You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stuttgart vrs Bayern Munich

loadsoftrophies

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heaven In Hamburg | Unprofessional Foul

The Fan’s Attic passed along some links regarding the interesting concessions on offer in the VIP section at the Millerntor-Stadion. The stadium, nestled near the Red Light District of Hamburg, is home to St. Pauli FC, one of the quirkiest clubs in the Bundesliga. Utilizing the creativity of a local advertising agency (link’s in German), St. Pauli installed Thomas the Train’s cousin from Chicago in their VIP section for this season’s home matches.

Now, having hot sausages delivered to you without having to leave your seat is one thing, but there are two other perks provided to those in the VIP seats in the South Stand at Millerntor-Stadion.

Below the pork-packing train is a row of flat-screen TVs that show replays of the action on the pitch and underneath the seats are individual mini-kegs of beer for you to wash down your trundled goodies. That is indeed a trio of pure bliss once you ignore the increased risk of heart attack due to immobility, hot sausages, and beer.

The only reason for a person in one of these seats to leave during a match would be to hit the head, but since these are the VIPs, I’m sure there is a special potty installed with Hitler’s face for them to take aim (remember: St. Pauli does not like fascists). It appears, however, that there are only 10 such VIP seats installed thus far, so these are truly unique seats.

These guys have really thought of everything

A corollary to this story is that Nordpol, the local agency that worked with St. Pauli on the meat train, has been spotted by other sporting clubs and now have a contract with Borussia Dortmund to develop their communications. Dortmund has the highest average home attendance in the Bundesliga, so this bit of synergy between a unique club and local business is turning into a potential money train for the latter.

The bundesliga shows what healthy, stable (ie controlled) growth can achieve.

Fast becoming europes top league imo. No real superteams outside of bayern- and even they dont dominate. Instead you have 6-10 young, aggressive sides playing high intensity attacking football.

And turns out thats infectious.

• 3 weeks later...

Dortmund go marching on, winning 3-1 in the BayArena tonight. Good second half performance from Dortmund, though some of the defending from Leverkusen in the first 15 minutes of the second half was horrendous.

Sami was rotated, but will more than likely be back in the starting XI next weekend, as Friedrich will be suspended.

I can't make up my mind about Dortmund - they look good in the Bundesliga, but in the Europa league, they were rubbish, and didn't get out of the group stage.

Are they just the best of a bad lot?

Barrios scores goals, but I'm not convinced by him, Kagawa, however, looks really good.

Of all the Dortmund games I've watched this season, (not that many in truth), Barrios has always been on the bench, with Lewandowski up top on his own.

I'm always impressed with Sahin and Gotze though. Subotic and Hummels are good defenders as well, but Dortmund do have a vulnerable side to them, highlighted this evening when Leverkusen actually managed to get the ball into wide areas in the latter stages of the game.

Dortmund don't seem to me to blow teams away with incessant attacking football, but they do know when teams are vulnerable and are very quick to pounce on an opportunity. They all work hard for each other, pressing the ball quickly and in numbers.

That said, from what I have seen, they are a good side, but possibly a little too naive at this stage to really be competing on several fronts.

I can't make up my mind about Dortmund - they look good in the Bundesliga, but in the Europa league, they were rubbish, and didn't get out of the group stage.

Are they just the best of a bad lot?

Barrios scores goals, but I'm not convinced by him, Kagawa, however, looks really good.

Dortmund have the youngest side they have ever had, they will be the youngest German champions in history if they do win the title.

They are simply not quite "ready" for European football, not helped by a small squad. They could still hit the wall if they get a few injuries, but they are great to watch and IF they can keep this team together (and it is a big if since they are not flush with cash, having almost gone to the wall 5 years ago) they should be a team to watch in the next few years.

Grosskreutz, Bender, Schmelzer and Goetze are awesome, not to mention Kagawa (?) who cost 150,000 GBP.