You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Pope

All the people who are saying FIFA is too automatic are probably the ones that have everything assisted, try turning all the assists off and you will score goals like you never have before and will feel well better because you have to work for it, plus you can choose how strong your passes are etc.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fifa is miles better, no contest, even those who claim Pro is better play Fifa, nutters.

Those who claim PES is better are crazy fanboys who would say it is better even if you could only choose 2 teams and you couldn't shoot the ball :lol:

PES fans = 2xGay.gif

Last PES I bought was '09 and it wasn't very good, that's not to say it was an unplayable mess but it seemed like they hadn't put their full ass into it. I played the demo of FIFA10 and it was a huge improvement of previous FIFAs but there was still something 'off' about it, dunno what it was exactly. It may have been that the player animations didn't feel or look that natural, not that PES has that down either. But I find PES has a slower tempo gameplay than FIFA, although again FIFA has slowed theirs down a lot since the ridiculous 99-07 games that were way too fast plus the shooting seems to be more influenced by the player's body shape than the older versions.

So in summary, FIFA has certainly caught up and I can see why many have switched to it, but PES still has my support but it does need a new game engine, animations and overhaul of it's design, plus (and this is minor) Konami need to put their hand in their pocket for all the licenses that are available. It's 2010, Merseyside Blue and the like ain't gonna fly anymore.

Last PES I bought was '09 and it wasn't very good, that's not to say it was an unplayable mess but it seemed like they hadn't put their full ass into it. I played the demo of FIFA10 and it was a huge improvement of previous FIFAs but there was still something 'off' about it, dunno what it was exactly. It may have been that the player animations didn't feel or look that natural, not that PES has that down either. But I find PES has a slower tempo gameplay than FIFA, although again FIFA has slowed theirs down a lot since the ridiculous 99-07 games that were way too fast plus the shooting seems to be more influenced by the player's body shape than the older versions.

So in summary, FIFA has certainly caught up and I can see why many have switched to it, but PES still has my support but it does need a new game engine, animations and overhaul of it's design, plus (and this is minor) Konami need to put their hand in their pocket for all the licenses that are available. It's 2010, Merseyside Blue and the like ain't gonna fly anymore.

Problem is only one company can have rights to the premier league and EA simply have more cash.

I bought the original 'PES' for the Playstation back when it was ISS pro and carried on buying it up until and including 2009, which I played about once. It was too ridiculously easy to dribble past players and felt really clunky. From PES 6 onwards I think the franchise had been going downhill.

What annoyed me was that they rested on their laurels. They had a massive fan-base for years but where Fifa was implementing changes to make things better, PES seemed to be chucking out half-arsed franchise developments with a couple of shitty extra features. A lot of the time they hardly even bothered updating the player stats. A player would emerge as the next big thing and it would take about two years for PES to cotton on and change them in the game.

I used to hate Fifa and when I started playing 09 I spent many hours trying to shower the scent of betrayal off me. To be fair, they worked really hard to make the game mechanics better and it sort of paid off. It's not ideal, and it doesn't compete with the best pro-evolution games of the past, but it's better than their current offerings.

Guest Dog Chaser

Can't be any worse than the last installment surely. Spurs and Mancs being the only two Premiership teams is a shit start. We're back to Merseyside red then.

I don't think FIFA has caught up with Pro Evo in a sense rather the last 3 versions of the game have been poor. Hence FIFA looks to be a better game than PES which is probably is now as the main argument Pro Evo fans like me had as to the FIFA vs PES debate was better gameplay as all other things FIFA excelled on.

All the people who are saying FIFA is too automatic are probably the ones that have everything assisted, try turning all the assists off and you will score goals like you never have before and will feel well better because you have to work for it, plus you can choose how strong your passes are etc.

Good point, I forgot about that.