in the world couldn't improve our season from here. Looking ahead to a prospective season when August comes.