You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa on Football Focus

tea

Guest ShoePiss
What has him being a family man got to do with it? And why do you respect people who like the city and make it their home?

I don't want any more pm's from you and this is a good thread to clog up with shite so...

I repped you for this response because I have decided not to neg so much (not that I negged anywhere near as much as I rep).

I called you a fucking tit in the rep message because this post is fucking stupid.

Why would you need to question someone respecting another person for valuing their family? Why would you question someone respecting a person that see's beyond the bollocks stereotype of Liverpool and decides out of anywhere in the world to live they chose Liverpool?

You fucking tit.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Black pudding. The name says it all, even before you know what's actually in it there's a warning - it's called "black pudding", don't fucking dare eat it.

Black pudding is for paedos and Scottish people.

Hmm I have a Scottish niece, I've never touched her though!

I can only take your well thought out and put together statement as an indication that you believe anybody who spends some time in a certain place, likes it and moves there deserves instant respect. I moved over to Leeds for uni and stayed here, but when I tell that to people from round here they don't immediately go, "fucking hell, you've earned my utmost respect". And again, why would they?

No, but people who move here treat the place with respect, genuinely love the area & people and try to make it a better place do.

Rafa & Montse have done all of those things.

If you don't think any of that is worthy of any respect that's up to you, I'll beg to differ though.

Food is never black. Or blue. Pudding should never be black or on a breakfast plate.

I should neg you for that. Breakfast without pudding is like summer without sun. I won't neg you though as you're clearly mentally wrote-off if you think this. Ya mentaler.

I can only take your well thought out and put together statement as an indication that you believe anybody who spends some time in a certain place, likes it and moves there deserves instant respect.

They've integrated into the community, built lots of friendships, and worked hard for charity in the area. So if someone wants to respect them for that it's up to him.

No, but people who move here treat the place with respect, genuinely love the area & people and try to make it a better place do.

Rafa & Montse have done all of those things.

If you don't think any of that is worthy of any respect that's up to you, I'll beg to differ though.

Sound, was only trying to work out why, not have a go.

Stumptown, you seem a reaally sound guy. Seriously. I've really warmed to you.

Wibble.

It's responses like this that probably dont do you any favours when challenged Ian.

I appreciate that you can't be arsed going over it again, but to be fair you have made a few comments about it on here and twitter, so you must have something to contribute other than what you already have. Which to be honest was akin to throwing a grenade in a room then walking off.

I don't think it's right the abuse he gets from you and others, the same with Hodgson and Ged from others. I know you haven't called him a cunt but the way you always have to moan about him, rightly or wrongly puts you in the firing line.

But the same goes for those that defend him.

Maybe it would just be best to ignore anything related to him.

I

It's responses like this that probably dont do you any favours when challenged Ian.

I appreciate that you can't be arsed going over it again, but to be fair you have made a few comments about it on here and twitter, so you must have something to contribute other than what you already have. Which to be honest was akin to throwing a grenade in a room then walking off.

I don't think it's right the abuse he gets from you and others, the same with Hodgson and Ged from others. I know you haven't called him a cunt but the way you always have to moan about him, rightly or wrongly puts you in the firing line.

But the same goes for those that defend him.

Maybe it would just be best to ignore anything related to him.

I

Where did I abuse him?

I think Rafa's next move should be the Real Madrid job. It looks like only a matter of time before 'the special one' is sacked, If they get knocked out of the champions league, I don't think he'll make the season.

This would be a great chance for Rafa to prove himself again, and if he could topple the current Barcelona team, it would be arguably his biggest achievement.

Well the fact he was injured for the majority because he was playing for Spain instead of getting fit, means his contribution was only half if what it should have been.

He is far from being alone though.

Unfortunately Code is also (IIRC) among those still in the belief that a striker's only job is to score goals. Look back to Dirk's heroic effort on Wednesday to see how much influence a forward/striker can have on a side's defensive actions, as well as the number of counter-attacks/breakdowns one could cause with the right attitude (and stamina). Coupled with the Spain thing (and Gerrard's similar exploits with England) you have just as much a reason to our dismal season as Rafa's mistakes.

And Brownie, he was still right to pull him off at St Andrew's, I reckon you and Zigackly will agree with me now:whistle:

Unfortunately Code is also (IIRC) among those still in the belief that a striker's only job is to score goals. Look back to Dirk's heroic effort on Wednesday to see how much influence a forward/striker can have on a side's defensive actions, as well as the number of counter-attacks/breakdowns one could cause with the right attitude (and stamina). Coupled with the Spain thing (and Gerrard's similar exploits with England) you have just as much a reason to our dismal season as Rafa's mistakes.

And Brownie, he was still right to pull him off at St Andrew's, I reckon you and Zigackly will agree with me now:whistle:

It must have been to console him after he was subbed - Torres would probably have preferred an arm round the shoulder.

Here's some Scottish black pudding you can buy :-

Charles MacLeod - Makers of Stornoway Black Pudding - Black Pudding Gift Box

I like that it's in a presentation box much like a fine malt whisky.

As for them both being better than Irish, I'm sure there's some superb examples but I've noticed the Irish tend to be extremely proud of anything coming from Ireland (remember Robbie Keane?) so it was more for their benefit, also I've only had the Irish kind in hotels which is not a fair comparison.

Initially I was thinking that an entire 1.4kg pudding may be a brave choice for a first purchase and that maybe the half pudding could be the way to go, but I must admit that the gift box makes it an attractive option. I'm going to have to ponder this.

It's frankly irresponsable to move on to the black pudding debate and attempting to stifle the beans debate which is what the general public wants.

Why is it, I ask, that so many are afraid to have a full and frank debate without resorting to these diversion tactics?

Becauese then, as they well know, it would be exposed that the pro beans brigade are actualy funded by secret arms dealers from the middle east. Well these, beans you so profess to love are nothing but reactionary drivel pandering to the loony left.

There is no "beans debate" it's a product of their bean-addled imaginations.

Ian Huntley, Fred West, Rasputin, Himmler, Idi Amin; all these men liked beans on a fry-up and all of them were wrong.

Black pudding. The name says it all, even before you know what's actually in it there's a warning - it's called "black pudding", don't fucking dare eat it.

Black pudding is for paedos and Scottish people.

Hey, touching kids is one thing but I'm not fucking Scottish.

Where did I abuse him?

You have constant moans about him. As I said you never called him a cunt, but the constant comments make it abuse.

You participated in the laugh that was the A.R.T, to some it wasn't funny. That is why you have had some of the unwarranted stick you got a few pages ago. I don't agree with it, just an observation.

Out of interest have you seen the interview yet?

So ISR wrong? He's received two nothing replies so far.

One calling him a tit and the other posting a picture of a baby.

On this thread, not much. Just the usual cowardly nonsense. People when challenged can't back it up in public on the thread in question, but neg away with gay abandon in private.

So, to respond to the last dregs of attempted humour by

Who'd have thought that your sense of humour would be even more feeble than your attempts to put a coherent post together without bursting into tears?

All of us, I suspect.

Ah, so thats what you though I was doing, when putting together an angry post. Crying. I see.

Have a seat. Let me put this to you as gently as I can. Not everybody acts the way you do. If you're only able to communicate a strongly-held belief by working yourself up into such a state that you start crying, then I'm not surprised that you were begging for your meds (earlier in the thread).

But everybody else isn't like that. I'll speak for myself. When I post about the DESPICABLE reactions of HYPOCRITES who denigrate SERVANTS of this club, thats with pure DISGUST and ANGER. I don't need to burst into tears for that. Its the Internet equivalent of smacking little shitheads around the back of the head. All we can do on the interwebs, when faced with aforementioned little shitheads.

Seems like you do feel the need to start crying when you get worked up. Hence your complete misunderstanding.

Sad, but I understand. Sorry about taking the piss over your need for meds in my earlier post. I didn't realise they were for real. I should be more considerate of such things in future.

Wibble.

Yup, this is the sum total of your public response. Which actually says volumes, when compared with what you said in private.

Hypocrisy and cowardice seem to go hand in hand.

This post from JohnnyH should be printed and stamped on your foreheads with a nailgun.

Mate, while people are claiming that he is embarrassing the club when he has done nothing of the sort, then others will react. And you know what, they should react. This is a former Liverpool manager who won us the European Cup, and nearly won a second one, and CLEARLY loves this club, yet it seems to be ok to abuse him? Nope. Not having that. I don't give a fuck who it annoys, or if it makes people decide they can't comment on him. I'm going to defend him in those circumstances. However, as has happened quite a bit, if and when people criticise him on team selections, tactics, getting too political in his last season, etc, then I just ignore it as it's all been said, and it's all correct. But while some people continue to lie and act like cunts about him, then I'll step in and have a moan again!

Call me what you want, but I believe in defending our great ex-players and great ex-managers.

That last line. THAT IS THE LIVERPOOL WAY. All of you inbreds who act the complete opposite, and then get all huffy and cry when challenged about it need to get that. And every time you publically shit on that, you'll get challenged again. By someone.

Don't like it? Then:

1) if you can't speak with some modicum of honesty and respect about past servants of the club who did their best, then shut your trap.

or

2) go find some other team to leach off of, and then slag off their ex-players, ex-managers to your hearts content.

Mate, while people are claiming that he is embarrassing the club when he has done nothing of the sort, then others will react. And you know what, they should react. This is a former Liverpool manager who won us the European Cup, and nearly won a second one, and CLEARLY loves this club, yet it seems to be ok to abuse him? Nope. Not having that. I don't give a fuck who it annoys, or if it makes people decide they can't comment on him. I'm going to defend him in those circumstances. However, as has happened quite a bit, if and when people criticise him on team selections, tactics, getting too political in his last season, etc, then I just ignore it as it's all been said, and it's all correct. But while some people continue to lie and act like cunts about him, then I'll step in and have a moan again!

Call me what you want, but I believe in defending our great ex-players and great ex-managers.

Fantastic post. Spot on all the way.

Just consumed this lot and all for the princely sum of £3.50p. Pay particular attention to the toast. None of that half or triangle shite.

037si.jpg

The contempt with which this dish was served up just screams from the plate. I've never seen an angrier meal.

But great value all the same.

You have constant moans about him. As I said you never called him a cunt, but the constant comments make it abuse.

You participated in the laugh that was the A.R.T, to some it wasn't funny. That is why you have had some of the unwarranted stick you got a few pages ago. I don't agree with it, just an observation.

Out of interest have you seen the interview yet?

That's a bizarre statement. Going by that logic, we are all guilty of abuse just by logging on daily to talk about football. Deep down I think you know that's a ridiculous statement.

I watched Football Focus about 20 minutes ago and it was nowhere near as bad as the initial report that I read yesterday - in fact he came across pretty well for the most part I felt. I'd still have preferred him to have not commented on the job though, because I think it creates headlines that the club doesn't want any more.

That's all I said yesterday as well but you've pretty much admitted that anything I now say about Rafa will be twisted into a negative because I had a lot of opinions about him when he was in charge; that's pretty sad if you ask me, but there you go, i'll do my best not to comment on him in the future (hopefully he'll do his best not to create sensationalist headlines about us in the future too...)