You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A horrible feeling I have as well. The Spaniards have hardly hit top gear and the Portuguese have a very, very good defence and they don't concede many at all. They haven't looked like letting a goal in all tournament really.

Did I hear correctly last night that they have 22 clean sheets in 26? If so that's amazing.

I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line here and say it'll be tight, tense and a bit dull.

Please be wrong, god damn it!

I have a very similar feeling. Portugal, despite the North Korea result, aren't the most prolific of attacking teams and seem to have built the team on a strong defence.

Spain, whilst having a great ability to keep the ball, don't appear to have the cutting edge they had in the Euro's and in qualifying. I think they'll struggle to break the Portuguese down.

Add to this the fear of losing factor, both because it leads to getting knocked out as well as getting beaten by your local rivals, and I think both teams will be more concerned about going out to not lose the game, instead of going out to win.

Plus, the games that I've really looked forward to, such as this, have tended to disappoint.

A tight, tense affair indeed.....i'm going for 4-0 Spain :yes:

Seriously, it's got a tight 1-0 win or even 0-0 written all over it.

Have got Tiago too sabbathfan, also Villa as my captain and Xavi. Have got 21 points to catch upto The_Blerts but he's also got Pique and Iniesta playing. Unless Villa gets some serious points I'm fucked and out of world cup mode.

I think this game has been overhyped too and will be a letdown, but hope I'm wrong.