You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone got anything on what was going on today, after Torres planted that cross on Gerrard's head, Stevie headed out towards him to celebrate and the visibily changed direction and went past him to the crowd. Nando trotted off on his own back the half way line like we'd conceded. I'm assuming that means Torres is off and Gerrard's not happy or am I reading too much into it unless you've any more news.......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres just did what Gerrard should have done. He ran back quickly so we could get on with the game. Equalising at home to Sunderland is hardly worth a big celebration is it? Gerrard should have just grabbed the ball from the net and got Sunderland to kick off.

And before anyone starts, that's not having a go at Gerrard.

Anyone got anything on what was going on today, after Torres planted that cross on Gerrard's head, Stevie headed out towards him to celebrate and the visibily changed direction and went past him to the crowd. Nando trotted off on his own back the half way line like we'd conceded. I'm assuming that means Torres is off and Gerrard's not happy or am I reading too much into it unless you've any more news.......

You're reading way too much into it. As has been said, Torres just wanted to get on with the game and try and find a winner. Although Torres hasn't scored recently, he's still had a huge hand in our last three league goals.

You'd make a cracking journalist.

Torres just did what Gerrard should have done. He ran back quickly so we could get on with the game. Equalising at home to Sunderland is hardly worth a big celebration is it? Gerrard should have just grabbed the ball from the net and got Sunderland to kick off.

And before anyone starts, that's not having a go at Gerrard.

What a stupid point. Torres did what Gerrard should have done? Think you'll find Stevie's been doing what Torres should be doing a lot of late - sticking the ball in the net!

There is an absence of comradary in this team, none of them trust eachother, 08-09 team were absolute robots programmed with a winning mentality and an edge that most of our teams in the last 20 years could not come close to

I'm not so sure, Gerrard is always elbowing people out the way so he can get to the camera first and luxuriate in the awesomeness that is his ego.

I'm not so sure, Gerrard is always elbowing people out the way so he can get to the camera first and luxuriate in the awesomeness that is his ego.

Yeah, I think the problems in the team are much deeper than just the manager.

I think the rest of the lads are pissed off at Gerrard + Carra for getting asked about the new manager.

Could possibly be why they are all publicly stating they want new owners (Pepe, Torres) & Gerrard, Carra don't want to be vocal because Purslow listens to them and has given them that little bit more power over the manager.

It's been there ever since the Arbeloa/Carragher thing IMO.

Just my thoughts though, I'm probably way off.

People are being a bit harsh here on Cherry. I'm sure someone commented on it in the match thread as well. Some of the responses could have been a little politer gentlemen, no?

Starting it's own thread creates problems for said thread starter though. Lashing this in the match thread wouldn't have drawn attention to it's utter stupidness.