You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The vuvuzela poll

kop

The vuvuzela  

169 members have voted

1. 1. The vuvuzela

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the England/USA game last night I was quite thankful for the fucking things. They drowned out the dreadful England 'band'; no badly played theme from The Great Escape, no National fucking Anthem and no Rule Brittania. I find the vuvuzela much more melodious.

they're selling them in lidl, get ready to welcome them to the premiership.

I fully expect every seat at Stamford Bridge to have a blue one ready for the first CL game this year with an inspirational message from Chelsea's marketing manager printed on the side. I also suggested in another thread that given the sheer number of people selling overpriced tat there, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Blackpool's fans kitted out with them.

They are not as bad as they were last year. I can only presume that last year the majority of fans were locals whereas now its a bit less but they still drown out the fans singing & bands. I think as a player it would be more annoying then us viewers cos its a droning sound thats seem to head fuck you.

They ruin the cadence of any crowd-pitch interactions. No boos, no cheers, no chants, no songs, fuck all apart from the constant drone.

How the fuck South Africa got the World Cup anyway is beyond me. It seems if you oppress your population enough and then give them a modicum of freedom you get rewarded for doing something that all civilized countries do anyway. See China and the Olympics.

They are not as bad as they were last year. I can only presume that last year the majority of fans were locals whereas now its a bit less but they still drown out the fans singing & bands. I think as a player it would be more annoying then us viewers cos its a droning sound thats seem to head fuck you.

I think it's the same, I just think the broadcasters have found a way of toning it down a bit. I've got a damaged ear drum and watching some of these games can be physically unbearable with the sound on. I've had to walk out of my mates' house when I've been watching a couple of times because it gets that bad. I really wish somone would just hurl one on the pitch so we can get rid of them.

They ruin the cadence of any crowd-pitch interactions. No boos, no cheers, no chants, no songs, fuck all apart from the constant drone.

How the fuck South Africa got the World Cup anyway is beyond me. It seems if you oppress your population enough and then give them a modicum of freedom you get rewarded for doing something that all civilized countries do anyway. See China and the Olympics.

China gave it's population a modicum of freedom?

and yeah, totally agree, I was actually glad to hear the band during the england game, just because it broke up the drone.