You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

When Rooney threw his transfer request in a few weeks ago I stated that a working man has the right to change his place of work if he so desires. But there has to be some notice period. Three fucking days? Even Bob Crowe couldn't defend Torres on this one.

Good point. I work as a programmer - nothing special, just one of a small department. I have to give notice of one month - it gives them time to look for a replacement, even if it takes two or three months to get one.

We will realistically not get a replacement until June, and it will be 7 months from now before we can use that replacement. If anything, this affair (like the Owen one before) shows two things: one, the stupidity of the transfer window unless it is balanced by some sort of notice period, and two, that most footballers are little more than mercenaries.

He should really be sold before monday, and we spend the weekend sorting out a good striker to partner Suarez, if that deal hasn't been fucked up now. Then try and get him in before the window shuts.

How much will it suck if he clearly wants to leave and is here for four more months? If we can move on quickly maybe it's for the best, the only nightmare is that we could be playing at their ground against him shortly. It's just going to fucking suck seeing him playing against us, but mainly for Chelsea, wearing their kit.....makes me cringe, it's surreal. It's still bad enough seeing Yossi wearing their kit.

I dropped Torres on Football Manager. That'll teach him.

one day in the summer of 2009 I decided to go back to playing FM2005 for a laugh, I was using Real Madrid only to flick the telly on only to see Michael Owen was in talks with Scum

guess which cunt ended up in the Castilla squad

Maybe if he stays and we win the Europa things will be hackable.... Because if we've got Suarez and Torres playing with eachother that's a genuinely realistic goal if he stays then goes in the summer. If he wants out now though maybe he should be sold for the best price.

Never thought i'd see this from him. Thought players like him and Pepe were true reds who "got" this club.

He's a childhood Atletico fan and he ditched them... what kind of loyalty did you expect from him? He was always going to leave when things got tough.

will suarez sign now that nando is on his way?

maybe he wanted to play with him

also can someone tell me why we finally made a decent bid for suarez on the day nando's wantaway status was made clear

I would be majorly pissed off if we only made a decent bid coz we knew the nando story was going to break later and we'd finally given up on talking him out of his move away - i'd really like to know what the fcuk has gone on behind the scenes during the window....but for me the owners and their lack of ceo and comolli are coming of rather badly in all of this, i pray they prove me wrong in the next few days and in the summer

Or are they useing the cash off torres to buy suarez got me thinking

Good point. I work as a programmer - nothing special, just one of a small department. I have to give notice of one month - it gives them time to look for a replacement, even if it takes two or three months to get one.

We will realistically not get a replacement until June, and it will be 7 months from now before we can use that replacement. If anything, this affair (like the Owen one before) shows two things: one, the stupidity of the transfer window unless it is balanced by some sort of notice period, and two, that most footballers are little more than mercenaries.

But the deal is that we control his destiny....we dont have to let him go anywhere for two and a half years

If I was Liverpool 40 million + Sturridge is a good deal. Assuming he really wants to leave, I would definitely go for Sturridge as he's extremely talented player who would flourish with game time. Dont take Anchelotti not playing him serious as he has never trusted younger players like in his Milan days