You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Cole

Guest Nic

Heard he's considering handing in a transfer request. Houllier would be mad not to go for him. Around £5 million for a player like that would be an absolute bargain. Houllier is a fan of Cole's and there have been rumours about a summer move (on the offal).

don't forget , he can also do 300 keepie uppies with a golf ball :eek:

hehe. Who could forget! ;-)

I really like Joe Cole and if there is any truth in his transfer request rumour then we should deffo be making a move for him. I doubt he would want to come up north though. He's a proper little cockney wanker (I mean that in the nicest possible way)

Have more faith. He signed Kewell who matches that description. We all said we needed a player like Kewell and we got him. For some reason I'm quite positive this will happen :angel:

As soon as I read about Cole apparently putting in a transfer request, I immediately thought about a Gerrard, Cole and Kewell trio, with Didi sat in behind and Owen and Baros up front...tasty, if you ask me. Football wise, obviously.

Owen Baros

Kewell Gerrard Cole Diouf

Carragher Hypia Henchoz Finnan

Kirkland

:drool:

Surely the fee wouldn't be much more than £5million.

As soon as I read about Cole apparently putting in a transfer request, I immediately thought about a Gerrard, Cole and Kewell trio, with Didi sat in behind and Owen and Baros up front...tasty, if you ask me. Football wise, obviously.

tasty to have them fellas playing together, but I'd much rather have Gerrard behind Owen & Baros rather thann Didi.

It's all theoretical, though, as the mighty Didi hasn't even been offered a new contract yet. Fvcking disgusting imo.

Another reason Houllier needs to have a fvcking word with himsefl about. Prat.

Cole is quality and Chelski are better than us and have a colossol squad. Le Tallec has under-achieved so far and is useless when played out of position on the flank. He hasn't earned a place in the team in my eyes though he clearly has potential. Cole would be a revelation.

Theres no pleasing some people. I'd kill for a few nutmegs on the halfway line. We need a player who can break down defending teams around the edge of the penalty box and he's the man.

Wouldn't say no to Cole if we could get him for £4-5 m. but assuming we only had that amount to spend on the midfield I'd rather strengthen the right side with Wright-Phillips or Malbranque.Both seem to produce more of an end product than Cole but I admit that he hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself at Chelsea.

Wouldn't say no to Cole if we could get him for £4-5 m. but assuming we only had that amount to spend on the midfield I'd rather strengthen the right side with Wright-Phillips or Malbranque.Both seem to produce more of an end product than Cole but I admit that he hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself at Chelsea.

Completely agree with that aws. I wouldn't say no at the right price but I would rather spend the money on a pacy centre back (Mexes/King/Dawson) and I am still far from convinced on our right midfield (Diouf/Murphy/Smicer/Le Tallec). Wright-Phillips,Malbranque and Davies of Tottenham are good prospects for that spot.

Originally Posted by Tom R

Houllier will never sign a player like Joe Cole. He has skill, he likes to run at players and he scores a few goals.

So no chance.;)

Sounds like a certain Milan Baros - who signed him?

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I wrote that, hence the";)".

But regardless of that, I also remember Houllier trying to flog Milan to just about anybody who would listen!

Cole has no pace and can't score and we've got far too many players like that at the club. I totally agree about Malbranque. He's a proven Premiership goal scorer and the Echo were shouting from the back pages that he was one of GH's main targets last summer.

Another possibility would be Mendieta. He is a true world class talent with great movement, vision, skill and goal threat. Plus, it'd be so sweet to steal him from under that twat Gibson's nose.

While I crave a creative midfielder for our team Joe Cole is not the man for the job. He's a circus act, I wouldn't pick him if he was in our squad. Murphy is a better player and I don't rate Danny very highly. Our next 2 signings have to be guaranteed first team regulars.

Joe Cole is pants. End of story. The last thing we need at LFC right now is another money-grabbing waste of space!

Below is a list of Joe Coles Recent acheivements:

1) He took it round someone once, and then passed it straight to the opposition.......I think he was with West Ham at the time.

2) err......that's it!

Please, no.