You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst film you have ever seen

JohnnyH

I remember going to watch Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 and thinking it was utter dog shit & being really fucked off that my girlfriend at the time wouldn't let us leave during the intermission.

Transformers 3 was another film I saw at the cinema that seriously pissed me off. Just 2.5 hours of pure incoherent shite.

I remember going to watch Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 and thinking it was utter dog shit & being really fucked off that my girlfriend at the time wouldn't let us leave during the intermission.

Transformers 3 was another film I saw at the cinema that seriously pissed me off. Just 2.5 hours of pure incoherent shite.

The transformers films are a good shout, absolute shite. 

The transformers films are a good shout, absolute shite.

Thing is, I like the first one. Megan Fox looking hot & giant robots fighting to a rock soundtrack - what's not to like? I liked it's overall crappyness & admit it's a guilty pleasure.

The second one was a significantly less charming version of the first but had some good moments, but my god, the third one was just rancid. I've not seen the fourth one, nor do I ever intend to.

Thing is, I like the first one. Megan Fox looking hot & giant robots fighting to a rock soundtrack - what's not to like? I liked it's overall crappyness & admit it's a guilty pleasure.

The second one was a significantly less charming version of the first but had some good moments, but my god, the third one was just rancid. I've not seen the fourth one, nor do I ever intend to.

The first one was alright yeah, it was funny in places and the first time you hear Prime's voice is unreal, but the second one is an absolute mess - transformers turning into fucking people, it's basically a shit terminator film and the Decepticons are shite. 

'Decepticons, we've located the 'insert clothing item or pair of mysterious glasses here', converge and attack. Bish bash bosh, aircraft carrier gets thrown into the Empire State Building.

I did admire the way the first film's way of dealing with Megatron, throwing him off the side of an aircraft carrier, inspired the way the US military dealt with Bin Laden though. 

Imagine if Bin Laden comes back as Galvatron? Awesome. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Dangerously bored at work and noticed a Simon Pegg film on iPlayer so thought I'd give it a go. It's fucking abysmal. Called Man up. Didn't realise it was a Richard Curtis Rom-Com. Just out of sheer bloody mindedness I'm sticking with it because I'm a nobhead. Avoid it though. 

Dangerously bored at work and noticed a Simon Pegg film on iPlayer so thought I'd give it a go. It's fucking abysmal. Called Man up. Didn't realise it was a Richard Curtis Rom-Com. Just out of sheer bloody mindedness I'm sticking with it because I'm a nobhead. Avoid it though. 

I like Simon Pegg but some of his work is seriously doubtful.

We recorded it (because of Simon Pegg) but not watched it yet.  I suspect it may be worth deleting unwatched.

Kick Ass 2. Managed about half an hour before switching off. Turd of a film.

I remember reading about Jim Carrey distancing himself from the film asking for his name not to be on any of the promotional guff as film was too violent. I think he just realised it was absolutely pony.

As far as I'm aware that is the last film he made, I admire his guts at publicly distancing himself from it but it hasn't done him any favours so far as film career. He made some good films too. This wasn't one of them.

Donnie Darko.

I've also built up, perhaps irrationally, a loathing for Dark Knight Rises. Firstly it's overlong, secondly Bane isn't even the bad guy and thirdly it's not even a fucking Batman movie. Honestly, I think it's a 150 minute con job.

Donnie Darko is the worst film you've ever seen? You must watch only brilliant films for that to be the worst.

The worst I've seen I couldn't even tell the name of it. It was set in Gravesend and absolutely nothing happens except grim tales of the locals.

Donnie Darko is the worst film you've ever seen? You must watch only brilliant films for that to be the worst.

The worst I've seen I couldn't even tell the name of it. It was set in Gravesend and absolutely nothing happens except grim tales of the locals.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. There are movies that know what they are and embrace their terribleness and then there are movies like DD that are just pretentious schlock. Didn't the director write an essay of how his version of time travel worked so the movie made some sense?

To be fair there are plenty of terrible films, more badly made than DD and many are forgettable. But the truly bad films tend to leave a mark.

Gravesend is okay. Most of my mum's family live there but it's only real claim to fame is that Pocahontas is buried there and it's possibly the hottest place in the UK every summer.

Donnie Darko was shite.

Other notable mentions are a clockwork orange. Utter bollox.

But the worst I've ever seen is easily P.S I love you. What s crock of shite that was.

Only made somewhat funny by me turning around at the end to set my missus welling up. The silly cow

• Upvote 1

I tend to avoid films that I highly suspect I won't like or turn them off once I realise they are shite. I have most likely seen plenty of turds but they don't seem to remain long in my memory. One recent-ish film I turned off after about 20 minutes was that Kill Bill by Tarantino,I thought it was absolute gash. I'd rather have watched Monkey or The Water Margin instead.

I tend to avoid films that I highly suspect I won't like or turn them off once I realise they are shite. I have most likely seen plenty of turds but they don't seem to remain long in my memory. One recent-ish film I turned off after about 20 minutes was that Kill Bill by Tarantino,I thought it was absolute gash. I'd rather have watched Monkey or The Water Margin instead.

Controversial.

Well The Bride is not a samurai

She was a assassin who use various weapons but mostly a Samurai sword. She was trained by a chinese master in the films.

Its simply a homage to Spaghetti Westerns,Samurai cinema and blacksploation films.

Its never going to be as good as any one great film from them genres. I can get people not liking it,but its far from the worst film ever made. Some good performances in both films.

Its all about opinions though i guess

Outlaws and Angels. It's an abomination. One of the few films in my life where I just couldn't take in any more after 30 minutes or so.

From the highbrow end of the spectrum, probably The One I Love with Elizabeth Moss. Its infuriatingly stupid, phony, unimaginative, one week idea stretched over 90 or so minutes of tedium.

I remember quite liking The one I love. Opinions eh?