You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huang withdraws from sale process - What Next?

SpiritOfShankly

Same here, haven`t bought anything since it all started turning into shit. I do want a new jersey as I like the new away kit.

The way things are going seems I`ll be wearing my 21 Lucas jersey with pride for some time still...

Mr. Graham, don`t know if you`ve answered this before but has there been any more movement about the interview with mr. Huang?.

On the basis that he says he has now withdrawn his interest we presume no meeting will now take place.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question about membership was to suggest if you were that you should propose a change, nothing more than that.

You don't know me as I don't know you so let's not start judging each other.

One point that is vital is that any action has to be deliverable and successful.

Ok Graham, lets see SOS have an edge to them. No dis to yourself but I suppose that means calling a meeting

If (and it's a big if) the club is sold the penalty fees/interest will just reduce the money the yanks take out of the sale. The purchaser will bid his view of market price, RBS take their cut, the yanks only take what's left over.

The problem will be if the yanks re-finance.

On the basis that he says he has now withdrawn his interest we presume no meeting will now take place.

Shame, would have been great if he spoke out agains the owners, get some real insight, but I recon he is way to professional for that. Professional integrity and all that jazz.

Guess business men will be business men till the end.

Shame, would have been great if he spoke out agains the owners, get some real insight, but I recon he is way to professional for that. Professional integrity and all that jazz.

Guess business men will be business men till the end.

If he did it would be very un professional and tarnish his reputation.

And it would be seen as bitter.

Ok Graham, lets see SOS have an edge to them. No dis to yourself but I suppose that means calling a meeting

There are Committee meetings every month (actually more like every two weeks at the moment) and general meetings every quarter.

Members can raise issues at any of these (and have and do).

As we've said a few times, firstly the members have presently voted against that and secondly (and the reason for the decision) it can't be delivered.

This was the SOS response to someone asking if there should be a match boycott. Look, I understand the good intentions and all that but this just reads like a minute from a meeting of the Judean Peoples' Front.

As we've said a few times, firstly the members have presently voted against that and secondly (and the reason for the decision) it can't be delivered.

Having said that individuals or other groups can decide what action to take independently of us.

I understand an empty ground will be impossible but even 10% 0r 15% empty (ie SOS members and familys not going ) or even a percentage of season ticket holders dont go (i know st are already paid for but imagine the the shit storm if anfield is a quarter empty for a big game )the fans who boycott could meet up somewhere during the game,get the press involved and show the club "this can be done" if and when its required.Let the yanks see they might own the club in name but it belongs to the fans and without the fans there is no money,no club.

Why a ballot? Just don't go the game, it's nimps. I gave my ST up two years ago. People spewing bile about G&H and then clicking the turnstyle are people i just don't understand. It's not rocket science.

Me and my old man gave ours up last year but it needs more than that. Fuck the whole thing off.

My hat's off to both of you, Sirs.

It's a damn shame there is no organisation run by people willling to make the sacrifices you have made, and who have the same determination to get G&H out.

It takes leadership to get something like this going. You two have already led by example. I think it will take someone of your determination and willingness to act to get a match boycott going.

We can pussyfoot around as much as we like, but at the end of the day hitting those greedy bastards in the pocket is all that matters. Because it is the only way to make them leave.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

There are Committee meetings every month (actually more like every two weeks at the moment) and general meetings every quarter.

Members can raise issues at any of these (and have and do).

Graham just to further a point somebody else mentioned, maybe SOS should contact Haung and see what the reason for his withdrawal was, I personaly doubt his whole credibility but if he's nothing to hide he'll accept the meeting.

Can anyone point me to an article or any figures showing we have become unable to service the standard debt (penalty fees aside as that is a short term figure the Twats could stump up if they needed to)?

If we were/are still servicing the debt then I believe re-finance will happen, and we as supporters need to brace ourselves for that and somehow organise a full boycott.

We try and find as much as possible out.

When Barcap came on the scene there was talk that they would refinance if a buyer could not be found.

Yes I recall that. It is perhaps worth noting that there is a link between Lehman Brothers (now part of Barcap) and Hicks.

Is it worth trying to put pressure on Barcap now, rather than later?

Any rumours about Sheikh Mohammed ?

he was in for us, wasn't he ?

I think it's more wishful thinking, and a case of putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

Though don't get me wrong, I think it's feasible. I recall him making an offer to the Yanks of a profit of £40 Million each. When they wanted £100 Million each he said fuck off.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back, but I've heard nothing to suggest anything concrete.

We try and find as much as possible out.

When Barcap came on the scene there was talk that they would refinance if a buyer could not be found.

So there is the tactic - play lip service to a sala and piss off every buyer that comes to the table until they get frustrated and walk away

Kenny Huang blames Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton for failed takeover

Kenny Huang decided to withdraw from the race to buy Liverpool because of his increasing disillusionment with chairman Martin Broughton and the club’s board over the timescale and pace of a deal, it has emerged.

It is believed Huang was unimpressed at Liverpool’s unwillingness to set a general “horizon date” for the completion of a sale.

He is also thought to have been concerned by Broughton’s insistence that the board should reserve the right to accept an 11th-hour bid from another candidate even if the terms of sale had been agreed.

Broughton has been persistent in his assertion that he will not be corralled into rushing a sale by any candidate while sources close to the process are adamant it is in the club’s best interests to keep an open mind on the winning bidder until the very last minute.

Huang, the only contender to buy the debt-laden club who had made his intentions plain, issued a statement on Friday night.

In it he revealed that he had informed Liverpool’s board that he no longer wished to be considered a candidate to buy out the stakes of current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Though his bid has been laced with questions over the provenance of its funding since it was first revealed earlier this month, his advisers insist his finances were checked and approved by the Royal Bank of Scotland, who hold Liverpool’s £237 million debt, and Barclays Capital, the bank mandated to run the sale process.

He is also believed to have supplied all supporting paperwork requested by the club.

Huang was viewed as a “serious contender” by all parties linked to the sale, but grew frustrated at the board’s perceived prevarication.

He was refused a period of exclusivity in which to finalise his bid last week – he had wanted a deal to be agreed before the closure of the transfer window.

He was also concerned by the revelation that BarCap had been involved in an abortive attempt in June by Hicks and Gillett to refinance their debt and forego a sale.

Sources at Liverpool and BarCap have insisted the departure of Huang from the negotiating table is not a hammer blow to the sales process.

It has been suggested there may be as many as four other bids on the table, though as yet no other group has confirmed its interest. Liverpool’s board are believed to be discussing their options should no sale be secured.

Kenny Huang blames Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton for failed takeover - Telegraph

I think it's more wishful thinking, and a case of putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

Though don't get me wrong, I think it's feasible. I recall him making an offer to the Yanks of a profit of £40 Million each. When they wanted £100 Million each he said fuck off.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back, but I've heard nothing to suggest anything concrete.

Maybe somenoe should ask some journalists in UAE if they have heard anything. I think the English press are to much in to this Haung story.

Taken from forums.liverpoolfc.tv :

"there are rumours surfacing that Amanda Staveley is heading a consortium to takeover Liverpool ( Mancity takeover) she is know for working with Shiek Maktoum so could this be one of the reported 4 other bids"

(Amanda Staveley :drool:)

Are they talking shit ?

Are people allowed to protest in the ground yet?

SOS will need to seek permission from Rafa first.

When people protested in the ground who were they shouted down by? It wasn't Benitez. It wasn't SOS members. It wasn't Tony Evans. It was a large section of the Kop support. And until the switch goes in the head's of our non-internet forum reading fans, that's how it will end.