You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How good is the french league?

18-5

I haven't really followed Ligue 1 in a while. From what I remember, there were far too many Momo Sissoko type players, and every league game seem to consist of Senegal v Cameroon, with a smattering of young French "starlets" thrown in for good measure. It seemed as though every teamsheet had a Diarra, a Diawara, a Diatta, a Sissoko, a Sakho, a Keita, a Camara and a Toure. It made for tedious, defensive-minded, counter-attacking games populated with players who are athletes first, footballers second.

Still are im afraid....with a few really skilful players mixed in.

Well I have never watched a single ligue1 game so I have no idea how they play. Seems to be producing some exciting talent though.

I haven't watched one since Tony Cascarino went to France and played like Pele (I didn't realise it was him it was so weird, he suddenly didn't look like a carthorse)

Marseille v Chelsea now.

Lively start by Marseille so far. Looks like a 4-2-3-1 for Marseille - soccernet lists it as 4-3-3 though. Chelsea through and Marseille 99% in. Remi tormenting Ivanovic. Defensive midfielders aren't exactly able to cope up with Chelsea though.

First half review:

Open game. 4-2-3-1 for Marseille, like to attack from the wings. Consistently 3 players in the box when attacking, two players whipping in the crosses. One defensive midfielder dropping back to pick up the pieces. Poor finishing and inaccurate passing is letting them down. Defensive midfielder isn't great so losing possession in the midfield. Chelsea have had a few chances but seem to lack confidence. Drogba looks like he is still on the training ground- doing whatever he wants.

Marseilles has been attack attack attack and their pressing and possession are also impressive.

Would really fancy Deschamps here.

Absolutely. Every other minute they tried to have a shot at goal. Plus at least 3 players in the box when the cross comes in. Their finishing is not good but they were getting into the right positions.

Chelsea were disinterested tbh. Just strolled around. McEachran impressed - has a passing range of 20- 40 yards and pretty accurate. Ramires was a joke. Why did they even buy this kid? Got pushed over a lot of the times. Can't pass the fucking ball properly. 18 million quid for this shit? Chelsea's very own Kleberson.

Over all the game was 7/10.

Absolutely. Every other minute they tried to have a shot at goal. Plus at least 3 players in the box when the cross comes in. Their finishing is not good but they were getting into the right positions.

Chelsea were disinterested tbh. Just strolled around. McEachran impressed - has a passing range of 20- 40 yards and pretty accurate. Ramires was a joke. Why did they even buy this kid? Got pushed over a lot of the times. Can't pass the fucking ball properly. 18 million quid for this shit? Chelsea's very own Kleberson.

Over all the game was 7/10.

Thought Ramires looked good when Ive seen him in the premier league. Seems exhausted now.