You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

Shame he's not as loveable as Peter Crouch.

I'm sure it will have been mentioned buy don't think Kenny should have taken him off on Sunday. Felt for the lad, must have been shut getting destroyed by your own.

Still optimistic he'll come good. Then again ive been optimistic we'd win the league for the past 15 years.

Shame he's not as loveable as Peter Crouch.

I'm sure it will have been mentioned buy don't think Kenny should have taken him off on Sunday. Felt for the lad, must have been shut getting destroyed by your own.

Still optimistic he'll come good. Then again ive been optimistic we'd win the league for the past 15 years.

Mate that dive alone was enough to get a red card for never mind subbed. To then launch a tirade at Kenny and disrespect the team by storming off says it all really, how long are people going to keep cutting this lad slack? He is work shy, not doing his job and an insult to the support Kenny has given him and the money spent on him. He came to the club declaring he had nothing to prove and he was not prepared to adjust his lifestyle as is becoming for a top paid athlete worth £35 million pounds and has gone downhill from there.

He has given no reason in his performances to be anywhere near the first team, never mind the first 11 of our underacheiving squad who are crying out for a decent striker to lead the line.

We spent £1.5 million on Ngog. 1.5 million.

In 63 apps he scored 9 goals never once storming off down the tunnel or doing ridiculous dives, he kept himself in shape and wasnt good enough but left with respect intact. I never once heard anyone say they 'felt sorry' for Ngog. Certainly not Walton Red or yourself.

Its a disgrace people are still supporting him.

I'm not entirely sure his "tirade" was aimed at kenny, seemed to me he was just swearing to nobody in particular but the papers seemed to make it as if he directy aimed it at Kenny.

You're right though, he hasn't really done anything to earn our respect or support but whilst he's here I'll at least try and get behind him. I don't think think him being heckled is going to help him or us in any way.

The worst thing is his terrible first touch and even worse one-touch "passing". This simple inability to hold the ball up makes him useless as a target man, and his lack of instincts around the box make him useless as a poacher....so basically we have a 35 million generator of flicked headers to no-one in particular.

i dont know, maybe i am writing this under the influence of the win against the blueshit, but i think andy has improved massively

i know he missed two great chances before the goal, but let us look at it like this... when we first signed him, he had an awful first touch, stray passes, very poor positioning, zero work rate, he wasnt missing any chances becuase he wasnt getting any

now his first touch has improved a lot, he passes accurately in general, gets on the end of things and works his arse off. Plus he is getting most of the 50/50's now

i know he is still no where near the worth of 35 mills but the progress to his game has been great, he just started from a very low starting point hehe

i am optimistic, and i will keep supporting the big guy, you can see that even in his bad days his mere presence can cause a havoc in the opposition area due to his physical stature, a havoc that can the likes of suarez, maxi, bellamy really benifit from

if he can improve his finishing and stop those stupid misses, then we gonna have the striking force we dreamed of when we first signeed him and suarez

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He wasn't good today regardless of what people say, had we gone to pens, or worse lost - he'd be getting torn to shreds right now.

I'm glad he's scoring, and even better he's scoring important goals but he is a truly awful footballer.

Yeah, he is poor. However, a couple of headers inside the six yard box count as much as 30 yard rippers. Long term, though, he isn't the right player.

He improved hugely in the second half, after a poor first 45 minutes

I said as much in various threads while the usual mongs were screaming for him to be subbed. And then he scores the winner. Again.

Not a great player. But better than some think he is, and should have started far more games this season.

Well done

Made up for Andy, that goal can be a career-changer for him. As Carra said, he'll forever be remembered now for scoring the winner against Everton in a FA-cup semi-final.

Still uncertain if he will ever be a success in the red shirt, but watching him today I have no doubt that he has improved a lot as a player this year. His movement, technique, workrate and understanding of his team-mates is a lot better, and I think he's a better player than he was at Newcastle. With a few more games like this before the summer, he could surprise some people next season.

He was excellent in the second half, getting stuck in without just using brute force, made a few important tackles and generally caused disruption for the blueshite defence. I've been unconvinced for a longtime that he didn't want to be here, but second half he looked in his element. Made up for him getting the winning goal and I really hope this spurs him on.

Had he not scored that goal...different story altogether.

I've not seen a worse haircut on a man, and I've been to Iron Maiden live.

Irregardless of the goal,the last 2-3 months have shown that there is "the player we thought we getting" lurking in there ...its goals like today that will bring him to the fore.Defensivly he is also a huge asset.Definatly needs more time here

He applied himself well enough and i'm pleased for him.

He's still a big lumpy streak of piss though who is just fundamentally ill-equipped to play the kind of football i think we all want to see, or indeed, the kind of football we've been trying to play under Kenny. We'll still be needing a big signing up front in the Summer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He improved hugely in the second half, after a poor first 45 minutes

I said as much in various threads while the usual mongs were screaming for him to be subbed. And then he scores the winner. Again.

Not a great player. But better than some think he is, and should have started far more games this season.

Well done

Should have been taken off at half time. A scuffed shot and a missed header isn't playing well. Bella being on at half time would have resulted in more goals.